IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
Bridge_plastic.JPG
CIMG4507.JPG
CIMG4509.JPG
CIMG4508.JPG
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I already mentioned this in CG's thread, but this is probably the more appropriate place. The ramp on my buddy's machine was getting stuck because the plastic was getting wedged against the playfield glass (see photo). Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? We decided just to remove the plastic, but we couldn't get the second screw off. How do you remove a screw that just keeps twisting but never gets looser? Also, do you guys think this plastic is important to game play? It seems like it's only purpose is to prevent a fast ball that hits the BW ramp from launching upward.

The plastic is there to keep the ramp shots from flying off the ramp. I have not heard of anybody else including myself having the plastic hit the glass. Either the plastic or the ramp must be mounted improperly (or maybe something was damaged or pulled out of place when the packing foam was removed from the ramp).

Is there as nut that the screw is mounted into?

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The plastic is there to keep the ramp shots from flying off the ramp.

This was my assumption as well, but I didn't notice any adverse effect when I rotated the plastic backwards so that it was no longer covering the ramp.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Is there as nut that the screw is mounted into?

No. It's just a screw, washer and black spacer. It should be a matter of simply unscrewing it, but the thing just turns and turns. Very frustrating.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No. It's just a screw, washer and black spacer. It should be a matter of simply unscrewing it, but the thing just turns and turns. Very frustrating.

Try pulling it with a magnet.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Try pulling it with a magnet.

I think the screw is somehow warped. I tried pushing it really hard from beneath while unscrewing it, and it still wouldn't budge.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the screw is somehow warped. I tried pushing it really hard from beneath while unscrewing it, and it still wouldn't budge.

I guess the next thing I would try would be using pliers or vice grips to turn and pull at the same time.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How do you remove a screw that just keeps twisting but never gets looser?

The post is spinning with the screw/nut probably. Hold the post with a pair of pliers while unscrewing.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The post is spinning with the screw/nut probably. Hold the post with a pair of pliers while unscrewing.

There is no post. The screw goes directly into a threaded metal hole in the bridge.

#58 11 years ago

I did a little different Loki plastic re-location from what Gambit did. I used a 5/8" plastic sleeve (I cut a longer one to get this size) and a 1-1/2 inch machine screw.
I had to bend backwards the metal mounting piece that is attached to the Loki plastic.
The machine screw is mounted where the existing screw holds the plastics together (the back right screw behind the existing Loki mounting location).
I can now clearly see from the players position the Nick Fury portion of the playfield and insert and can see some of the stand target. I had to use the spacer to get the plastic high enough to clear the shooter lane and leaned the plastic slightly back to give plenty of clearance for the playfield glass.

IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0313.jpg IMG_0307.jpgIMG_0307.jpg

#59 11 years ago

I am deciding on new bulbs for the Loki lock. I feel that the existing Cointaker's are just too bright to be straight in your face like that. I am going to switch to single LED frosted green ablaze. They do not blind me like the 2 LED Cointakers.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the parts that are needed for the empty hole are:
One plastic post: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=318
One 5/16 inch black rubber : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=86
One lock nut and one machine screw of the appropriate size to fit through the post and playfield.
I will get an exact length/type for the screw in the next couple days and update this post.

Here is the full info to make the post to avoid ball traps when moving the right outlane post to make the outlane more narrow. The extra post is mounted into the original outlane post hole to prevent the ball from wedging between the relocated outlane post and the rubber ring that is to its left.
You need:
One plastic post: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=318
One 3/16 inch black rubber : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=84
One lock nut and one 6-32 x 2 inch machine screw;
and one washer for the lock nut.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no post. The screw goes directly into a threaded metal hole in the bridge.

Have you tried maybe just trimming away part of the plastic so it doesn't touch the glass? Maybe it just needs like 1/4-1/2" trimmed off and it could still prevent balls from coming off the ramp.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Have you tried maybe just trimming away part of the plastic so it doesn't touch the glass? Maybe it just needs like 1/4-1/2" trimmed off and it could still prevent balls from coming off the ramp.

I think that's the best way to go, but it's not my machine. Plus, I didn't have my Dremel with me. Removing it seemed like an easy enough solution at the time.

#63 11 years ago

i moved mine like yours DCFAN. works good. The ball some times hits it when leaving the shooter lane on a hard shot.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

i moved mine like yours DCFAN. works good. The ball some times hits it when leaving the shooter lane on a hard shot.

Mine has not been hitting the plastic from the shooter lane since I made the change. Did you use the 5/8" plastic sleeve to make it a little higher? Also I turned mine a little to the left to give the shooter lane even more clearance, and made sure that the wires to the lights were not sticking out toward the shooter lane. I was real careful to get it just right. It took some trial and error.

#65 11 years ago

After playing a couple of dozen games on my Hulk, I noticed lots of airballs and the shot to the HULK drop targets straight off the flipper were brutal.
I decreased my Coil Strength and I think the game plays much better.
Not as brutal on the drops, no airballs and I can make all the shots just fine.
I also took DC's suggestion and moved the LOKI ball lock light to the new location he suggested.
Works and looks great.
HULK hole definitely needs a Cliffy.
I sent him an email this morning offering to help if he need measurements.

#66 11 years ago

Can the Loki figure be moved with existing wire length?

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Can the Loki figure be moved with existing wire length?

It can be moved where I suggested which is only about 2.5 inches, but with Gambit's location he cut the wire and spliced it to be longer.
The wire has some extra length wrapped around some other wires under the playfield.

#68 11 years ago

Would like them to keep the animation on longer when you score the Secrets of the Shield bonus. Most of the time you don't even see what you earned.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Would like them to keep the animation on longer when you score the Secrets of the Shield bonus. Most of the time you don't even see what you earned.

I have noticed the same thing. A lot of the time something else happens and you don't get to see what you earned.

#70 11 years ago

Removing / Relocating plastics just to see what you want to hit with the ball, or see an insert is simply absurd. Stern should be paying end users for time taken to fix their oversights and shortcomings instead of the other way around.

Stern Beta-Testers Assemble!!

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Removing / Relocating plastics just to see what you want to hit with the ball, or see an insert is simply absurd.

I agree. At least we are fortunate enough to have some very clever people in the hobby that can come up with fixes for most of Stern's mistakes.

#72 11 years ago

I still like my location for the Loki Lock lights plastic b/c I think that big Helicarrier plastic is overkill and clutters up that corner, and the lights are now over the shot to make for the lock, and not right in my face with bright green lights.

But, way to work out an easier fix DC.

#73 11 years ago

What do you think about replacing Loki with a 3d figure and a custom lock plastic ?
I just think the 2d plastic just looks cheap next to the great looking Hulk.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

HULK hole definitely needs a Cliffy.

#75 11 years ago

I moved the Loki plastic and I do like that I can see the inserts better. I added a longer screw and a couple little spacers. I put a ton of balls in the shooter lane and let it go nuts on auto plunge and some manual and out of maybe 20 one of them hit the plastic.
I am going to try it for a day or two and if no worky then I will move it back or take the plunge and relocate it like gambit has.

IMG_0114.JPGIMG_0114.JPG IMG_0115.JPGIMG_0115.JPG IMG_0116.JPGIMG_0116.JPG

#76 11 years ago

I also bent it back just a tad so it would lay back a smidge.

1 week later
#77 11 years ago

Anybody else having balls fly off the "hawkeye" ramp? Just before it turns to cross the arrow.

About half the time it goes into the corner and drops off onto the PF.

I've also had 3 balls go through the PF into the cabinet. I will try the double rubber fix as per above, that should sort it out ok.

Agree that Stern should supply a pair of modified plastics to LE owners so you can see the LOKI rollovers. That's crazy stuff.

rd.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I moved the Loki plastic and I do like that I can see the inserts better. I added a longer screw and a couple little spacers. I put a ton of balls in the shooter lane and let it go nuts on auto plunge and some manual and out of maybe 20 one of them hit the plastic.
I am going to try it for a day or two and if no worky then I will move it back or take the plunge and relocate it like gambit has.

I originally moved the lock here also but the auto plunger was hitting it at least a portion of the time.

#79 11 years ago

Double rubber ring trick on the right side of Hulk seems to have stopped the balls falling into the cabinet through the "bridge up" hole ....

Nice.

rd.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I also did this today ... Mounted it on a cut down Cliffy sleeve which gives it a little movement too.

At first the balls hit the bottom lamp holder, but with the plastic twisted a little more to the right, the lamp holder is right out of the way, and no problems.

It is now orientated a little towards the front right corner of the machine, which is fine. No problems to see it.

The metal bracket is bent back a tad so the plastic can lean back, so it can clear the glass.

rd.

#81 11 years ago

I have put quite a few games on mine since I moved the Loki plastic back to the screw location that is on the back right of that plastic and don't have any issues with the ball hitting the Loki plastic out of the shooter lane. The spacer and longer screw puts the plastic just high enough to get it out of the way. I also zip tied back the wires on the Loki plastic to the left so that they would not lean toward the shooter lane.

#82 11 years ago

I've had good luck moving Loki one screw over to the right. It's not too far from locked balls and was quick and easy to do. I just needed the longer screw to raise it up.

#83 11 years ago

Im either moving my loki back to original spot or to the back of the game. I hate changing the way the game came though. I have it (pic above) over the shooter lane and if the auto plunge hits it I lose and LED from the loki plastic. I think I may just move it back. The blind spots really don't bother me the game is so crazy I just don't care right now.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Im either moving my loki back to original spot or to the back of the game. I hate changing the way the game came though. I have it (pic above) over the shooter lane and if the auto plunge hits it I lose and LED from the loki plastic. I think I may just move it back. The blind spots really don't bother me the game is so crazy I just don't care right now.

It's better where the Helicarrier plastic is. I had the same issue in the back spot on that right plastic. Like being able to see it though...

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

It's better where the Helicarrier plastic is.

I totally agree. No matter where I moved Loki near the shooter lane once in a while a ball would flip up and hit the plastic. Had a bulb fall out once from the hit and I messed with his location quite a bit in the initial area. I am much happier with him moved to the opposite side.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Other issues
hulks right hand is getting mangled by the ramp.

Oh and have fun if you need to replace a flasher or LED as it looks as if the entire ramp assembly and sub assembly needs to come off to change a flasher

I already had to replace the Captain America flasher out of the box. It wasn't too bad, I planned on doing them anyway with coin taker LED's flashers. Hulks left elbow on mine got scuffed up after a couple of games. How do you adjust him?

#87 11 years ago

I think Stern should send out a new Loki plastic that is just a vertical bar with the 3 lights. Same place but won't block view.
Shooter lane issue: I think I know the problem. The table is borked! I noticed it sits uneven. I am sure you can undo everything and re screw the holders. I had some luck just muscling it back to get better results. Hope the pics make sense. Look at yours

IMG_0701.JPGIMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPGIMG_0702.JPG

#88 11 years ago

Close ups

IMG_0703.JPGIMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPGIMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPGIMG_0705.JPG

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I had some luck just muscling it back

...I put a #6 nut in the shooter tip....can slam that ball all the way to the ball gate now

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think Stern should send out a new Loki plastic that is just a vertical bar with the 3 lights. Same place but won't block view.
Shooter lane issue: I think I know the problem. The table is borked! I noticed it sits uneven. I am sure you can undo everything and re screw the holders. I had some luck just muscling it back to get better results. Hope the pics make sense. Look at yours

Mine is not uneven like that. Just FYI. And more importantly, straightening those pins and shove them together and you can fit a 5th one in

Quoted from Zdoor:

It's better where the Helicarrier plastic is. I had the same issue in the back spot on that right plastic. Like being able to see it though...

Totally agree. This location is way nicer not only to solve the problems with visibility, but also because it sits at the lock shot now. It's way more intuitive there. I put a nick fury busy in place of the old lock sign.

#91 11 years ago

Anyone else having a problem with the ball getting stuck on the at the screw head on the Loki multiball ramp? This is happening at least once per game. The screw head is not elevated. Pin is at 6.7 degrees. The ball hits the plastic locking pin for multiball, bounces back slightly then gets stuck as in the photo.

Loki_Ramp.jpgLoki_Ramp.jpg Loki_Ramp2_copy.jpgLoki_Ramp2_copy.jpg

#92 11 years ago

I suggest loosening the screw just slightly so it sits higher to see if that helps avoid the ball stopping in the groove in the plastic.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I suggest loosening the screw just slightly so it sits higher to see if that helps avoid the ball stopping in the groove in the plastic.

Good idea. Mines done it twice in the 100 plays I've had.

#94 11 years ago

I had this problem, the ball was getting wedged between the plastic sides. I found the top end of the palstic had come out of it's groove. I put it back in the groove and loosend a couple screws pushed the sides apart a little and then re-tightened everything to give it more room. I haven't had a ball hang up there since.

#95 11 years ago

Yup, I thought the post was broken but realized the ball was trapped just before it.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

I had this problem, the ball was getting wedged between the plastic sides.

yes, this was happening to me as well did what you did and re-tightened the plastic and works much better.

Another thing I noticed when the ball shoots out of the shooter lane the plastic it lands on bounces around, its not screwed in at all on the right side. This causes the ball loose its momentum when it hits, thus having bad wild shots out of the shooter lane. I added some small strips of the foam from pinbits under each notch of the plastic so it sits tighter and does not move so much. It helps for sure and the ball has a better solid shot feel. You still get crazy shots sometimes, but it helps and is a step in the right direction.

#97 11 years ago

Yea, I have noticed that ramp seems real loose, was trying to figure out something I'll have to give that a try.

Also just had a major problem with the Hulk. Had a party and his arms stope raising, only issue it cause was when the ball was behind him it would take it awhile to get out cause his arms didn't go up.

Had to totally remove the Mech, what a pain. Looks like the wire going to the coil got pinched on something and one of them was cut. Not hard to fix but getting the thing out is a pain, I still don't see any way to adjust where he sits. There are a couple of allan head screws but when you loosen them nothing moves so not sure what they are used for. Probably not going to get it put back together till tomrrow.

#98 11 years ago

I tried to shift the Hulk since his arms were scraping but there was nowhere to move him. I tried to move the posts on the out lanes but the ones there wouldnt unscrew. May leave it or put in a 2nd post..I also have the ball hanging up on the Loki lock, will try to move the plastics.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

????? What is it to you if I mod my game how I damned well please?

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I tried to shift the Hulk since his arms were scraping but there was nowhere to move him. I tried to move the posts on the out lanes but the ones there wouldnt unscrew. May leave it or put in a 2nd post..I also have the ball hanging up on the Loki lock, will try to move the plastics.

Think they are held on with a nut on the bottom of the playfield. You have to use a screwdiver and a socket. The right one is best to just use another post for anyway because if you don't you will get a ball hung up where the post came from because of the gap it creates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-fix-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.