tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500[1] (resized).png
Screenshot_20211230-094812_Twitter (resized).jpg
D2BCF8D8-BD81-4EDF-8D79-F6EE153DC37D (resized).jpeg
a6549840df2ef6cae69fb72be8dd20ddb2bd53b922d0132de2f6ef93cb635d62_1.jpg
WesternLaugh.gif
BAAC4311-2103-40CA-AC5A-E825E64B7217 (resized).png
430E1A71-002B-4CFF-8BF4-D6669E87261B (resized).png
ECA61122-E6C8-48AC-95C2-45700A280B56 (resized).jpeg
7258xSVeJbKkzXhyseBP4PYz11eBDT8sW2oR1a4vfVFS6Hp8R8AQ9q68E2jZDR7NyMiim42iuDXwbrerFqcY59t3r5aL2CJz5v6Pu3S1JMAM92gNrQZ5Q9uUxiMWRFRS
b8e4562a6ef0c4e7a71854d9de9300c481cc8459 (resized).png
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is your case going with the notorious deception known as JJP, fattdirk? As well as your case Kkoss24? Nice lame duck move on JJPs part. We are all discussing their terrible quality products, their radio silence, lack of warranty, poor manufacturing, and lame IPs, so they recruit a (washed up) well known designer to get us discussing SR instead of being focused on the crap JJP puts out as $10K+ products. Nice smoke and mirrors JJP! Got to hand it to you JJP, you’re tops at least at deception. Still hoping they fix all your problems for the 2 of you and many others!

I got the “kit” .Sling rubbers both snapped the last time we played .Titans came in now just have to find a few hrs to get all of this done. Actually may as well do a quick wax when everything is off .Be up and running soon the kids are on me now that they saw parts .Best to all .

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is your case going with the notorious deception known as JJP, fattdirk? As well as your case Kkoss24? Nice lame duck move on JJPs part. We are all discussing their terrible quality products, their radio silence, lack of warranty, poor manufacturing, and lame IPs, so they recruit a (washed up) well known designer to get us discussing SR instead of being focused on the crap JJP puts out as $10K+ products. Nice smoke and mirrors JJP! Got to hand it to you JJP, you’re tops at least at deception. Still hoping they fix all your problems for the 2 of you and many others!

Do you own a JJP pinball. Just a simple question. Yes or No?

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually they are pretty decent Chinese power supplies with loud fans that can be changed out for around $100+.
amazon.com link »
And yes, no one ever said transformers are not reliable. If they did, they were wrong.

If you wanna shop Amazon, sure. They are cheap as chips on Alibaba or strait out of China.

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Track #3 on the JJP Fanboy's greatest hits. Followed by "Maybe you can't afford it" and "Build Quality"

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He had made a recent claim that implied that he did, but when I asked which ones, he didn't reply.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

He had made a recent claim that implied that he did, but when I asked which ones, he didn't reply.

I think Jimmy is a general pinball hater , he's probably actually an air hockey guy .
Hate on jjp if you want , but why would you disrespect Steve Ritchie so much , a legend in the Pinball industry , the first person to put an upper Playfield on a game and give a pinball machine a story , just to mention a couple of his Innovations .

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think Jimmy is a general pinball hater , he's probably actually an air hockey guy .
Hate on jjp if you want , but why would you disrespect Steve Ritchie so much , a legend in the Pinball industry , the first person to put an upper Playfield on a game and give a pinball machine a story , just to mention a couple of his Innovations .

I don't believe anyone is above criticism but a lot of the stuff we're seeing is unfair to SR. You're absolutely right about him being a legend and innovator in pinball. That can never be taken away. Some of his last few games have been lacking, thats for sure, but we don't know if thats because if Steve lost a step in his old age or if it was simply Stern tying him down. I would bet money its the latter. We all know steve can build good games that are absolutely packed. Look no further than STNG. Between getting hamstrung on budgets for games he probably did want to make, to being forced to make games he didn't want to make, it lends a lot of creedance to why he might be ready to try something new.

