Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Damn...I'm on a "list" for a Toy Story CE.
    I know they'll sell out fast but this and other threads have me concerned.

Same here....but surely they will have it fixed by then? I mean, they can't keep doing this and stay in business....right?

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I hate to keep going on and on here .I don’t really care about JJP playfields at all but I know about coatings and playfields in general and there is just so much misinformation when it comes to the subject when it comes to pinball that it can be tough to keep my knowledge on the subject to myself.

Let me just say.... your input on this is invaluable. I think most of us agree that the best thing for Micro and JJP to do is to have someone like you evaluate their process and put ideas forth to fix it.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

LOL. This has been going on for 7 years man. Most of you guys either don't remember or new to the hobby. MET and WOZ both had playfield issues with artwork literally falling off the playfield and that was around 7 years ago and it is still happening. Both Stern and JJP are both still in business.

yes, many of the new games have some issues, but nothing like what we are seeing with these GNR CE's and LE's. I have a Dialed In LE and the playfield is perfect. None of my Stern's have had PF issues... just minor annoying things like the AIQ subway.

It is one thing to expect perfection and have something fall a little short... most products are not perfect. This GNR thing is a whole different thing.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Correct no art under the post on BSD but that’s what I am working on with a known quality finish right now.
    The real point I am trying to make is that at the very least they should be putting less pressure on the surface instead of more and that the coating being used off the shelf is highly impressionable so if the art is not bonded well,the top coat is soft and then on top of that you put even more surface pressure on it it’s going fail and fail quickly n matter what’s under there. The chances of it happening where there is ink is probably better.
    I did do a small quick experiment on the off the shelf IJ out of curiosity.
    What I see is that the post settle hard and easily into the surface. If it has the washer within the post then the footprint is off the ink. If not it isn’t.
    I already know how to make these playfields work for my own purposes but at the very least the smaller footprint solution could be adapted and work for anyone.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

@JJP going forward HEP probably just gave you a roadmap to fix the issue. You can make the check out to "High End Pins"

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its highly likely for any company that cares about its customers; but we know JJP lies and doesn't care about its customers.

I think most companies care about their customers. However, occasionally they get in over their heads and don't know what to do. I'd be shocked if the folks at JJP weren't at DEFCON 1 over this. I think their extreme lack of communication is a sign that they know that it is a serious issue and they need time for an appropriate response. We can hope that they make the right decision(s).

Also... just a guess here... they thought the issue was fixed.

Not a fanboy response... but a response from someone who worked in a quality department for a company that had issues with quality.

#558 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Barry's a good dude. Honestly his hair was probably on fire before this playfield stuff exploded. He had plenty of time to chat at length while at AP. I'm sure JJP workday jacked to 11 was a shock.

Yeah, people need to be careful about blaming the employees who are stuck in the middle. I worked in quality for a while.... when there are problems it is the worst job in the world. I would get screamed at by customers over things that were 100% outside of my sphere of influence *and* I would have upper management screaming at me *not to tell the customer anything* It sucked... and yes.. I eventually found a new job, but it's not so easy to just up and quit when you are in highly trained in a relatively small industry.

So maybe Barry is the ringleader of all of this, but more than likely, he is just the guy who is taking a large brunt of the anger and nothing would make him happier than to find an answer that makes the customers happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.