(Topic ID: 61871)

Are we getting the Star Trek announcement this week?

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ronlisa
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alice-Eve.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
GSC.jpg
illogical[1].jpg
spock-death-grip-nerve-pinch.jpg
1239889_10151842333334244_1135197041_n.jpg
image.jpg
TYBYWY.jpg
image.jpg
Star_Trek_pinball.jpg
ran.jpg
image.jpg
mudds-women1[1].jpg
dyyyy.jpg
unicorn-dog-fk-yeah.png
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 10 years ago

Expo would be a nice release!

#53 10 years ago

I am really hoping the pro will be worth getting as an alternative to the premium. More like Metallica's pro vs prem instead of like AC/DC.

#54 10 years ago

I must have missed the official announcement:

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Blue DMD?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?! $&@/ gougers!

#57 10 years ago

Lol, pre orders frowned upon. Flat out pre selling though ...

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just the sort of middleman distributor who gets bumped from his precious LE easy money.

What a prick at that price.

#59 10 years ago

Only 9.5k! Blue dmd sounds cool but LCD would be better

#60 10 years ago

lol so which pinsider posted the hoax CL ad come on, fess up

#61 10 years ago

I think the seller mixed up Tron LE with STLE.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

lol so which pinsider posted the hoax CL ad come on, fess up

Nice don. Way to go on that one!! Looks like we'll need to wait on superman after all.

#63 10 years ago

Blue DMD is possible since we know Stern has one that they sell. Better than a red one for ST.

#64 10 years ago

This CL post is silly. First, it's not Ritchie's last game. Second, it's a LCD, not a blue LED display.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Second, it's a LCD, not a blue LED display.

blue dots are tbd, but it will not be LCD. Nor will the next Stern, or the one after that.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

blue dots are tbd, but it will not be LCD. Nor will the next Stern, or the one after that.

LCD for sure.

#67 10 years ago

What? going from red dots to blue is some sort of big bonus or advancement in fun! LCD

#68 10 years ago

Keeping my fingers crossed

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from Napabar:

LCD for sure.

Hamster_Popcorn_Theater.gifHamster_Popcorn_Theater.gif

#70 10 years ago

I predict old-school numbers painted on reels. And real bells.

Actually, I don't: i just wanted to be different.

#71 10 years ago

If that's a serious CL ad, which it appears to be, the seller is a huge shiester.

#72 10 years ago

Just got a call from an official Stern distributor. They received word from Stern themselves, the Star Trek announcement will be at the end of this week for sure and it will be a DMD for sure. Confirmed.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Just got a call from an official Stern distributor. They received word from Stern themselves, the Star Trek announcement will be at the end of this week for sure and it will be a DMD for sure. Confirmed.

He said she said. Not quite confirmed.

#74 10 years ago

Well I feel a lot better now.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He said she said. Not quite confirmed.

This is true I guess. We will find out tomorrow.

#76 10 years ago

I'm still in for DMD - LCD might scare me away.

#77 10 years ago

I probably can live with a DMD, but I would have GREATLY preferred an LCD.

#78 10 years ago

It is true that Stern has no plans to put an LCD in any of their games any time soon. As the distributer put it "Stern doesn't want to fix something that isn't broken".

#79 10 years ago

We will find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow? I am thinking more in a couple weeks, but we will see. And get them Metallica peeps some code updates!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Tomorrow? I am thinking more in a couple weeks, but we will see. And get them Metallica peeps some code updates!

You could be right. You never know with these distributors.

#81 10 years ago

"Stern doesn't want to fix something that isn't broken".

That's a good excuse for a lack of innovation.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

blue dots!!! omg this is gonna be huge! i am going to take it deep and get the stle at any price

lcd scares the crap out of me too. all my tvs are tubes, same with my laptop, phone and main computer.