Even with JJP's flaws, I don't see Steve's presence there being anything other than a good thing. I personally would love to see a 3rd getaway too btw

#1008 2 years ago

I honestly think JJP is trying to do more in customer service. I received a very nice email from Barry this week and he even went back on a item and took care of that, which earlier they were not.

Maybe all the real world complaining and issues have forced JJP to allow Barry to help out more, kudos to JJP and Barry for stepping it up for me and my machine. THANK You Barry!

How does one know if the playfields are still an issue unless they fail?

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you wanna shop Amazon, sure. They are cheap as chips on Alibaba or strait out of China.

When something breaks I generally shop somewhere that ships in less than a month.

Edit: still not $40 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000410077476.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1276691bUlJQhU&algo_pvid=b083391e-24f8-44fd-9c76-93cac9b6a999&algo_exp_id=b083391e-24f8-44fd-9c76-93cac9b6a999-0

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Isn’t that funny.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I honestly think JJP is trying to do more in customer service. I received a very nice email from Barry this week and he even went back on a item and took care of that, which earlier they were not.
Maybe all the real world complaining and issues have forced JJP to allow Barry to help out more, kudos to JJP and Barry for stepping it up for me and my machine. THANK You Barry!

It could be, but...one question. Was your issue about playfield clear cracks/peels? Or something unrelated?

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

If this thread has made jjp rethink their decisions , then it's all been worth it .
I'm glad they are helping you out , and hopefully they have changed their attitude .
Besides the chipping and pooling on the playfields .
GNR has very little issues , and this is one of the best games ever made .
Such a pitty the Playfield issues put a shadow over such a great game .

#1013 2 years ago

Yeah I’m ready to move past this .I vented ,now I just want to get things together and slap this pin like it owes me money

#1014 2 years ago

Back to the owners thread

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I personally would love to see a 3rd getaway

Yep.

Quoted from screaminr:

GNR has very little issues , and this is one of the best games ever made .

Nope

#1016 2 years ago

Wouldn't hold my breath for a 3rd Getaway after the lukewarm reception of DI and BK3. I think both JJP and Steve learned their lesson about straying from the current pinball maxim: licensed theme.

(Yeah I know BK is technically a license but you know what I mean.)

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wouldn't hold my breath for a 3rd Getaway after the lukewarm reception of DI and BK3. I think both JJP and Steve learned their lesson about straying from the current pinball maxim: licensed theme.

I don't know if Steve learned his lesson but surely the industry did, along with the tepid reception for JJP's best game, Dialed In.. As much as a small group of fans would love to see HS3 it's never going to happen.

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Specifically, what did Barry help you with?

#1019 2 years ago

While I agree Dialed In's name/theme probably hurt it more than it helped it. BK3 was a known entity that many people loved. It didn't 'not' sell because it wasn't a AAA license. It didn't sell because it didn't look that fun.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It didn't sell because it didn't look that fun.

Doesn't matter. If that game was BTTF or Harry Potter or whatever, massive hit.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Doesn't matter. If that game was BTTF or Harry Potter or whatever, massive hit.

Yeah, can definitely see that being the case. I'm just pointing out that BK had a history and well known in the pinball community. The theme alone wouldn't have stopped people from buying it. I'm not sure I think non-pin people are the make or break for each game.

#1022 2 years ago

Even "pin people" are theme junkies. My best collector friend buys every single Marvel, Star Wars, movie, TV show pin. He did not for a second consider buying Iron Maiden, BK3, GnR, or LZ. It doesn't matter that by most accounts Maiden crushes Munsters, he wanted a Munsters game. Theme matters. A lot. If there is a BTTF or Harry Potter game, he will order it, before any reveal. "Looks fun" is irrelevant.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know if Steve learned his lesson but surely the industry did, along with the tepid reception for JJP's best game, Dialed In.. As much as a small group of fans would love to see HS3 it's never going to happen.

I just want car themes. Could be a licensed car brand, car movie, racing, or whatever. Pinball is like cars so makes perfect sense!

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just want car themes. Could be a licensed car brand, car movie, racing, or whatever. Pinball is like cars so makes perfect sense!

You should run that idea by DR.

Retro Atomic Edsel Adventure.

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Hot Wheels!

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Specifically, what did Barry help you with?

