Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 59 votes
    30%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 52 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 200 votes by 123 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5973 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2481 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail (resized).jpeg
Elektra (resized).jpg
20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
There are 1,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 6 years ago

I am currently updating the lower playing field of my Elektra. The next steps are clearcoat, sanding, clearcoat, sanding, clearcoat, sanding, polishing

Wanted to post my previous result.

Elektra_PF3_paint (resized).jpgElektra_PF3_paint (resized).jpg
Elektra_PF3 (resized).jpgElektra_PF3 (resized).jpg

20180130_144329 (resized).jpg20180130_144329 (resized).jpg

20180130_144627 (resized).jpg20180130_144627 (resized).jpg

#452 6 years ago

Impressive!

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

American Music Operator Association.
The AMOA show is were coin op. companies would display their new seasonal products.
There was a spring show and fall show.

Is it safe to assume that this machine may have been made to put on display at the AMOA show?

In other news I cleaned the front a bit so it looks somewhat less shitty now.
IMG_8023 (resized).JPGIMG_8023 (resized).JPG

#454 6 years ago

I’ve been working on the flippers, with some success, and minor setbacks. The simple fix was to disassemble them, clean them up and install new plungers, solenoid sleeves and nyliners. It fixed the stickly left flipper in the lower playfield easily. I discovered a spring washer was missing from one assembly and couldn’t buy one locally, so I ordered some online, along with some other hardware. Then the top left flipper began to stutter. I found an old forum thread called ‘flipper stutter’ and cleaned the contacts on the end of stroke switch, with no improvement. Today I installed a new switch and adjusted it, but it still stutters. I’ll do some more research and figure it out. I plan to go back to Kansas City in March and there is a new pinball parts shop near the 403 Club. It might be the solenoid or maybe a transistor I think. It’s almost comical how these little things keep happening but I’m tired of ordering parts online repeatedly because the shipping costs are as much as the few parts I need. You guys might think it’s ridiculous how long this is taking me, but the journey is fun and I’m constantly learning new stuff that will come in handy.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Is it safe to assume that this machine may have been made to put on display at the AMOA show?

I would say it is safe to say that the game was used as a test game for the new cabinet feature.
Bally had their own arcades and test location.
The only people who would know, are ones who were at the show and documented the odd cabinet.
I would check old Replay/Cashbox magazines to see if the say anything about the new
"dollar cabinet" feature.
Remember, this new design came to be after the fail of the S.B.A. dollar coin fiasco.

#456 6 years ago

Might need a back glass for one I’m getting this weekend

#457 6 years ago

Does anyone have a good scan of the alternative backglass and is willing to send it?

Or could someone who has this backglass scan this?
I would also submit in parts that I can build together with photoshop again.

Gladly if possible the front and back

#458 6 years ago

Any in the Mid Atlantic area interested in selling their Elektra? I will be at Allentown Pinfest in a few months as well if that works. Can buy or trade.

#459 6 years ago

Friend just sent me a picture of his prototype elektra back glass sitting in his storage.... thought I would share not sure if anyone has ever seen it. Picture in the game is production. So u can see the differences.

6B66A6E4-8AE0-43E9-B6EE-8729B4AB80FC (resized).jpeg6B66A6E4-8AE0-43E9-B6EE-8729B4AB80FC (resized).jpeg

9994B9BF-4A99-46B3-BEC1-2236420AF5EA (resized).png9994B9BF-4A99-46B3-BEC1-2236420AF5EA (resized).png

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Friend just sent me a picture of his prototype elektra back glass sitting in his storage.... thought I would share not sure if anyone has ever seen it. Picture in the game is production. So u can see the differences.

It would be cool to own the alternate but I think the production version is much better.... they made the right choice.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

It would be cool to own the alternate but I think the production version is much better.... they made the right choice.

Agreed. Despite the thing on her head being more ridiculous in the production version.

#462 6 years ago

Sure would be nice if someone made a repo backglass. Mine isn’t to back, but new is better

1 week later
#463 6 years ago

In the middle of my Elektra rebuild, decided to make a video showing the progress.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4248254

Enjoy
Jeremy

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

In the middle of my Elektra rebuild, decided to make a video showing the progress.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread/page/2#post-4248254
Enjoy
Jeremy

Nice YouTube video. I like the blue and clear finned posts on the lower playfield, plus the blue Titan bands. Where did you get those small white flippers for the lower playfield?

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmagicman:

Nice YouTube video. I like the blue and clear finned posts on the lower playfield, plus the blue Titan bands. Where did you get those small white flippers for the lower playfield?

