Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by egyptrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

In my area there is a non working Gorgar with good artwork on the playfield and cabinet. It comes with a brand new reproduction backglass which looks very good. The man wants $700-$800 for it. Is this probably a good one to pick up or one to pass up?

#2 9 years ago

With a new backglass, and if the playfield and cabinet are very good, it's not an terribly unreasonable price. Would try to knock it down a bit if he seems to have room to negotiate. Would be high for a run of the mill Gorgar project, the backglass makes the difference here. Usual beat-up Gorgar projects are $300-$500 machines.

-Hans

#3 9 years ago

So probably around 550-675 is good?

#4 9 years ago

I have a Gorgar that completely works with good backglass, played though, and I value it at $650, and would sell it for that.

#5 9 years ago

That would be a great price range if you could get it down there. His asking range isn't out of hand if the PF is real nice as well as the cabinet and a 300.00 BG. I want to add that Gorgar was my first pin and it had issues too. Those boards in a system 6 have some weak spots that need to be repaired and bulletproofed. There is no better guy to talk to about this then HHaase. He did awesome work on my Gorgar boards and was very reasonable on price.

#6 9 years ago

Of course, I've gotta ask; " so the guy spends $240 on a reproduction backglass, but can't pay to get his game fixed?"

Does it even light up, or is it a lightning strike?

Broken Gorgars are $300 all day, so you are really buying that backglass at prices higher than that. Unless there is no wear on the playfield at all, I'd not want to be over $500 on it.

#7 9 years ago

I've bought 12 WMS system 3-7 games and a space shuttle. None of them were over 500..

#8 9 years ago

what vid1900 said.

#9 9 years ago

I'm sorry, but a new backglass is lipstick on a pig, it's an attempt to make this game look better than it is. There's been a lot of pinflation lately but a non-working gorgar, even in good cosmetic shape, is a $200 to $300 tops. I know there's a new backglass as part of the deal but sometimes, even having new parts, doesn't make the game worth more than it is. Even in working condition, this is a $600 game. I know many will disagree with me, but that's why we all have opinions.

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-project-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.