Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CrazyFliprFingrs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_7943_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7927_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7926_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7925_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7921_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7935_(Custom).JPG

#1 7 years ago

Or maybe I'm impatient? I put this up for sale locally Wednesday on KC CL for $850. It is on the market here on Pinside and on Pynball. Haven't hit RGP or Mr. Pinball yet. Not much interest in it. It is not a really popular title, not a lot of them around, but I though I set a fair price on it. Maybe not?

I stripped the upper playfield, cleaned everything, tumbled the metal parts, buffed the Mylar to shine it up, installed a remote battery holder, recapped the power supply, and did general clean up to the cabinet inside and out. It isn't a stellar example, it has some cabinet fade, bubbling of the Mylar over the inserts, some kind of sloppy previous repairs on the CPU that I left alone, but it plays 100% and isn't a total beater in my opinion. Maybe the bubbled Mylar is freaking people out, but anyone who has owned a game from this era with Mylar knows that this is typical and not a huge deal when the inserts are illuminated.

It is kind of hard to set a price on these titles that don't sell a lot. So tell me if I'm off base. I'm not trying to make a killing on this, but I turned down an offer of $500.

A few pics:

DSC_7935_(Custom).JPG DSC_7921_(Custom).JPG DSC_7925_(Custom).JPG DSC_7926_(Custom).JPG DSC_7927_(Custom).JPG DSC_7943_(Custom).JPG

#2 7 years ago

I don't think you are way off at all. The Pins looks to be in pretty good shape...I have definitely seen a lot worst. Unless you are in dire need for the cash I would just be a little more patient. Good luck.

#3 7 years ago

Personal opinion here. I dont think 850 is unfair. Probably hurting you that it is not a well known tittle. Plus, every seems to be hunting DMD games.

I would see be patience. I dont think 850 is an unreasonable starting place. Game looks great.

#4 7 years ago

Seems fair to me. Any chance you want to drive it to MGC???

If so, I would take it.

#5 7 years ago

That's a fair price just be patient the $500.00 offer was probably from a pin flipper.

#6 7 years ago

Nothing wrong with the price, I want one. If I wasn't in the middle of finishing by basement I'd be road trippin to KC.

#7 7 years ago

It's hard to put a price on a pin that only has 1500 units produced. I'd say 850 is fair.

#8 7 years ago

I think its priced about right that machine looks to be in very good shape, probably just need to give it some more time to find the right buyer.

#9 7 years ago

Maybe potential buyers are worried that it's been left outside with no glass.

Ok, smart-assed answer aside, seems fair to me, looks like it's in good shape. Babe's riding dolphins sporting trident spear guns? What's not to like?

#10 7 years ago

Thats cool I didnt know there were sharks on the playfield. maybe go down $200-250. That would be a deal. Yeah the mylar would bother me.

#11 7 years ago

Replied to your message, Whysnow.

Quoted from Dewey68:

Maybe potential buyers are worried that it's been left outside with no glass.

What? There's supposed to be glass on these things? How are you supposed to get a good score with glass on them?

Thanks everyone. I'm probably being impatient, but after a little bit you start to wonder if you are off base with your asking price. I'm not in a huge hurry to move it but I also wouldn't mind freeing up the space. I prefer local pickup and I don't want to ship so that makes it a little harder to sell and I realize that.

I guess the market for games with women sporting tridents and riding dolphins isn't as big as I thought it was. When my wife saw it before she said anything I said, "Yes, I know, it has women riding dolphins holding tridents."

#12 7 years ago

Looks like you replied directly via email. I can't check email till after work. I will get back to you then or just shoot me a PM on pinside.

#13 7 years ago

OT question: what happens with the little sub on the upper left? I've never seen an Atlantis let alone played one.

#14 7 years ago

No stangbat, you aren't overpriced at all, it is a rare game. Plus yours is in good shape. I'm suprised you haven't gotten any bites yet, cause all I have been seeing on our craigslist are the same old EM games with the exception of that Radical last week that was listed for $450. I probably should have jumped on that but I find it very hard to buy a game I have never even played. Good luck with your sale!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

OT question: what happens with the little sub on the upper left?

