(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago

Beta testing should be done by the manufacturer on their own time. A beta machine is not a released game.

If they are still doing local beta testing, that would be a good thing, unless they called them "shipped production machines". That would be dishonest.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ludicrous or not, I know of at least two customers I have that have done this very thing. Show up at the door of a complete stranger and introduce themselves and ask to see/play their games.
LTG : )

Did they actually get in? Can't say I would let some stranger into my house that hadn't had the basic courtesy to at the very least contact me ahead of time.

"Sure, come on in... the games are in the basement... down in the pit... next to the lotion and the basket."

#165 11 years ago

Ironically, the other day my wife saw a WOZ article on some nonpinball WOZ website. She came right over to me and wanted to know why we had never told her about a WOZ pin and why we don't own it if we own all these other pins. She's tolerant of pinball in the house, but not entirely on board, and has never shown any interest in the past. Now she wants a WOZ.

I had to break it to her that I would never pay this much for a game and that the one we know of that will be going on location is probably going to be so expensive per credit that we won't be playing that one much either.

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am with you on this, Hitch9, there are more serious issues then bitching about when a game arrives, or lack of patience, or the overwhelming societal view of "entitlement".

There is no "sense of entitlement" problem when a person has entered into a contract, paid up front, and the product was not delivered in the timeline laid out within the contract. That's not social entitlement. That is legal entitlement.

Most vendors deliver on time, and if they do not, there are concessions made to the customers so that they are not left in this exact state of WTF. The simple business fact here is that JJP is abusing the faith of their customer base and they are unhappy about it. The only reason his business hasn't failed is because of the nearly unique nature of his product. That has bought him a certain amount of leverage but that leverage is disappearing quickly.

#404 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wow. That was more comprehensible. See what a bit of thought and punctuation can do? (Lesson to all Pinsiders!)

Most of them seem to think that is actually pronounced "puncthed u in the faceion".

#406 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Great Avatar, Chad! ''So....what shall we talk about...''

"Let me show you what I am used to..."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack?tu=chadtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.