Both Barry and Ken have been awesome to work with for me. I am fortunate not to have any playfield issues (although I did install PETG washers). That said, I have had a control board, a spotlight bracket and one of my hotrails all go out. They had the replacements sent to me the next day. Ken has also fielded a few calls from me on how to make certain adjustments.

Whether you have playfield issues or not, you cannot knock how good these guys are!

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh I think both of you guys are absolutely right, I have very low hopes for an actual getaway 3, I'm just saying I'd like one. Maybe we'll get a spiritual successor at least, fast and furious or something? Hell I'm weird and I'd like No fear 2 or even less fear however you put it Levi

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Dialed In's name/theme probably hurt it more than it helped it.

100%++++++++++

#1029 2 years ago

This is great to hear. I wish I had the same experience however I did not have Barry or Ken on my case. Did you call or contact them directly?

Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Both Barry and Ken have been awesome to work with for me. I am fortunate not to have any playfield issues (although I did install PETG washers). That said, I have had a control board, a spotlight bracket and one of my hotrails all go out. They had the replacements sent to me the next day. Ken has also fielded a few calls from me on how to make certain adjustments.
Whether you have playfield issues or not, you cannot knock how good these guys are!

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Oh I think both of you guys are absolutely right, I have very low hopes for an actual getaway 3, I'm just saying I'd like one. Maybe we'll get a spiritual successor at least, fast and furious or something? Hell I'm weird and I'd like No fear 2 or even less fear however you put it Levi

It's actually surprising there hasn't been a F&F pin.

#1031 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie joining JJP is an odd sounding choice but it may make some sense once we hear his position. Steve will need to rebrand himself to fit in, but won’t relinquish his title of King. Lord Lawlor better watch his back.

CCD28437-53D3-4B74-9983-541D1068305C.jpegCCD28437-53D3-4B74-9983-541D1068305C.jpeg

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Couldn't Fear Less is for the ultimate of not fearing

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

between getting hamstrung on budgets for games he probably did want to make, to being forced to make games he didn't want to make,

I don't know about budgets - does a pinside angel get its wings whenever someone types "BOM?" - but suggesting he was having licenses he didn't want "forced upon him" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Steve Ritchie.

Star Wars, Black KNight, and Zep? I can assure you these were games he wanted to make, badly. Stuff like WPT and CSI is ancient history.

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know about budgets - does a pinside angel get its wings whenever someone types "BOM?" - but suggesting he was having licenses he didn't want "forced upon him" shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Steve Ritchie.
Star Wars, Black KNight, and Zep? I can assure you these were games he wanted to make, badly. Stuff like WPT and CSI is ancient history.

I was surprised when the article mentioned Elvis as one he wasn't really interested in because I thought I had read / listened to past interviews where he was really excited about doing that one.

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was surprised when the article mentioned Elvis as one he wasn't really interested in because I thought I had read / listened to past interviews where he was really excited about doing that one.

I had heard he was excited about the royalty payments as that game apparently sold very well. Not sure if he was seriously fired up about the theme though.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They didn't sell the DI (killer app) theme correctly.

I still think an unlicensed theme could/would sell well as long as the theme is good and the game is good. I think a terraforming Mars game would sell very well if it played well.

The risk is if it doesn't play well. A licensed game that isn't designed so well will still sell.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I still think an unlicensed theme could/would sell well as long as the theme is good and the game is good. I think a terraforming Mars game would sell very well if it played well.
The risk is if it doesn't play well. A licensed game that isn't designed so well will still sell.

I agree, but the point they are making is that when you can sellout a game based on license alone sight unseen...where is the incentive to take the chance to do something original where people 'wait and see'. Same thing the movie industry does. Blame that on the hobbyists.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Lots of good comments from multiple perspectives - but WAY too many personal attacks
Here's my summary many can relate to:
JJP = BMW (1990's) Stylish - Unique - Hi Performance and some models should come with their own personal Repair Tech. Many of those griping will still buy new machines even when they say otherwise - especially those with fat $wallets - there's a bit of ego, social status and FOMO involved here
Stern = Toyota/Honda - Significant reuse of design elements and common parts - they have learned over time how to manage supplier quality and customer expectations - also have advantage of much greater volumes and can do things others can't - good solid models with occasional stars
Spooky = Hyundai/Kia - the late comer with a value proposition making an earnest effort - have some good models and dedicated customers - but many just don't like the 'feel' and theme of the odd-ball models
Bally/Williams = Ford/Chevy - the classics with hits and misses, but you know exactly what you are getting and just feels like coming home after a long trip
That's largely who we/they are.....

