Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 8.12.44 AM (resized).png
IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MiniPinHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 1 year ago

I asked Jeff if I could review the art of a playfield overlay. He sent me a watermarked file and when able to see the details up close they looked good. The project wasn't meant to be, but he seemed responsive and nice when inquiring. Like most of you, he seems very busy, too

#132 1 year ago

Just helpful advice if anyone has an issue with a sale on eBay: if you have a legitimate case that a good received was not as described, you can claim that option in your return/refund request and eBay 100% backs you for your full amount purchased. Seller can't do anything about it, unless they prove you're scamming them. Just snap a picture for your initial return/refund request and you're covered 100% of the time. If you need to ship anything, ship the used product whenever possible, or else you might have to negotiate a partial refund. eBay will get you your money back, even if someone drags their feet.

It would be really annoying to find out that a previewed product is not what was actually sent, but I wouldn't sand anything until I made sure I was happy with what I was going to install.

In Classic Arcade's case, there must be some issue with the source of the original files he's receiving if things are missing.

6 months later
#142 5 months ago

Jeff is responsive to making corrections… when he’s responsive

#163 5 months ago

Just placed an order with Jeff

It’s even a custom job!

Will report back either way

This feels like the Mirco thread…

#167 5 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You should order from mad pinball too and start defending Mike Ducker!

Ironically, ordered my JP Pre from Mad Pinball (https://www.madpinball.com/), but am confident you’re referring to something different, because Mad Pinball is Jeff and Brad, who are mad chill and go way out of their way for their customers

#173 5 months ago

Ordered the WPC back box caution label as a decal from Jeff. Custom made with just yellow text on clear, so it’d “color-match” the blue WH2O back box. Very well packaged. Turned around in a day and only took another day to be delivered. Will be leaving positive eBay feedback.

Sure, a stencil would be nice, but this is the next best thing

IMG_3328 (resized).jpegIMG_3328 (resized).jpegIMG_3331 (resized).jpegIMG_3331 (resized).jpegIMG_3332 (resized).jpegIMG_3332 (resized).jpegIMG_3333 (resized).jpegIMG_3333 (resized).jpeg
#176 5 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Ah…the young and naive in the hobby...

This is true, haha. Hence the lack of silk screening

Quoted from Haymaker:

...Have you put in an order with Mike Ducker yet?

Why do you have a fixation for this guy?

Just pointing out the obvious fact that the positive feedback for "ClassicArcades" on eBay comes from people with positive experiences...

#178 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I wonder what his rates are for defending some of the more questionable vendors in this hobby, he goes to bat for Micro as well.

Haha, good customer service, fast shipping, and normal pricing. Also, no questions asked

#185 5 months ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Thinking about buying Fish Tales playfield decals and I don't see any other alternative, how likely are those to be no good?

Just get them through eBay. If they’re no good, you can return them at no cost to you, guaranteed by eBay. Not sure why people have an issue, as eBay is risk free to the buyer… even after you leave positive feedback.

Doubled down with ClassicArcades, as Jeff was willing to make another clear decal for the back of the WPC cabinet. Again, will report back.

#188 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’ve placed many orders with Jeff. One product wasn’t correct. He fixed the issue and resent product.
I’ve never had issues w him.

Exactly what you should expect

Forgot to mention this one, but had inquired several months ago about one of his playfield overlays. Gave me access to his high definition files to check it out (Atlantis (Bally)). It was flawless from what I could see.

If you needed a playfield overlay, and didn’t want to go hardtop, there’s potential there.

Not an expert though, just young and naive…

#195 5 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Because thats a dick move on ebay, so generally people don't do that, especially when they are unaware of the shenanigans Jeff tends to pull. General etiquette is that you contact the seller first (ebay will prompt you to do this as well) and then the seller will work to make it right. Except Jeff will just string you along until its too late. Again, there is MULTIPLE instances of this happening if you look around.

eBay has 100% buyer protection. If you aren't happy with a product through eBay and you don't get your money back, then you didn't read your own eBay buyer dashboard. No seller on eBay has any power over a buyer, unless you don't understand the policy and don't pay attention to your options. eBay does make you wait several days before you can get your funds back, though, but you always have the option to say you're done with a seller and to not get strung along.

