• Latest reply 12 minutes ago by HarryReimer
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 108 votes
    14%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 274 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(760 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF (resized).png
IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6779 (resized).png
IMG_9595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6776 (resized).png
IMG_6775 (resized).png
DSCN0780 (resized).JPG
DSCN0779 (resized).JPG
IMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
641576EB-0803-423B-8DBC-83105A851E3D.gif
IMG_6183.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
350261786_1590528618099089_4327790555646466687_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 93.
#3801 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Multiple owners I know who own (or have owned) HW/UM had multiple part and build issues with their games. Heard less issues for those with a scooby which is encouraging. This is simple fact. These folks may not be vocal on Pinside but will not be purchasing another spooky until they see QC improve.

Me for sure!your entire statement is true. TCM\LT look good but so did Halloween.

#3802 4 months ago

Interesting word choice

#3803 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Interesting word choice

Sometimes music can get you high!
The right tunes on a great stereo is magical!I don’t even have to smoke weed anymore lol

#3804 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is about Elto John music in game.I’ve heard a few people mention how they’re digging Funeral for a friend in multiball .
This is the bands best song in my opinion followed closely by Someone saved my life tonight.
Funeral cranked up on good speakers is exhilarating

I completely agree. We got there on stream it is sounded AMAZING. That multiball starts at 36:45

https://www.youtube.com/live/DOtPRi4muro?si=rntn_WVnAWCOHg-x&t=2205

#3805 4 months ago

I tried, I really did. Piano just doesn't do it for me.

#3806 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I tried, I really did. Piano just doesn't do it for me.

Ok

#3807 4 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I completely agree. We got there on stream it is sounded AMAZING. That multiball starts at 36:45
https://www.youtube.com/live/DOtPRi4muro?si=rntn_WVnAWCOHg-x&t=2205

Your buddy actually says I love that song It gets intense!Right on

#3808 4 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We just streamed it. What a blast! The lightshow and sound package is unreal in person. Still learning the rules but probably the most approachable JJP game right out of the box. You have to EARN your multi-balls in this game!

Great Job on your stream. It was well done and enjoyable. I got to play a dozen or so games on it this weekend. It is fantastic. Shots are great and the game play is fast. In addition, it does provide an "experience" with the light show and music. I'm glad I have an order placed for a CE! It will be a show stopper in the house.

#3809 4 months ago

Looks like EJ Platinum is now in production on their FB page...

EJproduction (resized).jpgEJproduction (resized).jpg
#3810 4 months ago

Elton John manual is posted at last on JJPs site, and on first glance looks like an improvement over the sad manual efforts since Butch was fired.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ej/EltonJohn_Manual_1_0_Dec_2023.pdf

Baby steps.

#3811 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elton John manual is posted at last on JJPs site, and on first glance looks like an improvement over the sad manual efforts since Butch was fired.
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ej/EltonJohn_Manual_1_0_Dec_2023.pdf
Baby steps.

Ah nice, I'll have to take a look later to see what they changed to make the flippers snappier.

#3812 4 months ago

machines now arriving at some distributors early next week..

#3813 4 months ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Ah nice, I'll have to take a look later to see what they changed to make the flippers snappier.

I don't think you're going to see it. I believe the change happened with the new driver board in Toy Story 4 and was fine-tuned with software changes through Godfather into Elton. The main reason the improvement isn't backwards compatible pre-TS4 - needs the new driver board.

#3814 4 months ago

Here is the tiny dancer circa 1970

IMG_9299 (resized).pngIMG_9299 (resized).png
#3815 4 months ago

just wondering if anybody has heard about how these are selling, figured at the price point sales would be few.

#3816 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just wondering if anybody has heard about how these are selling, figured at the price point sales would be few.

Seemingly slooooooooow. Had multiple dists contacting me asking if i wanted one. That NEVER happens for me.

