Check Your Dehumidifier! (Recall with free replacement or cash)

By Irishbastard

7 months ago

Stats

• 116 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2108 (resized).PNG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

There are 116 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 months ago

Thanks guys! Looks like FFAD7000T10 has a side exhaust, so I'll be taking the cash to buy another FAD704DWD.

#102 3 months ago

Just a follow up as my replacement dehumidifier has run for a week or so now. It seems to work well. The basement does not seem damp even though we have had a lot of rain and the ground water is high. It does run for a while after hitting the desired humidity level (as did my old unit), but it did actually shutoff today for a little while. I hope this means it will barely turn on in the winter as my old unit didn't run much if at all in the winter. I don't know about the total power consumption yet, but I had all 3 of my pinball machines on and playing last night with the dehumidifier running and the breaker did not trip (as happened on occasion with the old unit). So far I am happy with the replacement.

Just an FYI. I my old dehumidifier was a FAD704DWD.

#103 3 months ago

I agree. Replacement has been working well for me for the past week or so. I'm happy with it.

#104 3 months ago

Update in a year or two on how the replacements are running. Most all these Chinese made dehumidifiers run great at first but die in a few years.

#105 3 months ago

My new unit arrived so I can cut the cord on the old and get a check.

Ffad7033r1a0
Fridgidaire 70pt new looking one

Pretty quiet. I like that the air filter is easier to take out and clean too.

#106 3 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Update in a year or two on how the replacements are running. Most all these Chinese made dehumidifiers run great at first but die in a few years.

Actually, mine all seem to get recalled before they die! I figure a better than 50/50 chance I'll be going thru this again in 2-3 years, since it's happened twice already.

#107 3 months ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Well a fireball would definitely get rid of moisture...

Reminds me of Frozone from The Incredibles. "There IS no water in this air!"

IMG_1203 (resized).JPG

#108 3 months ago

Good luck if your cheapo replacement is junk....Called Frigidaire, they mailed me a letter telling me to call Midea. Call Midea, they give me a number to call Midea service.. that number just rings, no one's answers....Put my pending fireball unit back in, had basement humidity level back to normal in less than 20 min and shut off.

#109 3 months ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Good luck if your cheapo replacement is junk....Called Frigidaire, they mailed me a letter telling me to call Midea. Call Midea, they give me a number to call Midea service.. that number just rings, no one's answers....Put my pending fireball unit back in, had basement humidity level back to normal in less than 20 min and shut off.

Did your replacement unit run all the time? The fan on my old dehumidifer ran all the time in the summer and never in the winter (have no idea about the compressor), but the replacement actually shuts off on occasion now. Very odd they could be so drastically different.

#110 3 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

Very odd they could be so drastically different.

That's what I was thinking. Must be a few different batches or something.

Our replacement has worked fine. Only thing of note is it measures about 5% more humidity than our old unit which is easy to compensate for.

#111 3 months ago

Well on my 8th try someone actually answered the phone, now they want me to cut the cord on the new one send them a picture and they will send another POS...

#112 3 months ago

Well on my 8th try someone actually answered the phone, now they want me to cut the cord on the new one send them a picture and they will send another POS...

Bummer. If you're luck, you might get it by the end of summer.

#113 3 months ago

Well, unplugged this POS last night after getting electric bill that was $50 higher....Runs basically non-stop (stops for 15sec then starts back up)....Called recall number, they hung up on me. Sat on hold with Frigidaire for 45min, claim submitted for replacement, no questions asked (Hmm, are others having the same problem?)...Let's see how this goes..

I went with the check to avoid this issue. It arrived last week.

I haven't got my electric bill for the new model I went with. Crossing fingers.

#114 3 months ago

Shipping notification received today for my 70pt replacement. 37 days after I submitted the form. Not bad.

#115 3 months ago

I have probably purchased 5-6 dehumidifiers in the last ten years; probably 8 in the last 20 years. They seem to work for a year or two and then they go to shit for some reason. I have purchased all different brands - common link is China manufacturing. I've also checked expensive brands/models as well and they too are built in China and seem to be overpriced for what they do. There is such a need for someone to build and sell a high-efficiency, reliable and decently priced dehumidifier in this country.

I have two that fell into this recall and am waiting for replacement units.

Rant on. I'm going to install some kind of LED function on my new one to show when the compressor is running. Drives me nuts that not a SINGLE model anywhere has that simple feature. AC to DC converter, out to a single red LED 12v installed in line with the AC line to the compressor should do it! Rant off.

#116 3 months ago

My replacement 70 pint arrived yesterday. I've been running it without my drain pump just so I could use the bucket to get a sense of how effective it is at pulling water out of the air.

So far, pretty good. Certainly works well and is quieter than the old dirty model it replaced. I have yet to determine the accuracy of the humidity sensor, as that will probably take a few days of use.

I wonder how long it will be before they recall this one, too...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockford, MI
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 859.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
$ 24.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 299.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
There are 116 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.