IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
Bridge_plastic.JPG
CIMG4507.JPG
CIMG4509.JPG
CIMG4508.JPG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

I put a high end version of hard as nails on the kickout hole and I have had very few balls that roll out of the hole. Even had one that rolled up the ramp at rapid speed and the ball stayed in the hole.

Still testing but just an FYI for those who want to try things that don't involve sticking something onto the plastics.

#102 11 years ago

I did find one small easy adjustment on the hulk when I was putting it all back together. Not sure if it will keep his fists from hitting the ramp but the coil stop on his back can be moved a little to either rais or lower his arms. I lowered them as far as they will go will have to see if it makes any differance.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

I did find one small easy adjustment on the hulk when I was putting it all back together. Not sure if it will keep his fists from hitting the ramp but the coil stop on his back can be moved a little to either rais or lower his arms. I lowered them as far as they will go will have to see if it makes any differance.

I think the problem is he is a bit too big for the area he is in, the minor scuffs haven't gotten any worse and almost makes him look battle scarred..It's something I"m definitely keeping my eye on though.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Anybody else having balls fly off the "hawkeye" ramp? Just before it turns to cross the arrow.
About half the time it goes into the corner and drops off onto the PF.
I've also had 3 balls go through the PF into the cabinet. I will try the double rubber fix as per above, that should sort it out ok.
Agree that Stern should supply a pair of modified plastics to LE owners so you can see the LOKI rollovers. That's crazy stuff.
rd.

I have yet to have the ball go on the Hawkeye ramp, is that a diverter that moves it to there under special conditions? It always goes te other way to the ball lock ramp instead.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I have yet to have the ball go on the Hawkeye ramp, is that a diverter that moves it to there under special conditions? It always goes te other way to the ball lock ramp instead.

Mine nearly all the time goes up the ramp and down to the left side. It's only supposed to go to the right side when you start collecting multi-ball. I would check your diverter.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It should only go to the lock location when lock is lit. I would check your ramp entry switches via switch test and perhaps your diverter in coil test.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

You should test coil number #42. It is the ramp diverter that has to activate to send the ball down the Hawkeye ramp. When it does not activate the ball goes to the Loki lock

#109 11 years ago

I did a coil test & it worked. But it still doesn't work during gameplay. I even manually took the ball & put it up the ramp & it didn't trip the diverter. Any ideas?

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I did a coil test & it worked. But it still doesn't work during gameplay. I even manually took the ball & put it up the ramp & it didn't trip the diverter. Any ideas?

I think there is a setting in the program where you can turn the diverter on or off. Make sure the diverter is set to be on.

#111 11 years ago

it went on 1x out of about 10 shots, I'll look for that setting though, maybe it got turned off somehow.

#112 11 years ago

The diverter is activated by switch number 48. It's the optical switch at the top of the ramp. In switch test mode, breaking the red beam of light should register the switch as active.

#113 11 years ago

If you are trying to qualify hawkeye why would the ball
Be diverted to the cross ramp and left flipper,mine also
Goes to the right ramp and the lock pin drops so I can shoot
The ramp again.I would.think this is normal

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Then yours is messed up also. Or you're not on the latest software.

Quoted from Butch2099:I did a coil test & it worked. But it still doesn't work during gameplay. I even manually took the ball & put it up the ramp & it didn't trip the diverter. Any ideas?

I suggested testing the switch before anyone talked about the coil and was totally ignored. Therefore my suggestion is for you to read the ignored post above and try that

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Then yours is messed up also. Or you're not on the latest software.

I suggested testing the switch before anyone talked about the coil and was totally ignored. Therefore my suggestion is for you to read the ignored post above and try that

I did do a switch test also when I did the coil test, I just left that out, sorry. The switch test wasn't as automatic as the coil test where it would run through the whole machine. I'll have to go back & try again. Is there a software update? I'm running 1.1 I believe.

#116 11 years ago

You should be on v1.2. That is likely your issue. Download and update at sterns site.

As for switch test, it's not automatic at all. You see a layout of all the switches then with your hand, trigger each switch. It should register on the screen and with a beep. Extremely useful. Then test by tossing a ball through the switch. Sometimes wires on the switch just need a small bend. You know when your hand can trigger a switch but the ball cannot.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm running 1.1 I believe.

Switch to 1.2. I could swear there was a 1.3 but it's gone. 1.2 also stops the Hulk hang ups.

However, I did get an interesting hang up. The ball went slowly enough up the Black Widow ramp but had enough speed to not make it to the saucer hole. Therefore, it hung on the ramp connector part.

I got a tilt...

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Then yours is messed up also.

Haha, LOL on that comment

hey Markmon, I posted a pic of the display w/ the green guard removed, and placed over part of it so you could see the difference. Check it out here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-what-adjustments-should-i-expect-to-make#post-595538

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

I posted a pic of the display w/ the green guard removed, and placed over part of it so you could see the difference. Check it out here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-what-adjustments-should-i-expect-to-make#post-595538

Yes. It's a lot different. Nice picture . I'm using that filter to help green up one of the yellowish xpins.