JJP needs to get their code support rep cleaned up ASAP to help stem the massive depreciation their last few releases have had. I'd take a chance on elton if i wasn't risking a $2-3k loss for opening the box. $500? Ok. $1k? Maybe. But not $2-3k.

#3817 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seemingly slooooooooow. Had multiple dists contacting me asking if i wanted one. That NEVER happens for me.
JJP needs to get their code support rep cleaned up ASAP to help stem the massive depreciation their last few releases have had. I'd take a chance on elton if i wasn't risking a $2-3k loss for opening the box. $500? Ok. $1k? Maybe. But not $2-3k.

It’s their price hike causing that.

#3818 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s their price hike causing that.

Meh. I think the price hike combined with the WRONG titles (Toy Story...FOUR?, who was pining for GODFATHER?, likewise, ELTON JOHN?) crossed with JJPs earned reputation for not finishing titles or mediocre code support has caused the rapid depreciation issues.

Titles people WANT like The Matrix (ONE ONLY), Beastie Boys, Harry Potter, Beetlejuice, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Sophie's Choice, Schindler's List (okay, maybe not those last two) and a concerted effort to fix their code support problems could support the crazy high prices and normalize NIB first-open losses to a more normal $500-$1000. Title selection and code support are the missing ingredients.

#3819 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I think the price hike combined with the WRONG titles (Toy Story...FOUR?, who was pining for GODFATHER?, likewise, ELTON JOHN?) crossed with JJPs earned reputation for not finishing titles or mediocre code support has caused the rapid depreciation issues.
Titles people WANT like The Matrix (ONE ONLY), Beastie Boys, Harry Potter, Beetlejuice, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Sophie's Choice, Schindler's List (okay, maybe not those last two) and a concerted effort to fix their code support problems could support the crazy high prices and normalize NIB first-open losses to a more normal $500-$1000. Title selection and code support are the missing ingredients.

Maybe there´s a cultural difference between europe and the u.s. but i´d rather buy a hillary clinton pinball machine, then a pee wee one.

#3820 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Maybe there´s a cultural difference between europe and the u.s. but i´d rather buy a hillary clinton pinball machine, then a pee wee one.

Tim Burton's Pee Wee movie has cult classic status, in the US at least. Hillary Clinton, not so much.

How do you feel about a Sophie's Choice pin?

#3821 4 months ago

Got some time on Elton

Steve has delivered the flow once again. It feels like Star Trek/Spiderman especially upper ramp shot. The upper ramp did feel easier than Star Trek and getting multiple loops felt good with good flow. By far the best flowing JJP but felt like another rehashed fan layout with nothing really special. One thing I was impressed with is the glossy butter cabinet decals JJP decided to use for CE. Pictures do not do them justice and they really pop in person. I was hoping it would grab me but it did nothing for me. The upside down rainbow show shining in your face really did not help either. It is such a big turn off for me and really see it as annoying and not a good thing for pinball. I really do like Elton John music but that seemed to be the big thing going for the game is the music. The flippers did feel snappy but the game felt lightweight compared to other JJP games and I felt a considerable amount of floating side to side in the front of the machine. I would say if you are interested in an Elton may wait for the dust to settle and get one at a discount once they really start rolling out and save a few thousand-my .02

-I am still out after flipping it

Pinside_forum_7809720_0.gifPinside_forum_7809720_0.gif

#3822 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Got some time on Elton
Steve has delivered the flow once again. It feels like Star Trek/Spiderman especially upper ramp shot. The upper ramp did feel easier than Star Trek and getting multiple loops felt good with good flow. By far the best flowing JJP but felt like another rehashed fan layout with nothing really special. One thing I was impressed with is the glossy butter cabinet decals JJP decided to use for CE. Pictures do not do them justice and they really pop in person. I was hoping it would grab me but it did nothing for me. The upside down rainbow show shining in your face really did not help either. It is such a big turn off for me and really see it as annoying and not a good thing for pinball. I really do like Elton John music but that seemed to be the big thing going for the game is the music. The flippers did feel snappy but the game felt lightweight compared to other JJP games and I felt a considerable amount of floating side to side in the front of the machine. I would say if you are interested in an Elton may wait for the dust to settle and get one at a discount once they really start rolling out and save a few thousand-my .02
-I am still out after flipping it
[quoted image]

Yet you deemed Halloween and LZ was worth purchasing?