Also, ClassicArcades has a 30 day return policy where he covers the return cost. eBay will back you if you take advantage of this route to get your funds back and you have to send back a 'used' product that wasn't useable or accurate.

Don't get me wrong, getting a bad or inaccurate product is a huge hassle regardless of eBay's buyer-friendly policies or a seller's return policy.

Quoted from Haymaker:

I think everyone agrees some products are acceptable to good quality...

Sure, with that many products, odds are there are many inaccuracies and many opportunities for improvement. Best to reach out and suggest the correction or ask for more photos, details, etc. Based on the negative vibes, I'll wager Jeff could do this more gracefully, but in my experience he's been easy to work with and professional. Each item being sold has individual feedback left regarding it. If there are neutrals or negatives there, then think twice.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Outside edge is known for their quality reproductions AND fixing issues on the rare occasion they pop up. 100% great company who needs to be applauded. Exactly the opposite of Classic Arcades and Mirco.

You forgot Mad Amusements

#197 5 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

As an ebay seller myself, this novel you wrote makes the best case for you being a scumbag yourself so far. Like I said, even ebay urges you to resolve your issue with the seller before going through them so no need to write 50 pages about how you don't understand how ebay works. Yes, please find your way to the mad amusements thread, Mike is in need of a white knight to save him from all the meanies who don't appreciate a guy who rips off the community.

500+ rating on eBay myself, 100% feedback, buying AND selling

100% buyer protection and eBay means it. Don’t mess around.

Seems more and more that logically showing how ClassicArcades can be safely purchased from just rubs some people the wrong way.

eBay buyer protection and seller-paid-for returns… can’t beat it, except for 100% feedback

#200 5 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I have 12K+ postive feedbacks on eBay over 23 years. Some items I list are "non-returnable". Why? Idiot buyers who don't read the descriptions. In all that time I can count the number of returns on one hand.
I've been dealing with Jeff since RGP days 20 years ago and I have about a 25% satisfaction rate. It used to kill me when I would inquire about something and having bought before, he'd immediately send a PayPal invoice for payment. Buying from Jeff is my last resort and always will be.

What are your products, generally? Genuinely curious

Not denying any poor products or bad experiences from CA, but eBay does a great job with unfortunate circumstances

#208 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ah the younger to our hobby simply think they are immune, you dance with the Devil.. sooner or later the bill comes due.
You want to roll the dice with the vendor going in knowing you might get burned that is fine.. to sing their praises…Until they feel the financial sting, nothing will change.

Financial sting… due to competition, as XYZ vendor is better than ABC vendor, because [insert your positive/negative experience/opinion].

Not the “you must boycott ABC vendor because we say so…” peer pressure garbage being peddled.

Frankly, I’m thankful for any vendor with available pinball products, including CA.

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, you guys really need to start a thread about Planetary Pinball and licensing, if you’re serious about causing change. Competition breeds better products and lower prices. When there is only one option on the market, not too many people are willing to hold out indefinitely when they are looking for an available product.

Tons of buyers out there aren’t even tuned in…

Until there’s competition, nothing will change.

#210 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You are part of the problem supporting & advocating for known sketchy vendors…

Multiple vendors > ”sketchy vendors” > no vendors

If you wanted to sell decals and create some competition and options that’d be great. Can you do that?

#215 5 months ago

Well bring on the competition

Quoted from gdonovan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-deals-2023/page/3#post-7883671
Bad timing on your part shill, I actually do provide a service to pinheads.[quoted image]

Hey, I’m serious regarding being supportive of competition being spurred on. Do you do requests or custom work? It’s just simple yellow text on 4” x 2” clear vinyl that I’m after.

