Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by akm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

What is that supposed to mean? Lol

Avatar isn't too bad of a game, there are other sterns that are worse (like HRC & Sharkys shootout for example). Agreed on the pricing comment though lol

Pinwow, I usually agree with you on a lot of things and if shipping weren't a killer most of the time, I think we'd have done business by now (I think you had a champagne fire once I was soooo temped to pull the trigger, amongst a few other titles).

Despite what my profile says for time on here, I've been on here for over 5 years, with a few years of me on as a guest seeing if I should dive into this hobby. There are absolutely some fine operators that double as valuable pinsider members, but for every one of them, there's a recently created pinsider with less than 20 posts, selling a post 2006 Stern for way over market value and then never respond to anyone. Perhaps it's only a perception to some, but I think it's becoming a reality. This reeks of a cash grab from someone who thinks this is a place to make a quick buck while offering nothing to the community in return.

Now that I've said that, also allow me to take the same stance you see from Vid when he defends The Pin. HRC with the directors cut ROMs is a ridiculoisly fun game. Fine, call it a dog because you don't like the southerner callouts, or the pink cabinet you never see between 2 games. But that game is more stacked than Avatar by far. Sure Avatar Pro has a decent ruleset, but HRC has 4 slingshots (2 mid playfield), two ridiculously unique toys, one with a secondary display, 3 diverter mechanisms, drop targets, crossover ramp, a cool right orbit which gets easier by taking down one drop target, 2 wizard modes, a good ruleset, and even an interactive backglass. If Avatar Pro is a $4900 game (with a basic layout, 1 undiverted ramp, a plastic doll in a small shoebox, no drops, a textbook modern stern uninspired skill shot, and one stripped down mech toy with a motorized stand bank), then HRC is a $3500-$4k game... and we know that isn't the case. I know HRC isn't popular as it could be, but it's no Harley D or Striker X, IMO... and Avatar Pro would have to be gold plated to be a $5k game. And it's not, so it's simply a cash grab from a newb trying to further devolve this site into a flashier Craigslist with better pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avatar-pro-stern-2010-2022?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.