(Topic ID: 61871)

Are we getting the Star Trek announcement this week?

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 404 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ronlisa
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alice-Eve.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
GSC.jpg
illogical[1].jpg
spock-death-grip-nerve-pinch.jpg
1239889_10151842333334244_1135197041_n.jpg
image.jpg
TYBYWY.jpg
image.jpg
Star_Trek_pinball.jpg
ran.jpg
image.jpg
mudds-women1[1].jpg
dyyyy.jpg
unicorn-dog-fk-yeah.png
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thats funny pkp is a measure of what exactly? How little life we all have posting on this forum?
Musketd is friends with Jersey Jack. Ask Jack and he will tell you Derek is his friend. He talks to Borg on a semi regular basis as well as others like Gomez and Ritchie. Most anyone involved in pinball will say they know Derek.
Napabar,
I hate to do this, but you are really becoming a complete "tool". Please realize that you have not established yourself for someone who gives credible information

Oh Snap.

#303 10 years ago

Calm down everyone. Not worth fretting over when we all will know soon. Let's just let the release prove who knows what and what's right.
Once we know them we can have a little fun with someone ; )

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thats funny pkp is a measure of what exactly? How little life we all have posting on this forum?
Musketd is friends with Jersey Jack. Ask Jack and he will tell you Derek is his friend. He talks to Borg on a semi regular basis as well as others like Gomez and Ritchie. Most anyone involved in pinball will say they know Derek.
Napabar,
I hate to do this, but you are really becoming a complete "tool". Please realize that you have not established yourself for someone who gives credible information

And who gave you a monopoly on the truth? You are extremely arrogant. Apparently, when someone "claims" to be an insider, I should just roll-over and accept it? My questions and points are completely valid.

Get over yourself. You're not that important.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I know SR loves chrome, but I don't. Fingers and toes crossed that the LEs don't have chrome or ghrome!! Power coating pretty please!

And it wears out/gets cloudy too. The chrome on my Tron LE was actually dangerous because the edges were so sharp from the polishing process before the final plating. I had to put some mylar over the edges on the glass where they were cutting into player's thumbs.

Please...no chrome!

#306 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#307 10 years ago

Oh Snap.

TYBYWY.jpgTYBYWY.jpg

#308 10 years ago

Oh man, that's awesome.

#309 10 years ago

Talk to the hand

image.jpgimage.jpg

#310 10 years ago

EE = Enterprise Edition

I have no Monopoly of the truth and lots of things are rumors until confirmed. At one point Stern was discussing the new board set and though they kept it under wraps they conveyed what they wanted to accomplish.

Truth is EE is Enterprise Edition - I will eat crow if this is wrong.

Napabar - From your previous posts you have a lot of crow to eat as you have been dead wrong almost 100% of the time. I do not feel I am arrogant, just sick of you putting everyone else down claiming pkp matters and what not. You put down MusketD who is a good friend and I take offense to that. So in essence I change my statement to you are becoming a "tool" To you are someone with zero credibility and should be ignored. Part of the fun in this hobby is gathering all of the little tidbits companies release and getting excited about what's coming out. You seem to think a LCD is happening. You are the only one that thinks this without any facts to back it up. Stop putting people down and my opinion of you will change. I will certainly cease putting you down when your BS stops.

#311 10 years ago

Facebook - Stern.

Now a picture of space!

1239889_10151842333334244_1135197041_n.jpg1239889_10151842333334244_1135197041_n.jpg

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

EE = Enterprise Edition
I have no Monopoly of the truth and lots of things are rumors until confirmed. At one point Stern was discussing the new board set and though they kept it under wraps they conveyed what they wanted to accomplish.
Truth is EE is Enterprise Edition - I will eat crow if this is wrong.
Napabar - From your previous posts you have a lot of crow to eat as you have been dead wrong almost 100% of the time. I do not feel I am arrogant, just sick of you putting everyone else down claiming pkp matters and what not. You put down MusketD who is a good friend and I take offense to that. So in essence I change my statement to you are becoming a "tool" To you are someone with zero credibility and should be ignored. Part of the fun in this hobby is gathering all of the little tidbits companies release and getting excited about what's coming out. You seem to think a LCD is happening. You are the only one that thinks this without any facts to back it up. Stop putting people down and my opinion of you will change. I will certainly cease putting you down when your BS stops.