If you’re serious, just let me know

Quoted from Wharhed:

I bought a set of cabinet decals that he had claimed in the ad to be made from the Nextgen process. I've purchased several Nextgen decals for different games over the years and have an idea of what they should look like. When I received them, I unrolled them and found they were clearly not Nextgen, but rather some matt and fuzzy looking large format printed art, so I requested a refund. He agreed to refund me, but then once the decals were received on his end, he tried to short change me saying I damaged the decals.
Good thing I took pictures and video of me opening and unrolling the decals. The so-called damage was actually in the pictures as I unrolled it. Needless to say, eBay sided with me and I got the full refund. I'm sure there's lots of stories like this, but when you do a return and it is settled, the feedback options are pushed down to the returns / cancelled order list and I'm sure a lot of people miss that (At the time, I did).

That is the worst type of seller behavior, agreed.

#218 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I don't do work for people whom defend sketchy vendors.

Wow! Can’t say I’m surprised, though. Honestly makes me wonder if you make those decals or just resell them?

Exactly why I appreciate and am thankful for the custom work Jeff does He doesn’t belittle buyers

#223 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

At this rate, he's gonna have half of Pinside blocked. And the other half will either have HIM blocked or just ignored.

No blocks here, that’s for wusses

#225 5 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Honestly, you can go ahead and re-block me. It's been quite entertaining seeing everyone else reply to something I can't see. (And since you're the only one that has EVER blocked me, I knew who it was. )

Sorry, can’t do, ran out of blocks and needed your’s But really, just realized how silly that behavior was. Apologies. Oh, here’s another, it doesn’t make sense to block my followers, even if their love language is downvoting, haha

Spoke with an expert stencil-maker and they said it wouldn’t make sense to do a stencil of the WPC back box caution label, and that it would need to be a screen-printed job, like at the factory. Seems that a vinyl label makes the most sense.

#227 5 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

I bet it would make sense if the expert stencil maker left it up to the end user to pick out every single letter from the mask.

Haha, yeah, they’d deserve that for even thinking the stencil would work in the first place (guilty as charged)

There are too many letters where cut-outs would mean you’d have to touch up with back box-matching paint (e.g., O, A, P, Q, R, etc.).

Screening would be the only way and have only seen that as an expensive and messy proposition. It’s very nice when done well, though

#231 5 months ago

ClassicArcades decal didn’t work out.

Realized that the back of my back box had to be perfectly smooth, which it was not, in order for the clear decal to work and become invisible (was maybe 10% away from that happening). Tossed the decal, redid the back box back (still not perfectly smooth), and don’t blame the seller in the least bit (no eBay refund). Just reporting in.

If you have a perfectly smooth surface, the clear decal would look great.

Screening appears to be the only option, so n my case. Expensive learning experience, but a good experience nonetheless

#234 5 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I’ve used a black background one from eBay (via Europe) before, still needs to be smooth and worked well for me. I have tried the screen printing before as I had access to a pre made screen and will not do that again, just not for me.

Solid advice, thank you

Quoted from meSz:

Not surprised to read this as when I looked at the decal in your picture it's a lucid vinyl decal with the lettering on it. I assume it resulted in a lot of air bubbles due to, and to your point, the cabinet is not a smooth surface.
JJP used black decals on their Hobbit machines. It didn't look bad as the black was pretty close to the same black paint the cabinet was painted with. However, it was a cheap decal and after time fell off the game.

Was careful and slow, and only had one noticeable air bubble to smooth out. The rest were more like tiny veins in the polyurethane surface I sprayed on. If you pressed down they’d mostly go away, but showed that the surface wasn’t like a glass surface. The clear just is not a good idea on a restored back box. Am still convinced it would work if the surface was 100% smooth, as in a brand new back box. Might as well get that screened if you’re going all out, though

Just to play devil’s advocate, if the decal was prepped in a way that there was a different adhesive on the back, it’s possible you could develop something where the tiniest of layers in a surface would get filled and it doesn’t have to be glass.

But again, probably could have done a better job at attempting if I had realized the issue and figured out how to make the back surface like glass.

Interesting point about JJP!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MiniPinHead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-ebay-seller-classicarcades?tu=MiniPinHead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.