GPStandConsolSchemLabeled (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg
GPstandShort (resized).png
Grand Prix LR Advance relays 2 (resized).jpg
LRAdvance (resized).jpg
ChangeRelayShort (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Grand Prix LR Advance relays (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Hi goingincirclez +
great - You found and fixed an tricky fault. As (probably others and) MarkG I am (also) not that happy with the theory in post-15 --- specifically the "silent standby of 500-Relay". I put together the stuff from the ipdb-schematics (have mirrowed some part) --- the big question is : WHAT color (wire then blade then blade then wire) had permanent-faulty connection . Also very interesting an answer to the question: A ball rolls to the target - target is moved - blade of which colour ? starts moving - moves and gets in contact with blade / wire color ? --- the both (blades / wires) move and finally get in contact with blade / wire of color ?.
This topic is very interesting - please write about. Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg

#27 6 years ago

Hi goingincirclez
I was working on my JPG (I show here in this post) --- in the meantime You made post-26 - I do not like to do drawings and then not posting --- so I do post.

There is no reason to blame Yourself --- it was a tricky fault. As far as faults can be beautyful: This is extra-ordinary beautiful. In my fake drawing I left-out the stuff "Spinner / Change-Relay". Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Work-37 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-37 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

Hi goingincirclez +
maybe a true story - maybe a fairytale ?

Back in the old days - in 1976 when Williams designed the "Grand Prix". They made a prototype - played it and said: Oh - poor us --- the left and right Stand-up-Switches both advance both (left and right) bonus. We mounted simple two-blades standup-switches - the feature we want does not work with these two-bladed switches.
Hey --- didn't we invent on "Space Mission" an UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** --- there we had to mount an three-bladed Make-and-Make-Switch --- common-wire-yellow on the first - the first-moved blade. Then on second blade the UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** (secured / put out of order through an switch opening on Ball-Index-Relay - when Ball-Index-Relay pulls-in) - then third blade to make an bonus.
Hey - lets mount on Grand-Prix also three-bladed Make-and-Make-Switches on the left and on the right. O.K. - they mounted - played the pin and the feature "left and right separately" worked --- but grumble - a grace shot closing only blade-1 and blade-2 (but not both also closing to blade-3) the player gets half of the feature - depending on how we wire blade-2 and blade-3 (blade-1 has / had wire-common-yellow): The player gets on a grace shot either "making 500 points" or then "advancing on the bonus".
We want "all or nothing" we want "BOTH subfeatures or NONE" --- lets move the common wire yellow to third blade and the two feature wires on blade-1 and blade-2 --- and we have the "all or nothing, both or none".
And to veil / obscure / conceal what we did: We draw on both sides in the schematics two two-blades switches - nobody will realize - nobody will ever complain.
And then came goingincirclez and bought new rubbers. End of story / fairytale.

I show the situation in Space Mission --- (rightbound) first blade must have wire-common-yellow. Wire-color-w-b-7 must come second for to eventually activate the UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** and then third comes the wire-color-blu-w to actuate (in normal play) the Bonus-Advance.

About two months ago I said: My Space Mission plays nice --- I want it perfect / tuned. I always had the idea: When the ball rolls up on the left lane - not completely up - but up enough to actuate the rollover - grumble, I sometimes do not get my bonus advance.
I opened the pin, had a look at - learned about the threebladed switch and the two features --- decided "I do not want the UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** - I change the setting - I only use it as an twobladed switch for the bonus advance. Shame on me --- reading and writing here in the topic: I did not remember "my Space Mission three-bladed switch" ...

Today I looked up on my Big Deal --- there is NO UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** implemented - a simple two-bladed switch is mounted - for the Bonus-Feature.

"Aztec" is the same as "Space Mission" - ALSO an threebladed switch for UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** plus "regular bonus advance".

UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** --- on Grand Prix http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072 ipdb has some text on this UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** - we can click onto and we land here http://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php#Tilt_Rollover some text and a link to http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=tilt.rollover&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced - two SS pins and the Grand Prix and the Liberty Bell and the Hot Tip.
In the ipdb-list missing are Space Mission and Aztec --- maybe because the UNIQUE Tilt-rollover-feature*** is hidden / covered by the "Add bonus feature" ?
Greetings Rolf

0Sp-Mi-Work-20 (resized).jpg0Sp-Mi-Work-20 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-lr-bonus-advance-always-pulse-simultaneously?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.