#3823 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yet you deemed Halloween and LZ was worth purchasing?

I don't know why I respond to the #1 JJP fanboy troll but Halloween and LZ blow Elton out of the water(not even a comparison). -I will admit the LED piano is cute

#3824 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know why I respond to the #1 JJP fanboy troll but Halloween and LZ blow Elton out of the water(not even a comparison). -I will admit the LED piano is cute

#1 fanboy for JJP why thank you sir
Your response is laughable!

#3825 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would say if you are interested in an Elton may wait for the dust to settle and get one at a discount once they really start rolling out and save a few thousand

Question: Would you rather pay 12k now or wait a bit and pay $9500? -Seriously

Patience (resized).jpegPatience (resized).jpeg
#3826 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Question: Would you rather pay 12k now or wait a bit and pay $9500? -Seriously [quoted image]

Seriously. That’s true with any pin. Stern included.

Patience, unless you want to buy antiques.

#3827 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s true with any pin

Iceman-I respectfully disagree sir

Any game over 10k has to be worth it and the proof is in the pudding. Games like The Big Lebowski, Ghostbusters LE, AC/DC LE, KISS LE, Godzilla LE, the list goes on and on. If a game is good-it holds it's value(we are not talking about Poo Fighters here). JAWS is already getting major hype and the LE list is a mile long. Time will tell but if JAWS is good it will not drop like your JJP games will-as my daughter would say-'Facts dad'.

#3828 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Agree on all counts.

#3829 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Any game over 10k has to be worth it and the proof is in the pudding. Games like The Big Lebowski, Ghostbusters LE, AC/DC LE, KISS LE, Godzilla LE, the list goes on and on. If a game is good-it holds it's value. JAWS is already getting major hype and the LE list is a mile long. Time will tell but if JAWS is good it will not drop like your JJP games will-as my daughter would say-'Facts dad'.

But at today’s prices and quantity?

They going down Like they should. JAWSLE won’t be any different. Patience

Venom, Foo, Bond, each can be had for under $10k LE now.

Bond is a great game. One of the best ever imo

1,000 at $13k is a deal breaker. Premiums tanking everywhere.

Does it really matter? To some it does, others gonna buy no matter what and have ZERO patience

#3830 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tim Burton's Pee Wee movie has cult classic status, in the US at least. Hillary Clinton, not so much.
How do you feel about a Sophie's Choice pin?

Sophie choice= sleep inducing.

Dune, fifth element, coco, harry potter would all be great.
Alita, army of darkness, ELO and wotld of warcraft would work for me.

#3831 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Any game over 10k has to be worth it and the proof is in the pudding. Games like The Big Lebowski, Ghostbusters LE, AC/DC LE, KISS LE, Godzilla LE, the list goes on and on. If a game is good-it holds it's value(we are not talking about Poo Fighters here). JAWS is already getting major hype and the LE list is a mile long. Time will tell but if JAWS is good it will not drop like your JJP games will-as my daughter would say-'Facts dad'.

This will be rectified.
The good games will be vaulted until demands are met.
This means good games will also drop in value, since they are used.
They will still hold their value better, but there will be a lot more of them, wich is also a good thing, since that means they will be available for new enthusiasts, and spare parts will also be available.
There is security in numbers.

Ed: JJP will also start vaulting their old games. Now they have three fails in a row and i expect a wonka or pirates vault if next game fails too.

#3832 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Ed: JJP will also start vaulting their old games. Now they have three fails in a row and i expect a wonka or pirates vault if next game fails too.

I wouldn't expect a pirates vault.

