(Topic ID: 61871)

Are we getting the Star Trek announcement this week?

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ronlisa
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alice-Eve.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
GSC.jpg
illogical[1].jpg
spock-death-grip-nerve-pinch.jpg
1239889_10151842333334244_1135197041_n.jpg
image.jpg
TYBYWY.jpg
image.jpg
Star_Trek_pinball.jpg
ran.jpg
image.jpg
mudds-women1[1].jpg
dyyyy.jpg
unicorn-dog-fk-yeah.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

Are there pics with the announcement? I want to see it, I already heard about it!

#26 10 years ago

Well I think I will give up my LOTR search and get Star Trek instead.

#72 10 years ago

Just got a call from an official Stern distributor. They received word from Stern themselves, the Star Trek announcement will be at the end of this week for sure and it will be a DMD for sure. Confirmed.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He said she said. Not quite confirmed.

This is true I guess. We will find out tomorrow.

#78 10 years ago

It is true that Stern has no plans to put an LCD in any of their games any time soon. As the distributer put it "Stern doesn't want to fix something that isn't broken".

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Tomorrow? I am thinking more in a couple weeks, but we will see. And get them Metallica peeps some code updates!

You could be right. You never know with these distributors.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Napabar is gonna have some 'splainin' to do!

Sorry Rob and everyone else. I contacted the distributor again and asked him to read the email he got yesterday from Gary Stern, and it read:

"The next Stern pinball will be announced September 12th?????"

So it is next Thursday and it doesn't even say Star Trek?? Sorry guys for the misinterpretation from the distributor.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, that's a far cry from "confirmed"!

You're right, sorry. The way the distributor was talking to me it sounded like it would be at his doorstep tomorrow. That's why I called him back and asked him to read the email from Gary Stern to me. Once again, sorry.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

September 12th is Thursday, not Friday

Fixed. Although the email stated the 12th, having the announcement on a Tursday is a bit weird so I think it will be Friday non the less. It is a week away so I guess we just have to wait.

#218 10 years ago

The distributor I talked to had a picture of the new Star Trek machine. He wouldn't send it to me but he told me it had the faces of the guys from the next generation on the translite. It got me excited so I told him " really it was suppose to be the new into the darkness movie only". He then replied "Oh well maybe it is, I don't know Star Trek that well". Was he back peddling or did he really not know Star Trek?

#225 10 years ago

That translite looks like it could be a Charlie's Angels translite............with men.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

At some of the prices you all are describing, my ST money may be heading over to JJP? My inner Dorothy may be coming out, although i am not wearing those #%&@ ruby slippers.

I haven't seen WOZ at all yet but people that have played it told me it was very feminine. Is this true??

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Really? Here on the ST announcement thread?

Never played the game, just wondering. No one has to answer.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

From "Definitely" to "Predictions" in one thread... Softening your position now, are you Napa???

That shit is too funny.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? That's the first time I've ever heard that reference made. I own an ACDC Premium and have a WOZLE on order as the game even with its code not complete is hands down one of the best pinball machines I've never played.

I also have had people tell me the WOZLE version was amazing. It reminded them of the old days of wide bodies where there was a ton of toys on the playfield. I've gotten 50/50 mixed reviews, I guess I just have to track one down and try it for myself, thanks.

#301 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thats funny pkp is a measure of what exactly? How little life we all have posting on this forum?
Musketd is friends with Jersey Jack. Ask Jack and he will tell you Derek is his friend. He talks to Borg on a semi regular basis as well as others like Gomez and Ritchie. Most anyone involved in pinball will say they know Derek.
Napabar,
I hate to do this, but you are really becoming a complete "tool". Please realize that you have not established yourself for someone who gives credible information

Oh Snap.

#308 10 years ago

Oh man, that's awesome.

#397 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

My gut tells me that we see a tease today and the full release Thursday like we seen with Metallica.

The distributors email from Gary Stern did say the 12th.

#398 10 years ago

Well no LCD so I think Napabar's pkp should go to zero.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-getting-the-star-trek-announcement-this-week?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.