6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by btw75
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Thanks again to Bryan Kelly, jathomp22, and my friend James Ahlschwede for making this video possible. Hope this explains the process of screening a WPC backbox. The process is nearly identical for the smaller patent screen except there is no need for a cleat since the screen can rest again the rails.

PM for interest in buying a set of screens.

Link to original thread with pictures http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens

#2 6 years ago

Nice job guys on the video! Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Gotta get me a shop like that someday. Very nice!

#3 6 years ago

know anyone that can make a set of oversized cabinet screens?

#4 6 years ago

Great Video. Thanks for putting it together and great editing job. Makes buying the screen more worthwhile right from the start!

I'd pay good money for a series of video's with BK doing different resto steps.

#5 6 years ago

Great video, cant wait to get mine and give it a try. Do you know if he picks up his ink from a local print shop?

#6 6 years ago

nice job on the video. thanks for taking the time and offering it and the screens up

#7 6 years ago

The screen looked so nice that it FORCED me to order Funhouse decals.....
    Does anybody need a video of Bryan installing my decals?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

Great video, cant wait to get mine and give it a try. Do you know if he picks up his ink from a local print shop?

Online is your best bet if you're looking for Nazdar ink. When I was looking for ink none of the print shops in Minneapolis carried the one we needed.

#9 6 years ago

Very helpful. I would like to see a video of Bryan Kelly mowing my lawn and restoring my pins. I bet I could learn a lot. Not sure if I could afford the beer.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How many colors and how detailed is the art you want done? The biggest hurdle would be price, unless you are doing many of the same game it would be much cheaper to use one time use stencils.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Screened cabinets are screened, when they are still one piece of plywood .

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

How many colors and how detailed is the art you want done? The biggest hurdle would be price, unless you are doing many of the same game it would be much cheaper to use one time use stencils.

stencils can't be done, it was a screened cabinet. Only 2 colors and 1 color for the coin door. Reverse image. so If I get screens that I can just flip and use both sides, i'll only need 5 screens. Plus i'll be doing about 5 machines or more, so a set of screens will be worth the money.

4 weeks later
    #13 6 years ago

thanks much to matt, bryan and james for putting together the video. very informative and well done

#14 6 years ago

Nice video. If you have more than one backbox to do, can you do them immediately one right after another or does the ink transfer to the other side and you need to clean off the screen inbetween backboxes?

Scott

#15 6 years ago

You do not have to clean the screen, but I would recommend "flooding" the screen with ink again before you do the second backbox. The ink actually transfers when you do the flooding but the purpose of the spacers is to keep it away from the backbox until you run the squeegee over it.

Quoted from toyboy6:

Nice video. If you have more than one backbox to do, can you do them immediately one right after another or does the ink transfer to the other side and you need to clean off the screen inbetween backboxes?
    Scott

2 months later
    #16 5 years ago

Does anyone know what thread count is used on the silk for these screens?

#17 5 years ago

Someone quick get a kickstarter together to get a feature length restore video done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside