(Topic ID: 328133)

Pinside, community build in the spirit of the original Norris 3 spinner design.

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4e3afcf779d9a7ef3bba8451dc5e4dfc--waves-funny-friendship (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    3spinners.gif
    your-fired-trump-meme (resized).jpg
    321306880_5325447310893816_8383416183673696242_n.jpg
    3XCP.gif
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-103746 (resized).png
    20221226_112002 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AA37C45F-A8A3-4190-BA2C-7CE89BF298A1 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221225-213055 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 12.53.51 PM (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'd do it for zero dollars if someone provided the wood and shipping.

Sure, I'll cover both if you could pick up the wood locally. Happy to send you money in advance if you give me a number.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from dscapo:

AviRoo In the spirit of Christmas, I just sent Mr68 a little something to help facilitate your cnc’d whitewood. Don’t be afraid to ask the community for advice or help when you need it. Most people here would be thrilled to see you succeed with this design. Maybe keep the furry stuff to a minimum. Or not.

I got your Venmo and thank you for participating.

I'm coming at ya next, Ben Heck. What you're doing for Avi is outstanding.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Alerting Robert Mueller now.

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I'll let you guys pick before i respond back to Jon Norris. Essentially what he said in his reply to me is that he gives me permission to use his 3 spinner design if i choose to. but that Treybo is also creating a interpretation of it. I do not know the details on that but he's given me two options.
    Option one is he'll send me the files to the 3 spinner design that we're going with now. And things will just continue on as they are..
    Option two is, He'll send me a different design to use. that way you'll have a new one that hasn't been seen yet. you'll have the one John is making. and the one Treybo is messing around with.
    The catch is I'm still only allowed to produce 1 playfield with either option i choose because Jon Norris is trying sell the design to a company. which i'm totally fine he put the work into designing them. it's only fair.

The more I learn about Jon Norris, the more I admire him. That's a stud move by Jon and I'm hoping any Pinside noise we can generate will get him noticed.

A new design goes hand in hand with a fresh start but I really like the three spinner design already. And you already know what you've got and you don't know what your going to get. I guess the tie breaker for me would be to go with the unknown game.

But with the unknown game I'm using the same stupid logic that has me salivating over the Elwin 007 mystery game from Stern. I haven't seen it, know nothing at all about it, but I want to buy it.

Ridiculous. I'm an impulsive moron so do the opposite of me.

#161 1 year ago

Coach TreyBo69, Coach Ben Heck, Coach Jon Norris and a few others in the club house, is a generous and brilliant team.

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I can’t believe all this transpired over Christmas….. where are all the families?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #205 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Avi - I 100% commend you on your mature decision. Your post is spot on.
    What I would recommend is getting an old POS EM or SS pin for $500 - I’m sure John or the operator come across them - and get that all working properly, and maybe retheme it.
    It’s still a *shitload* of work - but it would be less than 1/4 of trying to program a computer and making video and sound assets to any sort of decent level.
    Check out this build I did a few years ago. I took a $300 Bally Freedom and turned it into something pretty cool. It was a shitload of work!! But we play it almost every day, and every time people think it’s a real 1976 Bally game, I have a little smile.
    Read the thread - I hope it gives you some inspiration!
    rd
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme[quoted image]

I think this is an excellent idea and one that Avi should give some serious thought to. And to add my 2 cents, Avi could sell the end product to fund his next, more ambitious project and maybe pocket some money for himself.

Hey, RD. I quickly went through the picture gallery of your build. Can you explain this and your dietary habits?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #210 1 year ago

Delete, I misunderstood.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well Avi, if you truly don't want to pursue this build, I would be willing to step up and make this happen. If Ben is willing to CNC the white wood and get it to me (I'll pay for it) I would feel privileged to see this to completion.
    I would hate to see this project go unfinished.
    But unlike John, I would have a realistic timeline of something like Expo '24 at the earliest.
    Input anyone?

Let's not overlook, Jon Norris in all of this. So far he has shown great generosity, but I don't think it was his intent to just put his efforts into the wild like this.
    I can't speak for the man but he should at least be consulted. It's not Avi's or GWJ's to give away.

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Beechwood, how about you and ben just run with the whitewood? We get others involved to build the other aspects

Holy shit. Let's take a breath here for a moment. Consult Jon Norris to start with and maybe ask Ben Heck if he wants to continue to be involved?
    A kit?

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I really believe Avi has decided against this and the community doesn't want to see it die. Jon is being messaged.

And Ben Heck?

#228 1 year ago

Jesus, I find this to be rude behaviour. Jon Norris should have been consulted first and then plans could have developed.

The way it is now, you guys have raced ahead and publicly put the man on the spot.

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Shipping this UPS or FedEx to Canada will cost a small fortune. See if someone here will sponsor it.

I got it for Avi. I just sent you a PM

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Well i'll pay for the wood anyways. It's probably the least i can do at this point in time, That i know i'll have money for. I'm looking on the Woodcraft website for Madison and i'm seeing 1/2 baltic birch plywood but only in sheets of 12x12? if you have time to figure that out let me know. Do not accept Kim's money for the wood. If he wants to pay for the shipping god bless him. but I will pay for the wood. or not, i can't force you to take my money lol.

It might be easier for Ben if I pay him for everything and then you pay me back on the wood.

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

New fiasco or losing your email account a few months ago?

I believe it was his a Hammer fiasco

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will continue to post my beer count here until things settle down

John, correct me if I'm wrong, but in one of your former threads, didn't the moderators warn you not to continually post about your beers?
    Please consider this.

#363 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, in half a day we had Ben offering to CNC the wood if I paid for it with shipping from Wisconsin to Michigan. I have my friend lined up to build the cabinet. More progress in 6 hours than others in 6 months.
    But this was all dependant on Jon Norris'blessing, which has not yet been given. Still awaiting a response.
    Avi, if you have any shot of building this, you will need resources. Not accepting funds for the build will make it extremely difficult to accomplish. You may want to rethink that.
    Either way, if Norris is cool with a community build, I would love to do my part on assembly and getting it off the ground. Riefepeters you are only 15 minutes from me. We could tackle the white wood together, with help from any other locals as well
    Again, just ideas at this point until Norris chimes in.

Ha ha, I heard you loud and clear my friend.

Beech, you and I go back a long ways and it's ok if we disagree, right? I don't have any hard feeling towards you or anyone else I recently down-voted or spoke out against. We just see things differently on this issue is all. Shit happens.

And BTW, I'm hoping Jon Norris gives you the go ahead. - In fact, I'll want to play your version of the game along with TreyBo69's version and Avi's.

Giddy-up

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, this is kind of concerning. Take it from an old guy...perspective is a wonderful thing and in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's just a bunch of guys talking about a toy.
    Take a few deep breaths. I'm sorry that John is acting weird toward you but as you're well aware, the guy is kinda....eccentric. Take some time away and enjoy your guitar, your family and the fact that you have your entire life ahead of you. Your life is just beginning while quite a few of us are in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs.

In a private message, I suggested that Avi check out the Sub-Forum's for tech and restorations, maybe join something over there. Much less drama.

I hate to see him go but I think he's once again, made a good decision for himself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aviroo-the-apprentice-build-of-the-original-norris-3-spinner-design?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.