Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_7943_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7927_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7926_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7925_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7921_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7935_(Custom).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Or maybe I'm impatient? I put this up for sale locally Wednesday on KC CL for $850. It is on the market here on Pinside and on Pynball. Haven't hit RGP or Mr. Pinball yet. Not much interest in it. It is not a really popular title, not a lot of them around, but I though I set a fair price on it. Maybe not?

I stripped the upper playfield, cleaned everything, tumbled the metal parts, buffed the Mylar to shine it up, installed a remote battery holder, recapped the power supply, and did general clean up to the cabinet inside and out. It isn't a stellar example, it has some cabinet fade, bubbling of the Mylar over the inserts, some kind of sloppy previous repairs on the CPU that I left alone, but it plays 100% and isn't a total beater in my opinion. Maybe the bubbled Mylar is freaking people out, but anyone who has owned a game from this era with Mylar knows that this is typical and not a huge deal when the inserts are illuminated.

It is kind of hard to set a price on these titles that don't sell a lot. So tell me if I'm off base. I'm not trying to make a killing on this, but I turned down an offer of $500.

A few pics:

DSC_7935_(Custom).JPGDSC_7935_(Custom).JPG DSC_7921_(Custom).JPGDSC_7921_(Custom).JPG DSC_7925_(Custom).JPGDSC_7925_(Custom).JPG DSC_7926_(Custom).JPGDSC_7926_(Custom).JPG DSC_7927_(Custom).JPGDSC_7927_(Custom).JPG DSC_7943_(Custom).JPGDSC_7943_(Custom).JPG

#11 12 years ago

Replied to your message, Whysnow.

Quoted from Dewey68:

Maybe potential buyers are worried that it's been left outside with no glass.

What? There's supposed to be glass on these things? How are you supposed to get a good score with glass on them?

Thanks everyone. I'm probably being impatient, but after a little bit you start to wonder if you are off base with your asking price. I'm not in a huge hurry to move it but I also wouldn't mind freeing up the space. I prefer local pickup and I don't want to ship so that makes it a little harder to sell and I realize that.

I guess the market for games with women sporting tridents and riding dolphins isn't as big as I thought it was. When my wife saw it before she said anything I said, "Yes, I know, it has women riding dolphins holding tridents."

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

OT question: what happens with the little sub on the upper left?

The game starts with the ramp to the sub in the up position, which lets the ball loop to the lanes above the pops. Once you hit all the orange (or 1) targets, the ramp comes down and you can lock a ball in the sub. The ramp goes back up. Then light all the white (2) targets, ramp lowers, lock a ball. Repeat with the yellow (3) and start multiball. The sub then fires the balls back to you when multiball begins. The jackpot is the wireform on the left side. It is kind of a tough shot.

You don't have to lock a ball to start working on completing the next set of targets, so you can make progress towards the next lock while trying to lock the first or second ball.

The game also keeps track of the locked balls for each player and kicks balls out of the sub rather than the shooter lane to keep everything straight between the players.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I'm suprised you haven't gotten any bites yet, cause all I have been seeing on our craigslist are the same old EM games with the exception of that Radical last week that was listed for $450.

Yes, it has been pretty sparse around here lately. I was also really tempted to email about that. But I have Atlantis I need to sell, I'm going to be selling SoF, and I have TZ and STTNG in the garage that I'm working on. Plus I've never had the time to tear down and restore my Whirlwind or tear down my TSPP. And I have repairs for others on top of all that. The Radical was really tempting though and didn't last long.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I am moving to Fort Leavenworth this Summer.

You'll be about 25 minutes away from me, it is an easy drive down K-7. I live just across the river, south of Bonner Springs. Make sure to give me a holler when you get here.

#34 12 years ago

Atlantis is gone. I didn't get a lot of interest but it only takes one to get the job done. I'm happy, I now have room for another pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-overprice-my-bally-atlantis?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.