tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 2 years ago

Keep in mind Deez is an operator and some companies do not warranty anything for games on route. If that was a factor in turning down @fatdirk ‘s request (fatdirk is auto corrected as fat dork), JJP should have stated it so that probably wasn’t applicable. The bad clear he didn’t call in should have been addressed with solution in warranty. JJP’s current warranty is a joke, literally. It needs to be greatly expanded in favor of the customer.

Entire game should have a one year bumper-to-bumper warranty and two years on electronics. Further, playfield defects need to be defined and categorized and options for remediation clearly spelled out. That would be a shining example of standing behind your product, and it is the right thing to do, JJP. So now, I will give you a cargument

I leased a new Hyundai and after 30 months I purchased it. It is a Sante Fe and has the turbo- engine, leather seats, 360 degree sight thru windows and it comes with a 10 year bumper-to-bumper or 100k miles warranty. It was perfect for me as I used to drive 10k miles a year. The warranty spells out transmission and electronic issues in great detail and states very few specific exclusions. The warranty was my deciding factor in leasing the vehicle.

When I purchased the car after 30 months, the warranty transferred without hassle. It was spelled out in the lease, whereby the transfer of warranty is encouraged. At month 48 from start of lease, my engine blew and it was really bad. I took it to Hyundai service where they approved my vehicle for a new engine and included all labor and supplemental parts. They also rented me another Hyundai to use until fixed. I didn’t ask them to do anything before it was all set up with no hassle to me. Given that a JJP CE almost costs as much as Hyundai’s low end car note EVEN IT comes with a ten year bumper-to-bumper/100k, transferable warranty.

I think JJP needs to rethink and expand their warranty to become an industry leader and to show they stand behind their products and that they really care about customers. If they defined use as # months and or # lifetime plays. They could encourage operators to participate in the warranty. Pinball is a coin-operated device that is supposed to be played on location.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

They would go after the dealer though and not JJP... your beef would be with whoever sold you the game.

What if you bought nib from an original buyer on Pinside Market, and who may have bought it from an unlicensed JJP dealer???

#586 2 years ago

I can categorize four issues people are having with JJP. First, JJP playfields are having pooling, chipping and defective clearcoat issues on many games and these remain unresolved at present. Second, JJP doesn’t recognize any of these as being problems, so if there is no problem, there is nothing to be fixed. Third, the warranty on JJP games is worse than piss-poor and it doesn’t protect customers, define issues nor remedies. Fourth, many customers are pissed at the lack of JJP’s attention to fix the aforementioned problems, and JJP has decided not to offer any mitigation.

If JJP switched playfield vendors and had their playfields screened instead of digitally printed, many believe this would solve their current problems. So why not switch as there is nothing to lose and everything to gain?

I’d bet if they switched vendors and that was the only change JJP made to fix the four issues outlined above, people would flock back to the games. In other words, I don’t think that many people would hold grudges and avoid buying JJP products in the future. Some will be lost for good, because you can’t unpiss people off, but 95% of customers would be fine with JJP building quality games again. So we must wait for JJP to blink first. I hope they address and resolve all issues.

1 week later
#916 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

What Playfield issues? Hey look over here at the Shiny New Steve
[quoted image]

^*

Over 200 years of combined, pinball experience. It would have been 300 years, but Lloyd was busy playing pinball.

#920 2 years ago

I don’t think Steve Ritchie joined JJP to be a pinball designer, or it would have been announced as such. Something like ...SR has joined JJP as a new designer, would have been a normal way to mention this. Absent that, my guess he is joining JJP as a favor to Jack. Steve Ritchie can help Pat to provide design support and add oversight for a few years. I could be totally wrong, guess we’ll learn soon.

What we wanted is to hear was that JJP hired a playfield manufacturing fixer. Someone that will find and fix the playfield defects at all cost and a top priority. Someone with quick reflexes but deliberate moves. Someone you can count on to kill and bury the problem for good. Someone that will keep his mouth shut and tow the company line afterwards. JJP please acknowledge and fix the playfield problems, we don’t need to know how, just do it.

#1031 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie joining JJP is an odd sounding choice but it may make some sense once we hear his position. Steve will need to rebrand himself to fit in, but won’t relinquish his title of King. Lord Lawlor better watch his back.

CCD28437-53D3-4B74-9983-541D1068305C.jpegCCD28437-53D3-4B74-9983-541D1068305C.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.