It is true that Stern has no plans to put an LCD in any of their games any time soon. As the distributer put it "Stern doesn't want to fix something that isn't broken".

ahh...why change anything now, except the price of course. this is shaping up to be the best game ever made.

if the game comes with the same fan layout and incomplete code coupled with toy operation failure i'm in.

#83 10 years ago

Using that logic we would ALL still be playing EM's or even better pin tables with no flippers!

#84 10 years ago

So blue DMD seems a certainty then.

Goes with a science fiction theme.

Guessing there will be El wire as well then.

And a ball transporter.....

#85 10 years ago

Star Trek announcement will be at the end of this week for sure and it will be a DMD for sure. Confirmed.

Napabar is gonna have some 'splainin' to do!

#86 10 years ago

If this is true I hope they've got a filter on that DMD, blue LEDs blind the f*** out of me trying to look at them. Dunno if the Tron I played with one had an official Stern DMD or X-Pin or something else, but the blue was uncomfortable to look at.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry Rob and everyone else. I contacted the distributor again and asked him to read the email he got yesterday from Gary Stern, and it read:

"The next Stern pinball will be announced September 12th?????"

So it is next Thursday and it doesn't even say Star Trek?? Sorry guys for the misinterpretation from the distributor.

#88 10 years ago

Sorry Rob and everyone else. I contacted the distributor again and asked him to read the email he got yesterday from Gary Stern, and it read:
So it is next Friday and it doesn't even say Star Trek?? Sorry guys for the misinterpretation from the distributor.

Dude, that's a far cry from "confirmed"!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, that's a far cry from "confirmed"!

You're right, sorry. The way the distributor was talking to me it sounded like it would be at his doorstep tomorrow. That's why I called him back and asked him to read the email from Gary Stern to me. Once again, sorry.

#90 10 years ago

That was a great non-event. had all the trappings and everything, drama, characters you could follow. But now back to regular schedule.

#91 10 years ago

I don't LOVE dots, I'm a RAZA buyer and can't wait for that, but I run my own business and I can appreciate that Stern has the most risk and most to lose by changing things up, so I'm realistic with my expectations with them.

Until JJP starts cranking out 3 titles per year (not happening any time soon since as far as we've heard there is still only 1 design team at JJP) and making Stern product sit unsold, I don't see anything changing. So it'll be years of DMD to come.

I do enjoy other Stern innovations, like LEDs on the playfield and inserts, so they still make a great pinball, so I could be a buyer yet for ST if it looks good.

#92 10 years ago

So it is next Friday and it doesn't even say Star Trek?? Sorry guys for the misinterpretation from the distributor.

Minor issue ... September 12th is next Thursday.

Thank you for the info.

#93 10 years ago

You've already got a Star Trek game by Steve Richie and you're STILL not satisfied.. You want another? The Benjamin Cumberbund "I'm an English guy playing an Asian guy that used to be played by a Mexican guy" Edition? Yea, that'd work.

#94 10 years ago

Like I told you guys all along DMD; you should know not to trust the other so called sources

#95 10 years ago

September 12th is Thursday, not Friday

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

September 12th is Thursday, not Friday

Fixed. Although the email stated the 12th, having the announcement on a Tursday is a bit weird so I think it will be Friday non the less. It is a week away so I guess we just have to wait.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Like I told you guys all along DMD; you should know not to trust the other so called sources

Can you use your crystal ball to tell us when we're getting a major code drop on Metallica? Please?

#98 10 years ago

I can tell you things don't look good for Metallica; the fact that they had all the issues with the hammer; really put a hurting on the Metallica code, because instead of Lyman having all that time to work on the code; he was trying to just fix the hammer

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well, seeing as nothing been confirmed yet, you are once again jumping to conclusions.

The email didn't even say it would be Star Trek.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No 'splainin yet! It might not even be Star Trek!

I only said Star Trek would have an LCD, not necessarily Stern's next Pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-getting-the-star-trek-announcement-this-week/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.