Thank you, those small white flippers were on it when I got the machine. I had to shave a bit off the new flipper bushings to get them working properly. I just looked them up to see that they are Gottlieb

BAT (resized).JPGBAT (resized).JPG

SHOE (resized).JPGSHOE (resized).JPG

#466 6 years ago

Hello Elektra fans! I found me a project Elektra with a beat up cabinet. I want to strip and re-stencil the cabinet but I'm trying to do it on the cheap. I was going to scan the artwork and stitch it together to make my own stencil. But before I go through all that work I thought I would check in here and see if anyone has already went through the process and would be willing to share their art file with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Hello Elektra fans! I found me a project Elektra with a beat up cabinet. I want to strip and re-stencil the cabinet but I'm trying to do it on the cheap. I was going to scan the artwork and stitch it together to make my own stencil. But before I go through all that work I thought I would check in here and see if anyone has already went through the process and would be willing to share their art file with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think there was someone who did. Check the Elektra restoration threads

#468 6 years ago

here's some more lower playfield pics for Pinmagicman to enjoy. I'm really liking how this is looking. The main playfield may get some blue posts also.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#469 6 years ago

Looks great!

Love those target faces...

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I think there was someone who did. Check the Elektra restoration threads

Thanks! I found pinsider F-2NIRO restoration thread. I PMed him to see if he's up for sharing. Fingers crossed!

#471 6 years ago

Sorry to say but the blue posts do not look good, the color does not fit at all. Even the transparent ones do not look ok.
Through the blue the whole harmony is distorted. The primary colors of the playfield are red and black and yellow.
Blue is a cold color and above the playfield has only warm colors.

You should use white instead of transparent.

The blue bites the green of the target. All blue should be red. At the target possibly yellow.

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Sly311271:

Sorry to say but the blue posts do not look good, the color does not fit at all. Even the transparent ones do not look ok.
Through the blue the whole harmony is distorted. The primary colors of the playing field are red and black and yellow.
Blue is a cold color and above the playfield has only warm colors.
You should use white instead of transparent.
The blue bites the green of the target. All blue should be red. At the target possibly yellow.
Sorry, but that's my opinion.

No worries at allI appreciate the feedback.

I agree with you on the blue posts behind the green target. I will play it a bit and see how I feel about it (easy to change back).

thanks for the note
Jeremy

#473 6 years ago

I still like how it looks, especially with those new transparent targets. Colored LEDs will make them even more pronounced.

#474 6 years ago

Does anyone in here have a scan of the backglass they would be willing to share? I picked up an Elektra that is missing the backglass and anything would be better than the white board with the bare bulbs.

#475 6 years ago

Time to get busy.

8B300C34-51A0-4926-9B52-111828962602 (resized).jpeg8B300C34-51A0-4926-9B52-111828962602 (resized).jpeg

3828536C-3BA5-4497-989A-13BF748E795D (resized).jpeg3828536C-3BA5-4497-989A-13BF748E795D (resized).jpeg

#476 6 years ago

Wow, that looks great. Any chance of scanning that upper????

#477 6 years ago

Definitely will at some point before I do anything with it. I really don’t need these playfields either I think. Game they canebwirh has great playfields already. Might just lightly touch up and clear the originals and save these NOS ones.

#478 6 years ago

CC883C54-93DF-45D3-8480-0B3609B496AA (resized).jpegCC883C54-93DF-45D3-8480-0B3609B496AA (resized).jpeg

22F4026F-CBA7-4274-9D05-3D9D3C619720 (resized).jpeg22F4026F-CBA7-4274-9D05-3D9D3C619720 (resized).jpeg

119E7219-F01E-40C7-BC62-6D93E43AB9C6 (resized).jpeg119E7219-F01E-40C7-BC62-6D93E43AB9C6 (resized).jpeg

#479 6 years ago

I will redo my cabinet too. I’ve talked to Jeff over at pinball pimp. I can get him scans to make the stencils. Can I get 3 people to commit to buying a set of cabinet stencils?

#480 6 years ago

I'm in need of Elektra backglass scan like the other guys I see asking, would love a proto glass scan but would settle for any as my glass is blown out.

#481 6 years ago

I wonder if that upper one has been used ? The holes for the drop targets appear to be a bit worn.

But hey, it still looks awesome! Thanks for the pics

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I will redo my cabinet too. I’ve talked to Jeff over at pinball pimp. I can get him scans to make the stencils. Can I get 3 people to commit to buying a set of cabinet stencils?

How much do you think stencils would cost....i might take you up on that.

#483 6 years ago

I’ll snap better pics. Definitely never used. No wear.

I’ll try and scan the backglass too.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

150$ for the set. He doesn’t think it’s a title that he would get requests for or be able to sell any of. Let’s do it!

#485 6 years ago

I can make a BG scan when i get my Elektra in April.

Best
Jürgen

DSC_0059 (resized).JPGDSC_0059 (resized).JPG

DSC_0041 (resized).JPGDSC_0041 (resized).JPG

#486 6 years ago

20180226_143513 (resized).jpg20180226_143513 (resized).jpg

#487 6 years ago

Does anyone in here have an extra Elektra backglass they would be willing to sell? I'd love an early production version if there is one available. Pm me if you have one.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Wow, that looks great. Any chance of scanning that upper????

You know there is a guy from Germany that makes the upper playfield overlay - I am installing one now on my Elektra - it was only $30-40 or something. Totally worth it -

PM me and I will get you his contact info - there is a forum post on Elektra overlay and you can PM him directly.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Does anyone in here have an extra Elektra backglass they would be willing to sell? I'd love an early production version if there is one available. Pm me if you have one.

I don't have a scanner - never scanned a backglass but have a very good condition backglass.

Someone send me a scanner - bring one over etc. scan away.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I don't have a scanner - never scanned a backglass but have a very good condition backglass.
Someone send me a scanner - bring one over etc. scan away.

I scan stuff in Cleveland's main branch library all the time, backglasses and Playfields and it's free. We do alot of art rework in Photoshop to make our own overlays for our games. My guess is seattle library has a large format scanner for public use. Check into it.

#491 6 years ago

Sorry but Seattle proper - the public library - is nothing but a hang out for homeless people and I would have to pay to park at $20 for an hour to scan a backglass. I would buy a scanner first....

Beautiful library but not really a place to hang out at with a big sheet of irreplaceable glass.

I have thought about buying one of them small scanners that scans direct to an SD card - but for now don't need it.

Just trying to help someone out since people in this forum have asked repeatedly for a backglass scan. Its a little hard for Elektra too - Elektra has a mirror finish around parts of the glass so it would not be a 100% accurate scan.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Count me in.... it's the last thing I have to make my Elektra shine.

#493 6 years ago

Playfield Protectors in Germany will make a lexan playfield protector for the upper playfield if we can get him a scan. The upper playfield is usually blown out on these games.

#494 6 years ago

Hallo,

i have a pdf from the upper playfield overlay and there are serveral errors.

The numbers do not have the correct font and some parts have not been worked up well.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Count me in.... it's the last thing I have to make my Elektra shine.

Great. Maybe 1-2 more? Some one else has got to want them. If we get the commitments I’ll get off my ass and scan the game sooner than later(cabinet,playfields,backglass)

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Great. Maybe 1-2 more? Some one else has got to want them. If we get the commitments I’ll get off my ass and scan the game sooner than later(cabinet,playfields,backglass)

Lol!! ..... nothing like a little motivation!

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You know there is a guy from Germany that makes the upper playfield overlay - I am installing one now on my Elektra - it was only $30-40 or something. Totally worth it -
PM me and I will get you his contact info - there is a forum post on Elektra overlay and you can PM him directly.

I bought one of these overlays from him and have a spare upper playfield to put it on someday. His forum name is kwietsch. The scan is very good, almost perfect. But there is a slight overlap or something. I think an entire new scan would be great to archive. There is also a company in Canada that can jet print the image directly to a sanded and primed playfield, but nobody has created vector art for them yet. I think they are offering a free printing for whoever creates the vector art.

As for the side stencils, I would love to get a set but don’t have the space in a shop to use them, so they would probably go to waste. I hope they create them though for future restorations.

We have seen Elektra come a long way in just a couple years with new plastics and more. New scans and stencils will take it even farther and ensure quality restoration resources.

Now if I can just figure out how to fix mine...

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Playfield Protectors in Germany will make a lexan playfield protector for the upper playfield if we can get him a scan. The upper playfield is usually blown out on these games.

That sounds awesome. A clear lexan protector over a printed vinyl overlay might be just the ticket. Almost a "Hardtop sandwich".

#499 6 years ago

I have cabinet art in an autocad format if others are interested in it. I got a .studio file from another pinsider who made stencils on a Silhouette vinyl cutter. I have converted his .studio file to a .dwg file and cleaned up the linework a bit by connecting and closing all the shapes. I seperated the colors into different layers. My next step was to print out the new autocad file on paper and see how well it matches up to my existing artwork on my game. My plan was to make any final corrections and print/cut out my own stencils. I have yet to finalize the art but if someone else wants the file and would like to pick up where I left off just PM me and I'll send it to you.

#500 6 years ago

I'm looking for a NICE used backglass for Elektra. anybody have one for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.