Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by akm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Avatar (Pro) (Stern, 2010)

Added: 2016-08-26 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (March 26th, 2017) • Ended: May 23rd, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 4,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

huo avatar pro, really nice, plays fast and crisp, no errors. cant find any significant flaws. in reno nv, pix avail, can ship, $4500

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are r5g's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to r5g's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Reno, NV, US

#3 7 years ago

I found a flaw. The price....

#4 7 years ago

Cool machine

#5 7 years ago

This has to be an operator selling this. Way overpriced.

#6 7 years ago

I remember selling my LE for 4200. lol

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

I remember selling my LE for 4200. lol

Maybe he hasn't got the memo that this is an undesirable machine and needs pricing to match if he hopes to move it.

#8 7 years ago

I've got an LE and really enjoy the pin.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This has to be an operator selling this. Way overpriced.

What is that supposed to mean? Lol

Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe he hasn't got the memo that this is an undesirable machine and needs pricing to match if he hopes to move it.

Avatar isn't too bad of a game, there are other sterns that are worse (like HRC & Sharkys shootout for example). Agreed on the pricing comment though lol

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Just that in general when you see pricing this out of touch, it's usually an operator. They generally think their machines are made of the finest gold.

Quoted from Pinwow:

Avatar isn't too bad of a game, there are other sterns that are worse (like HRC & Sharkys shootout for example). Agreed on the pricing comment though lol

You'll never see a HRC or Sharkey's for $4900. I remember unloading those dogs not that long ago for $800 when I'd buy a load of pins. The point is Avatar is a B or C tier pin, and this pricing is crazy for that level pin - and a PRO at that. It's probably worth somewhere in the mid-high 3s.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Pinwow, I usually agree with you on a lot of things and if shipping weren't a killer most of the time, I think we'd have done business by now (I think you had a champagne fire once I was soooo temped to pull the trigger, amongst a few other titles).

Despite what my profile says for time on here, I've been on here for over 5 years, with a few years of me on as a guest seeing if I should dive into this hobby. There are absolutely some fine operators that double as valuable pinsider members, but for every one of them, there's a recently created pinsider with less than 20 posts, selling a post 2006 Stern for way over market value and then never respond to anyone. Perhaps it's only a perception to some, but I think it's becoming a reality. This reeks of a cash grab from someone who thinks this is a place to make a quick buck while offering nothing to the community in return.

Now that I've said that, also allow me to take the same stance you see from Vid when he defends The Pin. HRC with the directors cut ROMs is a ridiculoisly fun game. Fine, call it a dog because you don't like the southerner callouts, or the pink cabinet you never see between 2 games. But that game is more stacked than Avatar by far. Sure Avatar Pro has a decent ruleset, but HRC has 4 slingshots (2 mid playfield), two ridiculously unique toys, one with a secondary display, 3 diverter mechanisms, drop targets, crossover ramp, a cool right orbit which gets easier by taking down one drop target, 2 wizard modes, a good ruleset, and even an interactive backglass. If Avatar Pro is a $4900 game (with a basic layout, 1 undiverted ramp, a plastic doll in a small shoebox, no drops, a textbook modern stern uninspired skill shot, and one stripped down mech toy with a motorized stand bank), then HRC is a $3500-$4k game... and we know that isn't the case. I know HRC isn't popular as it could be, but it's no Harley D or Striker X, IMO... and Avatar Pro would have to be gold plated to be a $5k game. And it's not, so it's simply a cash grab from a newb trying to further devolve this site into a flashier Craigslist with better pictures.

#12 7 years ago

Hey yoko, I know, darn shipping costs usually kills the deal for the most part. I get a real good rate though so I could save ya some cash I know right! I do understand what the one guy was saying though......I know some old goofy operators who are kind of stuck in their way and are determined to get a set price (retail) on a blown out pin. True true. Hmm what are the director cut roms? HRC is a fun game (I used to own one) but it is not really a tourney game and the one thing I didn't like about it was the stop and go gameplay with that slot machine. Oh yeah stern was real creative with the HRC, that long ramp diverter is so cool along w/ the spinning roulette wheel. Yeah it is a pretty open layout on avatar, nothing really that cool on it. I like Harley Davidson! Pretty neat game IMO. Never liked striker extreme, horrible machine lol. True, the price is getting close to what you can get 2 Avatars for haha

#13 7 years ago

Avatar is a good game, but good luck getting the desired price. I sold my modded, HUO Avatar pro (mid-2013 run) for $3700, and it didn't exactly move quickly.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avatar-pro-stern-2010-2022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.