Seems pretty darn accurate to me. I remember as a kid in the 70's, I used to think Williams were the Cadillac's, Bally was the Chevy's, and Gottlieb was the Mopars/Dodge/Plymouth's.

#1039 2 years ago

This dumb argument will keep going on until people wise up and stop preordering games sight unseen for small fortunes

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sounds like we need a Total Recall themed pin. I would play the shit outta that, and I don't like licensed themes most of the time.

#1040 2 years ago

I’m not sure what this thread is even about anymore - enjoy folks

#1041 2 years ago

They should just re-theme DI to any available licensed theme and re-release - together with a better Sim hole design.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While I agree Dialed In's name/theme probably hurt it more than it helped it.

You aren’t wrong, and that’s the sad indictment of current pinball collecting. It’s a great game, but people don’t want it because it doesn’t have celebrities or blockbusters on it. Though if I’m being honest, I’m mostly happy about it because I was able to get one at a fair price because theme whores overlook it.

#1043 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They should just re-theme DI to any available licensed theme and re-release - together with a better Sim hole design.

The SIM card shot really isn’t bad if you take the cliffy off and enjoy the machine as a toy and not a pristine collectors item.

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You aren’t wrong, and that’s the sad indictment of current pinball collecting. It’s a great game, but people don’t want it because it doesn’t have celebrities or blockbusters on it. Though if I’m being honest, I’m mostly happy about it because I was able to get one at a fair price because theme whores overlook it.

For a game that 'no one likes' it has held its value well. I've played it a few times and want one.

#1045 2 years ago

nope on both.

Quoted from porkcarrot:

The SIM card shot really isn’t bad if you take the cliffy off and enjoy the machine as a toy and not a pristine collectors item.

Actually it is, and I have never had a Cliffy on it.
The sim card shot is terrible, it is what it is. Removing a post rubber, or post may help it. Flipper power change not really.
As I always say; Post a pic of of your "sim card shots per game" audits from you game and lets see what it is. Remember, you gotta nail 8, maybe 9 that are lit for wizard....but let's just see an average game of yours.

Quoted from Zablon:

For a game that 'no one likes' it has held its value well. I've played it a few times and want one.

Huh? It's dropped in value more than any game I own. $8K Standard NIB.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

True - was about to do that on mine but someonre offered me a good price for it so never got around to it.

The theme is a neutral for me, but I think thats the problem - I really didnt care what I was doing in the game. It's the perfect example of an emotionless game. On a pure pinball level it's extremely good. If they just mixed that with a "plot" that anyone cares about it would be a masterpiece.

Even the art was emotionless. Nothing at all wrong with it, just a big meh.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought it was ok, definitely would like more time on it in a quieter environment, but theme kills it for me.

#1048 2 years ago

So Jack mentions on the Pinball Magazine pinball podcast and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage." This hobby is so entertaining and laughable. Once again, no accountability and now customers have to purchase another playfield for $500.00 if they want to replace that quality controlled Mirco playfield.

Enjoy that playfield swap.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

and I quote "customers possibly may have done something to the playfield to cause damage."

That's pretty fucked

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

It’s a great game, but people don’t want it because it doesn’t have celebrities or blockbusters on it.

Wrong.

Its because of the kiddie style approach they took, the "bob the builder" and his strange looking female denim overall counterpart. The tween girl style cell phone and more. rules and shots are all good but............. If they had made it a little more intense like that video game "watchdogs" it would have fared much better. This is JJP's main problem. Theme choice. Ok some pooling and chipping I get it but if they released their own Terminator game or Predator, Road Warrior, Robocop even a great OG theme those issues would not prevent me from buying a JJP NIB pin, but whats on the horizon? Toy Story. What a joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,518 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.