image-102.jpg
image-173.jpg
image-176.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-275.jpg
image-496.jpg
image-561.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I bought this ES as my first pin in 1992 at age 19. I have probably gone through over 50 pins in my collection since 92'. This ES has been the only pin I have never sold. Since I knew it was a forever keeper I decided to have it restored. I just got it back today. Sinking institute mod. full LED's, and CC'ed p/f. It plays like new, and I could not be happier. Thanks for your work on it Sparky, Steve, Timmothy, and Neo!
image-102.jpgimage-102.jpgimage-176.jpgimage-176.jpgimage-173.jpgimage-173.jpgimage-644.jpgimage-644.jpgimage-275.jpgimage-275.jpgimage-496.jpgimage-496.jpgimage-561.jpgimage-561.jpg

#2 10 years ago

wow, very cool!

#3 10 years ago

So very purdy. Congrats!

#4 10 years ago

Looks great!

Oh no....leg protectors on a decaled game! Be careful of wrinkling

#5 10 years ago

congrats! great looking game.

#6 10 years ago

That looks stunning, a true keeper.

#7 10 years ago

That is a nice machine. And the fact you have had it all these years . Awesome. I use Felt Leg Protectors http://www.actionpinball.com/pics/leg_pads.jpg

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Looks great!

No decals on this, origional silk screened cab.

#9 10 years ago

Wow...looks awesome, makes me want to take my ES to the next level. Unfortunatley, I do not have the sinking institute....any idea (ANYBODY!!!!) where I might find the kit????

#10 10 years ago

Very nice! Now add the Caddie!
caddie.jpgcaddie.jpg
and topper
topper.jpgtopper.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I did the Caddie as a topper. I like your set up though.image-45.jpgimage-45.jpg

#12 10 years ago

I opened this hoping it was for sale, rats! Very nice though indeed. Bitchin!

#13 10 years ago

Drool worthy indeed. Beautiful machine.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

Wow...looks awesome, makes me want to take my ES to the next level. Unfortunatley, I do not have the sinking institute....any idea (ANYBODY!!!!) where I might find the kit????

Read this thread and email Mark at the listed address.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-sinking-building/page/2

#15 10 years ago

Beautiful ES!!! Do you know which process they used to clear coat it?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Quietmouse:

Beautiful ES!!! Do you know which process they used to clear coat it?

Sorry I don't know the process. I have read that not many of the p/f restoration guys will touch system 11 games due to the inserts turning a milky color after the clear has cured. Captainneo, here on Pinside did this p/f. Seems like he has figured it out. I have been pleased with his work, and turn times.

#17 10 years ago

That came out looking STELLAR! Gives me something to shoot for with mine some day.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That came out looking STELLAR! Gives me something to shoot for with mine some day.

I got the "super set" plastic set. It came with many duplicate, and some triplicate plastics that I don't need. I also have a pretty nice main populated ramp. You are welcome to have them for your project when you are ready.

#19 10 years ago

Hey Blimpie, you don't have an extra "subway" do ya? Mine is cracked and I am having Hell finding a new one. I bought a full set of new ramps and plastics but can't find the under playfield tunnel dealio.

Thanks a million for posting these pics. I am in the middle of taking my playfield apart and was losing gas till I saw the pics of your beauty!

#20 10 years ago

I got my second ES in just a month or so ago. Will never leave the house again, I just love the game, theme and design of this machine. Your ES looks great!

#21 10 years ago

Fantastic example. Enjoy.

#22 10 years ago

Nice! I really want one of these.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Quietmouse:

Hey Blimpie, you don't have an extra "subway" do ya? Mine is cracked and I am having Hell finding a new one. I bought a full set of new ramps and plastics but can't find the under playfield tunnel dealio.
Thanks a million for posting these pics. I am in the middle of taking my playfield apart and was losing gas till I saw the pics of your beauty!

Sorry, No I only had a spare main ramp. My subway was in good shape and did not need replacing. I do not know of any resources for that part.

Quoted from The_Director:

I got my second ES in just a month or so ago. Will never leave the house again, I just love the game, theme and design of this machine. Your ES looks great!

Something special about that center/main ramp for me. Extremely satisfying shot to get into a rhythm, stacking up miles traveled.

#24 10 years ago

Mark does beautiful work. Can't wait to play a game or two on it...

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#25 10 years ago

Great work, I hope mine comes out this nice.

#26 10 years ago

Awesome work Sparky. Looks great John,as if you didn't know that.Now if I can just figure out what Todd wants to do with his.It needs a resto bad

#27 10 years ago

The ES turned out very nice! It looks even better in your driveway than in my garage

My two biggest challenges with this swap:

1) Losing all my pics when I accidentally reformatted the wrong external drive: 9 years of pinball tear-down and before/after pics for over 50 machines

2) Realizing it's time to buy or build a rotisserie. I've gotten by without one for previous swaps and tear-downs, but the sinking institute prevented me from having the pf face up.

Enjoy your game, John!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Looks great!

Original screened cabinet, not decals. This was mostly a playfield swap "restore."

Edit: I see John already replied to this

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

2) Realizing it's time to buy or build a rotisserie. I've gotten by without one for previous swaps and tear-downs, but the sinking institute prevented me from having the pf face up.
Enjoy your game, John!

I built the balck pipe version on this thread just for this restoration.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-in-case-you-havent-built-a-rotisserie-yet

It was a simple build with the most challenging aspect being the cleaning of the pipe. Took half a day and that includes shopping for the parts. It has worked great and tears down small for storage.

RobbyRottiserie.jpgRobbyRottiserie.jpg

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Enjoy your game, John!

That sinking mod is a PITA to install.....Only one I will never do again (except Todd's)

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That sinking mod is a PITA to install

It is a tight fit in there, I had to drill new holes on my bracket to get it to line up and not scrape going up and down. Totally worth it tho!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

It is a tight fit in there, I had to drill new holes on my bracket to get it to line up and not scrape going up and down. Totally worth it tho!

I had to move my harness a bit underneath to get it to fit, and had to notch my repro ramp (which was the easiest part to do!)

I really do like it though. People who have never seen it or non-pinheads always get a big kick out of it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I had to move my harness a bit underneath

Working around that harness was a PITA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-restored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.