(Topic ID: 181281)

Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Did not see this in a search and I know a lot of us have Dehumidifiers in our gamerooms....Well, I received a recall letter in the mail the other day, mine was included... Offered $132.32 cash or replacement, I chose replacement as mine was over $200 to replace. I guess they burst into a fireball, so...Check yours!
http://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

Hi IB,

Thanks for posting this. I do have a Frigidaire dehumidifier that I have in my game room that is eligible to be replaced under this recall. I almost never use my dehumidifier as it is for the most part fairly arid in the Denver metro area, but I didn't realize that my current unit was a potential fire hazard in the event that I do decide to turn it on.

Gord

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from louvnj:

It was a real pain to chop the plastic with the s/n off the old unit and send in to qualify for the check. At least you just need to submit pictures this time of the cord cut off and they will send you a replacement unit (8 weeks to get).

Holy moly, for the previous recall you had to chop the S/N off the unit and mail it to them as proof of purchase? What a PITA that would have been. You are correct in that now you only have to take a couple of digital photos with one showing that you have cut the power cord and the other showing the S/N and model number of the dehumidifier.

Gord

1 month later
#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Interesting. What size did you have to replace. I have not heard anything yet and I submitted march 2. Mine is a 70 pint.

My claim was submitted and approved on Feb. 28, 2017. My unit had a 50 pint capacity. About 2 weeks ago I received an email stating that I should receive my unit by the middle of May as there had been a delay in shipping out replacement units.

Gord

2 weeks later
#82 6 years ago

I just received my UPS tracking number for a 50 pint Frigidaire replacement. My original claim was submitted on 2/28/2017. The scheduled delivery date is 5/18/2017.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-your-dehumidifier-recall-with-free-replacement-or-cash?tu=grb1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.