I finally got it all cleaned up and mostly put together. I even removed the apron and cleaned it and the parts underneath it. The plastics were left off in case I had more bulbs to change. The new rectifier board is installed too.
When I plugged it in yesterday and powered it up not much happened. As you can see, about half of the backglass lights came on and some bulbs inside the coin door. So I turned it off and replaced the bulbs that weren’t lit, since I have lots of new 555s. I turned the volume up from the coin door switch to make a slight hum. When powering up it makes a small beep and the ball ejectors from both multiball holes cycle. The top left red arrow on the lower playfield came on last night but is now off, along with all other playfield lights.
I got out the manual to begin trouble-shooting it and found out that the self test button inside the cash door is broken off and needs to be replaced. The bands kit had poor instructions and is missing some bands, so I need to order those too. Hopefully putting a self test button in it won’t reveal a bad MPU board, but I hope that I can get it running without it being too expensive. Still, I’m optimistic. Since only the single player and Elektra credit displays are lit, maybe it broke down in that mode. It looks much better cleaned up and I am getting more comfortable working on it. The same lights lit up as when I first bought it so replacing the scorched rectifier with a new one probably didn’t change much, but it’s one less piece to the puzzle.