#120 11 years ago

I updated the software & the Hawkeye ramp still does the same, just whips around to the ball lock, it did divert after I locked Hawkeye. I didn't have time to do another switch test. I think the balls are get hung up on Hulk more now than before, (maybe coincidence) but it always catches it & releases. Is anyone else getting a screech at the end of some of the voice animations? Like a record getting scratched or stopped, it has happened a few times now.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

That would make sense, I think mine diverts only after you aquire Hawkeye, which would also make sense. But if it's only happening on our games maybe we are wrong..

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That would make sense, I think mine diverts only after you aquire Hawkeye, which would also make sense. But if it's only happening on our games maybe we are wrong..

Mine does it also. It is definitely programmed to bring it to the right flipper in certain times in the game, especially after the first Loki multiball. I would guess it is setup that way to give more shots at the Hawkeye ramp to collect Hawkeye.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I updated the software & the Hawkeye ramp still does the same, just whips around to the ball lock, it did divert after I locked Hawkeye. I didn't have time to do another switch test. I think the balls are get hung up on Hulk more now than before, (maybe coincidence) but it always catches it & releases. Is anyone else getting a screech at the end of some of the voice animations? Like a record getting scratched or stopped, it has happened a few times now.

Do you have a baby in the next room ? I once thought my machine was making a wierd noise and then found out the tap outside on the same wall as the pin was turned on and was making the noise.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Do you have a baby in the next room ? I once thought my machine was making a wierd noise and then found out the tap outside on the same wall as the pin was turned on and was making the noise.

Nope, definitely from the game, but not all the time. I'lll try to see if there is a pattern...

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is anyone else getting a screech at the end of some of the voice animations? Like a record getting scratched or stopped, it has happened a few times now.

No screech here.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No screech here.

Could it be the annoying Stern software knocker?

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Good call.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess it is after reading other posts about the screech...Wow is that annoying..I thought something was wrong with sound board/software..

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No screech here.

Quoted from Butch2099:

Wow is that annoying..

You can disable it in the menu.

#130 11 years ago

I always leave it because it scares the Shiat out of guests

#131 11 years ago

Herg is going to help me put real knockers in my Sterns. I already ordered the parts. Thanks Herg

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You can disable it in the menu.

Definitely will look for that..Any idea what it's called in the menu?

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Definitely will look for that..Any idea what it's called in the menu?

It is the "knocker" setting which is in the "Standard Adjustments" (SPI) (#44 on page 39 of the owner's manual). You can set it to "off" and it will not make any sounds anymore.

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Moment of ooops here. I need to check my ACDC. Me thinks I installed something wrong.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Starting a separate thread just to document what I am trying on my Hulk machine, to address the only issues I have right now - (1) limited view of the top right corner and rightmost drop trough and inserts.

If MM came out today, would we complain about not seeing the inlanes behind the dragon ramp? I notice it all the time on MM because its part of the skill shot.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Quoted from Butch2099:

I updated the software & the Hawkeye ramp still does the same, just whips around to the ball lock, it did divert after I locked Hawkeye.

Quoted from rockrand:

I was wrong about all this. I'm very sorry. The ball only diverts to the left flipper when you're qualifying hawkeye and lock is not lit. Once hawkeye is qualified, the balls divert to the right flipper even if lock isn't lit so you can keep shooting hawkeye. Once he's collected, and you're back to qualifying him for completion, the balls are again diverted left.

#137 11 years ago

I've heard comments regarding the outlanes.

A nice feature on some PF's are the completely adjustable outlane posts on both sides. Rather than 2-3 pre drilled holes my FGY (maybe others too) have a slot allowing total control of post placement.

Maybe Stern should do this on their next runs? Do any of you Avengers owners ever consider doing this to your PF?

5 months later
#138 10 years ago

Anybody have any issues with the Thor drop targets cycling randomly? Particularly the R. Each time the R is hit it pops up and down a few times. At times it will cycle when the ball gets popped into the trough prior to plunging a ball.

Also have an issue that Hulk isn't looking straight down the playfield anymore. That seems to have solved balls sticking there though. :p. Any ideas?

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Cen-Cal-Pin:

Anybody have any issues with the Thor drop targets cycling randomly? Particularly the R. Each time the R is hit it pops up and down a few times. At times it will cycle when the ball gets popped into the trough prior to plunging a ball.
Also have an issue that Hulk isn't looking straight down the playfield anymore. That seems to have solved balls sticking there though. :p. Any ideas?

On the drop targets trying to reset, here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-drop-target-banks-not-resetting-properly-fyi

I posted the thread above a couple days ago but nobody seemed to care.

#140 10 years ago

I actually found your thread after I posted. Will see if I can add some washers and get it to work. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-fix-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.