#3833 4 months ago

Not sure how much it's been discussed already, but I love the piano DMD in this game after getting to try it out for the first time. It's awesome to see the full JJP lightshow on display in a game that actually calls for it.

I definitely echo the sentiments about the game feeling a lot smoother and a lot flow-ier for a JJP as well, but man - they know how to serve a visual feast.

#3834 4 months ago
Quoted from fueledbyryan:

It's awesome to see the full JJP lightshow on display in a game that actually calls for it.....man - they know how to serve a visual feast.

That fact was established first with GNR, which also "actually calls for it. "
Elton is what happens when GNR and TS4 have a genZ baby.

#3835 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sophie choice= sleep inducing.
Dune, fifth element, coco, harry potter would all be great.
Alita, army of darkness, ELO and wotld of warcraft would work for me.

Coco and ELO could could both shine with JJP light shows

#3836 4 months ago

Just to check - there are no music videos playing in the backbox, only stills and some computer animations?

#3837 4 months ago

Unless Jack is lying they aren’t going to re run Pirates. “The front windshield is much larger than the rear view”.

EJ has gotten almost universal excellent reviews on the sparse amount of play to date.

Once these games get out on location and in homes I think they will end up selling plenty of these.

The “visual feast”, flow and if you like EJ, makes this one a winner.

I’ve said all along. Like Pinmister noted, “patience” will net you an EJ probably $3k cheaper down the road.

Unless they don’t end up making all 1,000 CEs, they should have stuck with 500, same with Stern.

Problem with Stern is they will just re run a game like JP, Elvira or ST and any other future title. So the LE quantity just doesn’t matter much anymore

Down the road? The older you get the less patience you tend to have

#3838 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

yup, i own 5 jjp's but after gnr i'll never buy another until we get some code updates.

#3839 4 months ago

Couple of questions for those who may know....Does anybody know if there is a jukebox mode on EJ? How is the bass - would this pin need or benefit from a separate subwoofer for better bass? Finally, anybody know if there would be a way to add more EJ songs to the pin since he has so much material?

#3840 4 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Couple of questions for those who may know....Does anybody know if there is a jukebox mode on EJ? How is the bass - would this pin need or benefit from a separate subwoofer for better bass? Finally, anybody know if there would be a way to add more EJ songs to the pin since he has so much material?

JJP had Steve Ritchie redo thier sound system for this game and it rocks

#3841 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SDTM nailed it with Godfather, it's just not an in demand hot theme, and JJP basically raising their entry level point to 12k at the lowest just really is gonna hurt their sales. There lowest tier offering is essentially LE pricing. Elton John is also going to be a bit of a narrow customer target base. Our local JJP dealer has struggled to move Godfathers, I doubt Elton will be any different.

JJPs IP choices and decision to go full on high end premium pinballs only is quite a choice.

#3842 4 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJP had Steve Ritchie redo thier sound system for this game and it rocks

So Steve fixed their flippers, fixed their sound system and created the best game IMO they've released to date. I sure hope he's collecting a decent salary and not living off of royalties from sales..

#3843 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

SDTM nailed it with Godfather, it's just not an in demand hot theme, and JJP basically raising their entry level point to 12k at the lowest just really is gonna hurt their sales. There lowest tier offering is essentially LE pricing. Elton John is also going to be a bit of a narrow customer target base. Our local JJP dealer has struggled to move Godfathers, I doubt Elton will be any different.

The lack of mode-based play and relative shallowness of the gameplay means it will be HARDER to move than Godfather, IMO.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

JJPs IP choices and decision to go full on high end premium pinballs only is quite a choice.

I think it's a fine decision to offer premium themes with premium BoM and software, but the IP choices and software support has to be BEST IN THE INDUSTRY to make it work and be profitable. JJP STARTED with that apparent ethos, but current management/ownership seems to have forgotten that, or just doesn't care. Maybe they want what they want, and profit doesn't matter? I'd love to be that rich.