The game starts with the ramp to the sub in the up position, which lets the ball loop to the lanes above the pops. Once you hit all the orange (or 1) targets, the ramp comes down and you can lock a ball in the sub. The ramp goes back up. Then light all the white (2) targets, ramp lowers, lock a ball. Repeat with the yellow (3) and start multiball. The sub then fires the balls back to you when multiball begins. The jackpot is the wireform on the left side. It is kind of a tough shot.

You don't have to lock a ball to start working on completing the next set of targets, so you can make progress towards the next lock while trying to lock the first or second ball.

The game also keeps track of the locked balls for each player and kicks balls out of the sub rather than the shooter lane to keep everything straight between the players.

#16 7 years ago

I'm not sure of the market in KS if the demand is high or not right now?
if it was my game and on the East Coast I'd post at $1000 or more and after a few weeks
perhaps drop down a bit?
If you post it in CL for $850 then change your mind and re -list it higher the next day or week
people may not contact you at all.

#17 7 years ago

i never played that title before, it looks like a real beauty, i would buy it for that price if you can get it to me in NYC

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I'm suprised you haven't gotten any bites yet, cause all I have been seeing on our craigslist are the same old EM games with the exception of that Radical last week that was listed for $450.

Yes, it has been pretty sparse around here lately. I was also really tempted to email about that. But I have Atlantis I need to sell, I'm going to be selling SoF, and I have TZ and STTNG in the garage that I'm working on. Plus I've never had the time to tear down and restore my Whirlwind or tear down my TSPP. And I have repairs for others on top of all that. The Radical was really tempting though and didn't last long.

#19 7 years ago

One thing ive found when selling pins. If your price is anywhere close to fair, it will sell. If your patience, it will sell when you lease expect it. If you decide you don't care when it sells and you just sit on it, you'll get what you want for it.

#20 7 years ago

Hmm, I might be interested in the SOF when get to selling it. I really like that game.

#21 7 years ago

Completely fair price, if I was buying a pin right now, I'd be willing right around that price.

#22 7 years ago

I think its a fair price.

#23 7 years ago

i have one and love it. id have no problem paying that for one

#24 7 years ago

I have seen one come up for sale near me recently with an asking price of $1200.

So your price seems very fair to me.

#25 7 years ago

People check CL more on the weekend. If you've only had it listed since Wednesday I'd be patient.

#26 7 years ago

Good price. If I had not just bought a machine, I would be on my way to KC

#27 7 years ago

Good price. I was looking for just a backglass as artwork and could not even find one under $400. I would buy it if I was closer.

#28 7 years ago

Wow! that is a very compelling price for one that nice looking. Just don't see these come available often...and only 11 hours away

I think you should be able to move it at that price.

#29 7 years ago

850 is fair, but in California, it would be a steal.

#30 7 years ago

Great price. If I was anywhere near you, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Looks like an awesome classic!

#31 7 years ago

I am moving to Fort Leavenworth this Summer. If you still have it then, I am interested. I love the artwork on that game.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I am moving to Fort Leavenworth this Summer.

You'll be about 25 minutes away from me, it is an easy drive down K-7. I live just across the river, south of Bonner Springs. Make sure to give me a holler when you get here.

#34 7 years ago

Atlantis is gone. I didn't get a lot of interest but it only takes one to get the job done. I'm happy, I now have room for another pin!

#35 7 years ago

Price was right, you just had to wait for the right buyer. Not a real popular game, I would guess most haven't played it.

#36 7 years ago

all it takes is the one interested person. 850 was a good price on that nice a game

#37 7 years ago

I would have bought that in an instant. It's a fun game(at least from the botched version of it I played on VP) and the price is great. I would rather buy that than $2500 for a KISS machine.

#38 7 years ago

Ust played one last night. Pretty cool game and had a hard time walking away for it. Guy was asking a little less than you. Cool pin grats on sale

#39 7 years ago

I have a friend with one in not quite as good condition, he won't take less than 800, (Sacramento)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Utica, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
$ 137.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 1,099.00
$ 16.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside