• Latest reply 3 hours ago by ChrisX1130
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 108 votes
    14%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 274 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 267 votes
    35%

(759 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6776 (resized).png
IMG_6775 (resized).png
DSCN0780 (resized).JPG
DSCN0779 (resized).JPG
IMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
641576EB-0803-423B-8DBC-83105A851E3D.gif
IMG_6183.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
350261786_1590528618099089_4327790555646466687_n (resized).jpg
IMG_5265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5298 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 92.
#1801 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, just like I listened to and enjoyed Elton John's music, I also listened to and enjoyed Ted Nugent's. And he's also a great hunter.
So, sue me.

No idea where this came from, but had to laugh out loud when I read it.

#1802 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No idea where this came from, but had to laugh out loud when I read it.

It came from the heart, bro.

#1803 6 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Am I the only one that feels like they’re in the twilight zone with all the talk of Barbie, The Princess Bride and now Taylor Swift pins?

2000: “oh no. Pinball is dying”.

2023: “oh no. More people than ever like pinball, and it’s expanding into new demographics.”

#1804 6 months ago

When are we going to see a gameplay video of this?

#1805 6 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Just from what I've read.
From the Kineticist article:
There are three multiball modes available:
Crocodile Rock multiball is started by locking balls at the crocodile ramp.
Rocket Man multiball can be started at the far right "rocket" lane by collecting fuel, either by completing tasks or shooting the drop target in front of the rocket lane.
Signature Stage multiball can be started by spelling ELTON JOHN by collecting stars, then shooting the piano ramp to lock balls. There are four different Signature Stage multiballs that can be switched using the action button.

That sounds a bit more promising. Though I’m sure Keith will find a way to squeeze a multiball into everything else. Look out for classics such as “Launch the ball multiball”, and “Shoot the ramp multiball”.

#1806 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Why do you and some others seemed really bothered by someone wanting to get this right now?

I just hate when weak people get taken by slime ball distributors that tell you to buy buy buy as they push fake fomo. The ones that say shots are the new toys….. those guys. I do what I can to help others.

I’m not saying don’t buy the game if you like it but with the JJP pricing model, just hold off for a few months, let the distro sit on their allotment and then watch the price plummet thousands….. and then buy.

Same playbook as TS and GF.

Until JJP makes a game that is truly loaded with proper innovation, this will happen as the market continues to reject it.

#1807 6 months ago

Well shit, that's how you make anyone hyped for a product. Well done. Looks fun to me, but I'm not a NIB buyer.

Does it have the best Elton John song ever though? I'm Still Standing?

#1808 6 months ago

This is a nice looking game and it really captures the theme. At first quick glance, I like the lower tier art package the best.

I love Steve Ritchie games. Hopefully, the JJP weak flipper issue has been resolved.

Sadly, JJP priced me out of being a NIB buyer. I look forward to playing it at the upcoming shows I will be attending.

#1809 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:Elton has a song about Tony where he holds him closely.

No more details .. nevermind

#1810 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

just hold off for a few months, let the distro sit on their allotment and then watch the price plummet thousands….. and then buy.

Do distributors reduce New In Box pricing for Jersey Jack machines? I thought prices were hard locked from Jersey Jack.

#1811 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks left…looks right…ahem…
Elton John played at Rush Limbaugh’s wedding!!!
*runs away*

I did know that - I meant musically.

#1812 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Do distributors reduce New In Box pricing for Jersey Jack machines? I thought prices were hard locked from Jersey Jack.

Some pop the box and sell it as "used".

#1813 6 months ago

Some are now doing it for TS and GF - they advertise as make then an offer. Usually JJP is all over this but they know the games aren’t selling so they’re not following up on the distro.

If you buy this game NIB now, you will lose $$$ in four months. Don’t buy into any fomo on this game.

#1814 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

2023: “oh no. More people than ever like pinball, and it’s expanding into new demographics.”

People who are into pop music that is 50 years old isn’t a new demographic imo.

#1815 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It came from the heart, bro.

THIS is what matters!! Lmfao!!

#1816 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The hype behind it has been off the charts. Steve saying he's not restricted to the BOM like he was with Stern, I was expecting crazy mechs and toys. A spinning ballerina and the crocodile look, in my opinion, cheap. The only thing that I love is the piano ball lock.
Sorry...I know you're a huge fan of JJP but l was expecting more, especially for the price. Just my subjective opinion.

A lot of that price is in that topper and those Radcals.

Manufacturers seeing dumbasses here paying $2000 for a topper, and they said "Shit......put a topper up there with video screens and take nearly ALL toys out of the game, and we can justify it cause look at clownworld Pinside paying $2K for a topper made of plastic and some lights"

We did this to ourselves....We did this to ourselves....We did this to ourselves....We did this to ourselves....now you get a game with nearly zero interactive toys, and you're gonna like it while you stare at your non-interactive topper.

#1817 6 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well shit, that's how you make anyone hyped for a product. Well done. Looks fun to me, but I'm not a NIB buyer.
Does it have the best Elton John song ever though? I'm Still Standing?

Yes

#1818 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I did know that - I meant musically.

All I know is I never knew the hate for certain musicians ran so deep.

If I like their music I'll listen to it, if I don't I won't. Their opinions in life or lifestyles can't hurt me.

And if one of them happened to do a tribute for charity or even to the great hunter Fred Bear, he is even more OK in my book.

#1819 6 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hate to say it, but I think Labyrinth is going to end up being the darling of the show. Bowie 1, Rocketman 0

Really? Labyrinths animations, and general music sound and look as bad as Sterns game trailers. Seriously the animations and presentation of things on the LCD for Labyrinth look terrible and have an amateur vibe to them. I would expect much more for almost $11k. Elton John blows it away.

#1820 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people keep suggesting that a pinball company could afford licensing the biggest star on the planet?
Taylor swift ain’t licensing some small potatoes pinball game.

She lives a sheltered life where a burrito was unknown until she was 23. Maybe a pin company can lend her tour a few different pins to travel with her and let the addiction do its work.

#1821 6 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Steve is the Mike Brady of pinball designers ...

HAHAHAHA!!! this made me laugh

#1822 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Some are now doing it for TS and GF - they advertise as make then an offer. Usually JJP is all over this but they know the games aren’t selling so they’re not following up on the distro.
If you buy this game NIB now, you will lose $$$ in four months. Don’t buy into any fomo on this game.

Heck, it may not even be shipping in quantities for months, by the time they're shipping a bunch Jaws may be out and shipping, might as well wait and see since it's not like you can take home the game today.

Only people that win with preorders are manufacturers and distributors, everyone else gets screwed. Make them earn the money with finished games (both software and manufacturing) before buying. It's not going anywhere but down in price, if GnR couldn't hold their premium price, how in the world will Elton John? Let someone else take the loss and buy it used for thousands less (or even new for thousands less). If Elwin's Jaws is any good then this game (along with a ton of others) is going to take a big value hit.

#1823 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Expanding into the middle aged white guy demographic, yes.

#1824 6 months ago

Where Jay Leno when you need him

#1825 6 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I would lay money on a bet that Taylor swift pin would outsell all recent pins instantly. Her fans are in it deep. Lol
And u2
As I sit waiting for my plane right now to Vegas to see u2 at the sphere.

You will love it, great experience, can't describe it in words... Saw them last Friday, don't want to hack the thread or post any vids as I don't want to spoil it... But it is a must see if you're in Vegas...

20231013_204629 (resized).jpg20231013_204629 (resized).jpg
#1826 6 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Expanding into the middle aged white guy demographic, yes.

Middle age might be a little generous.

#1827 6 months ago

What Steve Ritchie has given us here is a more blinged out, next-generation Elvis. There's a lot of shared DNA between the two games in approach, layout and some of the toys - hound dog becomes crocodile rock, dancing Elvis becomes Tiny Dancer ballerina. The biggest difference is swapping out the upper playfield Heartbreak Hotel and putting Elton's piano in instead.

Is there eighteen years' worth of 'evolution' on show in Elton John? Not really, but I don't think that was ever the point. Steve is a pretty conservative guy and knows exactly from decades of experience what does and doesn't work for him. It's only natural that his first JJP game would give his fans what they would expect from him, but with more polish and a bigger budget on show. Whether that translates into $15k's worth of budget, YMMV. Definitely looks like a blast to flip though.

#1828 6 months ago

Does the CE come with the proper video cables for the topper screens?

#1829 6 months ago

Unless everyone has become more cautious, you will almost certainly be able to buy a deposit of someone at a deep discount and still get game NIB shipped directly from distributor. Given the game does not appear to be shipping right now, I see zero benefit to putting money down right now. It will not sell out and you won’t necessarily get game faster. This is just the reality of JJP games right now. The only way this doesn’t happen if if very few people buy it and those that do are hard core EJ fans that would never sell. Then there wouldn’t be a market to tank and you’d have to do a down low deal with a distributor.

#1830 6 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Does the CE come with the proper video cables for the topper screens?

Buy one and see.

#1831 6 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Lawyers going to get rich up in here suing everyone.

Full circle with the garbage humans! JK.

A pivot to Barbie isnt outlandish to me. Ill play EJ on location..

#1832 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

When are we going to see a gameplay video of this?

Its live on Facebook right now. The CE topper is insane with the light shot it projects on the ceiling

#1833 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

She lives a sheltered life where a burrito was unknown until she was 23.

I actually eat at the place Kobe and his wife used to get their burritos. El Camino Real. Very good!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-camino-real-fullerton

#1834 6 months ago

The projection of lights on the ceiling is kinda cool.

#1835 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

See, I respect that opinion.
And why would she not want to come and join all this fun with her very own pinball machine!

She too could get pinballs hitting her face, like the other poster suggested for EJ.

#1836 6 months ago

not hard locked by jjp themselves, hell they have raised prices on several games mid production. lousy bastages.

#1837 6 months ago

That promo video was so well done.

#1838 6 months ago

I hope the greed from these pinball company’s puts them out of buisness.. it’s sad to see. I’ve been debating the past few months on getting out of the hobby all together… JJP is flirting with bankruptcy with the past 3 brutal titles, and sternnis getting so greasy by making multiple “exclusive LE versions of machines.. huge slap in the face to the loyal fan base who buy the the original LEs

#1839 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

The projection of lights on the ceiling is kinda cool.

All bling and no zing.

This is the new JJP. Everything but the pinball.

#1840 6 months ago

Took me a few minutes to figure out where I seen that font before.

77521A3C-7608-425D-86D0-8CFA05ABDC1A (resized).jpeg77521A3C-7608-425D-86D0-8CFA05ABDC1A (resized).jpeg8BBFBE60-E6BF-4A6E-84B8-BDE6E8F415B2 (resized).jpeg8BBFBE60-E6BF-4A6E-84B8-BDE6E8F415B2 (resized).jpeg
#1841 6 months ago

I think Mick on a stick just had a new competitor enter the ring.

#1847 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Bring out the JD!

#1848 6 months ago

I’m going for a knob creek myself.

#1849 6 months ago

Judge Dredd?

He's the only one that passes any judgment around here.

#1850 6 months ago

\.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’m going for a knob creek myself.

I'm cheap....Costco whiskey here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/37?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.