With streaming being relatively big in this niche market, what JJP doesn't seem to understand is incremental software releases with some flashy component will cause a burst of streaming to show that off, and those streams are a commercial for the game with the code update but ALSO for JJP itself. It's one of the most cost-effective ways for JJP to buff their reputation as well as current and future sales, and JJP is in charge of the bursts by releasing impressive updates when they want the conversation to turn to them.

Dealers will be very happy to have people calling out of the blue for the Toy Story 4 with the new mode they saw on a stream, etc, etc. Dealers will be happy to have something new and cool to show on older, unfinished/unpolished games. Why not get on their knees and open the vault to hire David Thiel go back and fix the atrocious sound packages on a few of the machines since he was forced out? That's way cheaper than making game after game that few want that are just stacking up at dealers, preventing dealers from buying more JJP stock.

#3844 4 months ago

My understanding is the CE will have concert video on the topper tv’s that sychs with chosen songs and each song will have unique light show which should be super cool.

#3845 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve said all along. Like Pinmister noted, “patience” will net you an EJ probably $3k cheaper down the road.

My GF has lost over 4K and I put the blame on their overpriced MSRP. I’m never buying NIB again if it stays like this.

And I’d really like to try Elton John.

#3846 4 months ago

Yep been there with ts4 ce even worse then godfather price drops.

#3847 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The lack of mode-based play and relative shallowness of the gameplay means it will be HARDER to move than Godfather, IMO.

I think it's a fine decision to offer premium themes with premium BoM and software, but the IP choices and software support has to be BEST IN THE INDUSTRY to make it work and be profitable. JJP STARTED with that apparent ethos, but current management/ownership seems to have forgotten that, or just doesn't care. Maybe they want what they want, and profit doesn't matter? I'd love to be that rich.
With streaming being relatively big in this niche market, what JJP doesn't seem to understand is incremental software releases with some flashy component will cause a burst of streaming to show that off, and those streams are a commercial for the game with the code update but ALSO for JJP itself. It's one of the most cost-effective ways for JJP to buff their reputation as well as current and future sales, and JJP is in charge of the bursts by releasing impressive updates when they want the conversation to turn to them.
Dealers will be very happy to have people calling out of the blue for the Toy Story 4 with the new mode they saw on a stream, etc, etc. Dealers will be happy to have something new and cool to show on older, unfinished/unpolished games. Why not get on their knees and open the vault to hire David Thiel go back and fix the atrocious sound packages on a few of the machines since he was forced out? That's way cheaper than making game after game that few want that are just stacking up at dealers, preventing dealers from buying more JJP stock.

Good post.
Not only that, but they have also replaced ball interacting mechs with lights.
Just compare their last three titles with their first three.....

#3848 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Just to check - there are no music videos playing in the backbox, only stills and some computer animations?

Correct

#3849 4 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

So Steve fixed their flippers, fixed their sound system and created the best game IMO they've released to date. I sure hope he's collecting a decent salary and not living off of royalties from sales..

If true (sound system) it's kind of odd that JJP never said a word about it, I mean, it's a big plus so why don't talk about it ? I ordered the game and should have it in a week or so. Also ordered the Pinwoofer JJP super kit sound upgrade (have it on my Wonka and Godfather and it's a BIG plus), I hope that it will be better than the supposedly upgraded JJP sound system otherwise I would have bought it for nothing. We'll see.

#3850 4 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

If true (sound system) it's kind of odd that JJP never said a word about it, I mean, it's a big plus so why don't talk about it ? I ordered the game and should have it in a week or so. Also ordered the Pinwoofer JJP super kit sound upgrade (have it on my Wonka and Godfather and it's a BIG plus), I hope that it will be better than the supposedly upgraded JJP sound system otherwise I would have bought it for nothing. We'll see.

I heard the game in person and the sound sounded the same as my Godfather, I did not notice any change.

The real game changer to JJP games is hooking up and external powered sub.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 93.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/77?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.