1. Not debating the EE thing at all.
2. Please, oh please, cite where I have been dead wrong before in a post here on Pinside! If you're referring to the Tron Premium thing, that was just wishful thinking, and we still don't know yet what Stern is doing with Tron.
3. I asked for proof, and neither you or MusketD have provided it. I'm not the one making insider claims. I am basing my statements on common sense, historical evidence, and a bull-headed gut feeling.
4. In summary, you are the person with zero credibility since you cannot provide any proof. It is, therefore, you who should be ignored. Put up or shut up.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Whats the LE price for this one?

The LE price is supposed to go up $500 from what Metallica LE was, so I'm guessing $7700 dealer price with a $8095 MSRP.

#314 10 years ago

I certainly hope there is $500 worth of improved quality to justify that increase! It's amazing how fast NIB prices have climbed.

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Facebook - Stern.
Now a picture of space!

They're making a pin based on Gravity, the new Alfonso Cuaron movie. Surprise!

Quoted from Craig:

I certainly hope there is $500 worth of improved quality to justify that increase! It's amazing how fast NIB prices have climbed.

Don't hold your breath.

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The LE price is supposed to go up $500 from what Metallica LE was, so I'm guessing $7700 dealer price with a $8095 MSRP.

So going by this link 73% of people are not getting a Star Trek

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/at-what-price-would-you-not-buy-an-le-or-an-nib-for-that-matter

#317 10 years ago

Napabar,
I think the main problem I have with your comments was that you came off as knowing something which you apparently did not. All you had to say was that you are predicting something based on certain knowledge or experience, and that would be okay with me. I may agree or disagree, but I respect your opinion.

When you state persistently and emphatically as a fact something you do not know, you come across as a fool.

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Napabar,
I think the main problem I have with your comments was that you came off as knowing something which you apparently did not. All you had to say was that you are predicting something based on certain knowledge or experience, and that would be okay with me. I may agree or disagree, but I respect your opinion.
When you state persistently and emphatically as a fact something you do not know, you come across as a fool.

I'm only a fool if I'm wrong. If I'm right, I'll be vindicated.

#319 10 years ago

Since its Monday and Stern updated that cover photo. As in the past I am guessing we will get a new hint everyday until the big unveil later in the week.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

I'm not sure this is totally true.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not sure this is totally true.

History is full of examples otherwise......

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Since its Monday and Stern updated that cover photo. As in the past I am guessing we will get a new hint everyday until the big unveil later in the week.

Yup, giving most people here a case of the pin blueballs........

#323 10 years ago

We haven’t even seen any pictures of it yet but, I'm calling it now. Best game ever hands down. If there was a rating up for it, I'd be giving it solid 10s across the board for the initial code release.

Sorry I wanted to be the first to say it this time.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

3. I asked for proof, and neither you or MusketD have provided it. I'm not the one making insider claims. I am basing my statements on common sense, historical evidence, and a bull-headed gut feeling.

So all of your statements have been based on nothing but "common sense, historical evidence, and a bull-headed gut feeling"? Your statements were so emphatic I had thought you actually new something others didn't. Instead, you're just speculating. You have no more idea than anyone else. (Yet you insist on stating it will have an LCD for sure)

Quoted from Napabar:

No 'splainin yet! It might not even be Star Trek!
I only said Star Trek would have an LCD, not necessarily Stern's next Pin.

I guess we will see soon at least.

#325 10 years ago

I don't know why you guys are getting excited that image clearly means we're getting Iron Maiden next (sorry I had to conjure up some silliness from the old Metallica pre-reveal thread.)

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

So you are admitting that you are a fool?

At this point a DMD has been confirmed by multiple sources and distributors. Pricing is also confirmed to be higher.

So Napabar is a fool. Now can we move on? Or are you still insisting on a LCD?

#327 10 years ago

Hrmm... what IF.. they're actually going to announce Futurama Pinball? With Hypnotoad LE?

Some interesting links I found..

http://www.sternpinball.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=34

Only 2 machines HAVEN'T been made on this list...Twilight & Futurama.

http://www.sternpinball.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=36&Page=3

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

At this point a DMD has been confirmed by multiple sources and distributors. Pricing is also confirmed to be higher.

They only fool here is you Hank. Once again dodging proof to your "insider" status. What's next? You going to tell us you were in 'Nam with Ritchie? Jackass.

#329 10 years ago

How about you guys stop the name calling and attacks. We will know soon enough and this will be an epic call out. Off to the store to stock up on more popcorn.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How about you guys stop the name calling and attacks. We will know soon enough and this will be an epic call out. Off to the store to stock up on more popcorn.

Same Here. Settle down guys. Pinball is fun, Remember?

#331 10 years ago

I'm meeting Shatner at Ohio Comicon. I'll ask him. He'll know. (And there WILL be pics!)

