You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zoolander.jpg
002_(1024x768).jpg
XMenPro-Playfield.jpg
IMG_0282.JPG
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago

Likely Metallica from Borg

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

At this point I'm mostly interested in the new redesigned LCD versions they have coming up, starting with ST? Hopefully!

... what's this now? I must've missed something

#153 11 years ago

Brock see main Avengers thread

#154 11 years ago

Stern just posted on Facebook! "Today's the Day!"

#155 11 years ago

Get Stoked Guys! I'm Hearing Announcement will drop at 4pm Chicago Time

If you have any questions I will be working late tonight feel free to reach out to me.

#156 11 years ago

I've got your back Akuma, fish don't fry in the kitchen either.

Keep pulling the sweater, eventually the whole thing will unravel...

zoolander.jpgzoolander.jpg

#157 11 years ago

Info must be out by now!

#158 11 years ago

The Hulk LE will be a fortune here in the UK. well over $10,000 i bet. Damn shame....

#159 11 years ago

7K here

#160 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My argument is, that to the best of my third-hand knowledge, it was placed exactly where they intended.

Quoted from paul_8788:

The original pics of the playfields that were released before the LE ever made it to customers shows the Wolverine in the same position from your picture.

So how can you say that the LE Wolverine shipped with him in the position they intended him to be in....and then say that the pictures that Stern posted of the "LE" had him in the Pro position?

I think that Wolverine was intended to be position as he is on the Pro, but they were afraid that he would either have issues with hitting the ramp (which he did anyway) or be too close to the spinning disc. In hindsight it is easy to see that having him in the Pro position would have been best. I think it was a case of them over thinking things and going into panic mode to squeeze Wolvie in anyway they could (even though it meant blocking one of the shots).

I think the perfect X-Men playfield would be a Pro playfield that someone would route out the Nightcrawler hatches and spinning disc holes. The best of both worlds.

As for Avengers...If X-Men doesn't shape up I may be looking at ditching Wolvie LE for an Avengers Premium if it seems like a winner.

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Preordering at this point is stupid. You shouldn't buy a game based on theme alone. We know nothing of the game. I will not preorder until I know:
1) price - I will not buy something without being told how much I need to pay. Sheesh.
2) offerings - if there's a premium I want that not an LE.
3) playfield and features - not all games are fun. I'm not buying another Gomez two flipper game with Lonnie's rules. But if there are at least three flippers or something else non standard here I'll consider it.

That's a bingo...highlight Gomez and Lonnie...

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So how can you say that the LE Wolverine shipped with him in the position they intended him to be in....and then say that the pictures that Stern posted of the "LE" had him in the Pro position?

I believe the general consensus is the original "LE" screenshots were of a photoshopped Pro playfield.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I think that Wolverine was intended to be position as he is on the Pro, but they were afraid that he would either have issues with hitting the ramp (which he did anyway) or be too close to the spinning disc.

Agreed. I think it was a late design change to move the Wolvie over on the LE. Doesn't make it a defect that should've been caught through play testing, which was the original contention in the thread.

#163 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I won't even consider this title unless there's a premium version. Even at that, I wouldn't purchase until its been out for several months. Still looking forward to what it will look like. At this point I'm mostly interested in the new redesigned LCD versions they have coming up, starting with ST? Hopefully!

Bingo. And that is the gap that the premium version fills and a win/win for both sides.

From Stern's perspective...

1) Hype and sell a limited number of overpriced LE versions at product launch.
2) Lower cost Pros follow up.
3) If #1 sells out quickly make the premium version to capture the bonus money left from the wait and see crowd.

From your perspective...

1) Gomez can't design fun pins anymore. I'm going to wait and see if this game is any good.
2) Damn those LEs sold quickly, maybe this game is_ a winner.
3) I'd get a pro but I really want more bling than that on my pin.
4) Hey the preimum is now available and they fixed the code with rescue pack #5. I'm all in for the best Stern pin ever!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-stern-pre-orders/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.