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have some insider information that there will be no DMD! It will also have no LCD, old school score reels and a kinetoscope will round out the visual interface. Stern has been working on new flippers that are controlled with metal dots on the cabinet like an old touch lamp. No more flipper buttons. The game will also have no legs, just some eye bolts to hang it from the ceiling. There will be 300 plush tribbles packed in under the glass making the game essentially unplayable but also kind of shitty too look at. My insider says pricing will actually go down, somewhere near the price of The Pin. They are going for quantity this time around, the Addams Family record will be broken on this game. They are going to have LED lighting on the cabinets, the whole side will be strips of super bright white LED's (60,000 of them if my source is right). If you are questioning the accuracy of my post may I direct you to my PKP rating. I talked to a guy who went to expo once in '95 and he heard all of this stuff as well. He lost all of his money in the economic downturn and spends most of his time hanging out inside of a dumpster smoking meth behind a burger king but he is a solid dude and I trust him. His PKP is pretty high as well so you should trust him too.

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quoted from Napabar:

They only fool here is you Hank. Once again dodging proof to your "insider" status. What's next? You going to tell us you were in 'Nam with Ritchie? Jackass.

Both of these comments violate the first rule of PinSide.

#334 10 years ago

Un-following this post. I will check it no longer. I've said what I need to say.

I'll start a new one up once Star Trek is announced.

#335 10 years ago

Sunfox, get your sleuthing skills ready to quote the heck out of Napabar when ST hits.

#336 10 years ago

"You told me it would be ready last week"

spock-death-grip-nerve-pinch.jpgspock-death-grip-nerve-pinch.jpg

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Hrmm... what IF.. they're actually going to announce Futurama Pinball? With Hypnotoad LE?

This seems highly unlogical.

#338 10 years ago

This seems highly unlogical.

No jabs intended......

illogical[1].jpgillogical[1].jpg

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Both of these comments violate the first rule of PinSide.

2nd rule of pinside don't violate first rule of pinside.

I do apologize I just cannot stand the way Napabar is acting which is making me act the fool. So I will agree I was acting like an ass. the guy is just rubbing me the wrong way by criticizing others that are more in the know than he will ever be.

I do wish him the best and no hard feelings.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I have some insider information that there will be no DMD! It will also have no LCD, old school score reels and a kinetoscope will round out the visual interface. Stern has been working on new flippers that are controlled with metal dots on the cabinet like an old touch lamp. No more flipper buttons. The game will also have no legs, just some eye bolts to hang it from the ceiling. There will be 300 plush tribbles packed in under the glass making the game essentially unplayable but also kind of shitty too look at. My insider says pricing will actually go down, somewhere near the price of The Pin. They are going for quantity this time around, the Addams Family record will be broken on this game. They are going to have LED lighting on the cabinets, the whole side will be strips of super bright white LED's (60,000 of them if my source is right). If you are questioning the accuracy of my post may I direct you to my PKP rating. I talked to a guy who went to expo once in '95 and he heard all of this stuff as well. He lost all of his money in the economic downturn and spends most of his time hanging out inside of a dumpster smoking meth behind a burger king but he is a solid dude and I trust him. His PKP is pretty high as well so you should trust him too.

Unplayable and shitty to look at? sounds like ::insertgamenamehere::

Did I troll that right?

#341 10 years ago

You guys are gonna be so disappointed when Stern announces The Great Space Coaster pin on Friday.

The "Gary Gnu" LE is already sold out!

GSC.jpgGSC.jpg

#342 10 years ago

You´re all totally wrong.
It will be for sure : The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy !!!

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Futurama would be a sight unseen instant LE pre-order/purchase for me even if I have to sell of some current stuff

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

You´re all totally wrong.
It will be for sure : The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy !!!

Cool theme for a pin but probably way too misunderstood.

So Long and Thanks for All the fish!

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

So Long and Thanks for All the fish!

Wizard mode!

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Unplayable and shitty to look at? sounds like ::insertgamenamehere::
Did I troll that right?

No you're supposed to put WOZ AND AC/DC in that spot for everyone get mad at, then you get almost everyone.

The way you did it just makes everyone put OTHER peoples pins in that blank hehe

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If I see enough posts like this I will of course recant my statement and accept my shame

Fan of the movies as well. Downloaded them the other day. I didn't realize people didn't like them generally? I thought they were overall pretty well liked, meh.

#348 10 years ago

Look what showed up a day early!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I was hoping mine would show up a day early too, but no dice.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Was that with the collector's edition prop? I think it was supposed to be a phaser with electronic effects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-getting-the-star-trek-announcement-this-week/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.