(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif

There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 6 years ago

Or is this like lottery winners where you want to keep your identity secret

Or do we have a bigger controversy brewing? I know, really don't need another Woz delivery thread but some day one early adopters are getting antsy....

Can't wait to play this baby!

#2 6 years ago

Not #814

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Or do we have a bigger controversy brewing? I know, really don't need another Woz delivery thread but some day one early adopters are getting antsy....

I don't quite understand why JJP is doing what they are doing. Seems like a lot of mystery for what should be a momentous occasion, I do feel for the guys that thought they would be some of the first called. That has to be frustrating to no end.

#4 6 years ago

What was said in his calls though? Maybe he's making an agreement that they get their game early but telling them to not mention certain things if there is code issues still being ironed out. It is odd that for their first game they aren't celebrating the initial deliveries and making a fanfare

#5 6 years ago

Why wouldn't the first people who ordered be the first ones to get it?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Why wouldn't the first people who ordered be the first ones to get it?

Because the shit isn't ready one could speculate

If games are not shipping to real normal buyers then it's obvious what is happening here.

If games are going to real folks then we are in for a dozen reviews, pics, vids & etc.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If games are not shipping to real normal buyers then it's obvious what is happening here.

Shipping to Moe and Larry?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It can only mean one thing....it must be good news. Right?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PM sent

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shipping to Moe and Larry?

"Wise guy eh? Why I outta"

If there were 12 folks getting a game shipped tomorrow they'd be on Pinside bragging already I'd think. I know I would

PM sent... Pfffft whatever

#12 6 years ago

I figured I was one of the very first to order a WOZ. I've had no phone calls . . . .

#13 6 years ago

Would you ship the game. In its current condition? I wouldn't. Period!

#14 6 years ago

A guy on the jjp message board was told by jack that he was the third buyer of woz. He didn't get a call.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Wise guy eh? Why I outta"
If there were 12 folks getting a game shipped tomorrow they'd be on Pinside bragging already I'd think. I know I would
PM sent... Pfffft whatever

No, I am not getting one this week. I am way back on the list. I ordered about 13 months ago.

#16 6 years ago

Seems like they may ship out woz with way less code than a stern game. I hope that's not the case. That would be a terrible move.

#17 6 years ago

Maybe he was calling to say goodbye as he was still committed to "laying in front of the truck" as shipments started with woefully unfinished code

Yeah, that's cold. But all this price jiggery pokery has me grumpy

#18 6 years ago

I feel for you WOZ guys, this shit never ends.

Best of luck

Hope to see & hear something from real home owners soon.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man, I was wondering when *someone* would post this thread! Thanks Ice.

I can't believe that anyone who is on Pinside who got a notification would want to keep it quiet. They should be as excited as a kid on Christmas morning, and would want to tell anybody who might be interested. I.e., US!

Can you tell us more about the "dirty dozen"? Did Jack say that's how many of them are shipping this week?

Quoted from pinmanguy:

What was said in his calls though? Maybe he's making an agreement that they get their game early but telling them to not mention certain things if there is code issues still being ironed out.

If he is doing that, it would be the worst thing he could do if it ever got out. Kind of like what happened when he increased the price of LOTR LE on those who had pre-ordered it from him and told them if they posted about it on RGP he would pull the sale.

It is odd that for their first game they aren't celebrating the initial deliveries and making a fanfare

Couldn't agree more! Where is the fanfare? They should be making a huge deal out of this. Posting pics on their website of pins being shipped etc. Get people excited and talking about WOZ shipping. Why isn't that happening?

#20 6 years ago

I don't know what the dirty dozen but I overheard the owner of Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH talking about how she recently had a personal conversation with Jack and how she's getting a low number WOZ.

Makes sense seeing how she runs one if the biggest pinball arcades in the US.

#21 6 years ago

Wonder if pinball hall of fame in Vegas is getting one right away.

#22 6 years ago

It's inevitable that the early shipments of WOZ will cause a ruckus. I'm just going to sit back and relax. Clearly the software is not ready anyway. I'm thinking Ill get mine in June with decent code. It's going to be a great game!!!!!

#23 6 years ago

I think it is in poor taste to be implying that Jack is a liar

Yes the machine is overdue
Yes there have been problems
Yes the machine will ship with incomplete code

But this just means he underestimated the job, not that he is dishonest

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Who did that?

#25 6 years ago

I know of two people who ordered the game before it was publicly announced , neither one is going to post here that their machine is on its way.

#26 6 years ago

No call for me #259 and I got in very early, No biggie for me i'm just glad we are close and games are finally gonna be leaving the warehouse.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Seems like they may ship out woz with way less code than a stern game. I hope that's not the case. That would be a terrible move.

Jack made fun of sterns for having unfinished code and said personally at his seminars that he would never release a game with unfinished code.

#28 6 years ago

I believe there is a gag order in effect. Similar to the one for LOTR.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I believe there is a gag order in effect. Similar to the one for LOTR.

At least you've learned to use the words "I believe" on these conjectures of yours.

But yeah, Jack did say he wouldn't ship incomplete software, but clearly developing an entire pinball platform turned into a far more time consuming ordeal. I note he hasn't made that claim in quite a while - probably well over a year.

In the end, I'm not as worried about a game merely coming out with incomplete software, as I am with an obviously incomplete game having erratic updates and no guarantee of eventual completion (see: almost every recent Stern). I expect programming work for WOZ to continue as top priority at JJP, and for updates to be frequent, until such time as Keith's happy and even jaded Pinsiders can declare it finished.

And if that's not the case... well, I'm sure there are plenty of non-WOZ owners who will be more than happy to gloat to all of Pinside about it!

#30 6 years ago

I know of two people who ordered the game before it was publicly announced , neither one is going to post here that their machine is on its way.

Why? I'm assuming its already on the way then since shipping has already started this week...

A "gag order" is ridiculous...so what if the code is incomplete, we already know that, AND every little deficiency is going to get ripped to shreds, we already know that.....

#31 6 years ago

I'm #902... where's my call?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Jack made fun of sterns for having unfinished code and said personally at his seminars that he would never release a game with unfinished code.

That is clearly not going to be the case.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

It's inevitable that the early shipments of WOZ will cause a ruckus. I'm just going to sit back and relax. Clearly the software is not ready anyway. I'm thinking Ill get mine in June with decent code. It's going to be a great game!!!!!

I think June is more like October

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is clearly not going to be the case.

Heck, if he releases a game which does not require the use of a dremel out of the box I will be doing cartwheels.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? I'm assuming its already on the way then since shipping has already started this week...
A "gag order" is ridiculous...so what if the code is incomplete, we already know that, AND every little deficiency is going to get ripped to shreds, we already know that.....

because they are both modest people, they signesd on to support Jack, not for 'I got my machine first' bragging rights

#36 6 years ago

because they are both modest people, they signesd on to support Jack, not for 'I got my machine first' bragging rights

By the way, distributors do not count in the first shipped watch.

#37 6 years ago

This project has more drama than General Hospital....

#38 6 years ago

Yes the machine is overdue
Yes there have been problems
Yes the machine will ship with incomplete code

If someone says one thing, then does another, what would you call them?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

so what if the code is incomplete, we already know that, AND every little deficiency is going to get ripped to shreds, we already know that.....

True. But the question is why this is the case?

Answer: because Stern gets ripped to shreds with every deficiency, especially with regard to incomplete code. Many WOZ buyers indicated in various WOZ threads that one reason that they bought WOZ was because it would have complete code, unlike Stern. When you add to that the fact that Jack said that he wouldn't release a pin with incomplete code, and it looks like he will, people are going to point out the hypocrisy. Rightly so, IMO.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Depends on whether it was a bold face lie or honest mistake.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rightly so, IMO.

Indeed. Also how he slammed Stern over and over at shows about flippers. Whats one of the biggest talked about things with woz.......flippers.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Depends on whether it was a bold face lie or honest mistake.

Last payment due Dec. 2011, as production begins.
Honest mistake?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Working their butt off to make the best damn machine possible!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Answer: because Stern gets ripped to shreds with every deficiency, especially with regard to incomplete code. Many WOZ buyers indicated in various WOZ threads that one reason that they bought WOZ was because it would have complete code, unlike Stern. When you add to that the fact that Jack said that he wouldn't release a pin with incomplete code, and it looks like he will, people are going to point out the hypocrisy. Rightly so, IMO.

I agree that we should not get incomplete code. From what i read Jack called these guys and asked if they want their games now or later and wait for completed code. We all know Jack is way behind schedule so i guess he is just trying to get the production line moving, personally i am way back on the list so by the time i get my game the code will be complete! That being said in my mind the WOZ code will never be complete unless Keith is in his grave. If he thinks of something 2 years from now that he wants to add to the game, i think Keith will code it and it will be a simple download to get the update for end users.

#45 6 years ago

The flippers are fine, I've played the game at various stages of code & I've never had an issue with flipper strength. I think it was just a case of a certain machine having an issue possibly? Anyway according to Jack himself, some people do not want to wait any longer for their machine so that's why he's releasing the game without finished code. I could care less when I get mine, I've waited almost 2 years already what's a few more months to wait for completed code? I think there will be updates down the road which is fine by me. The machine that was at the PinballSTAR party last Saturday did not have the most recent updated code in it. I believe the game will be very solid once finished & will have a ton of things to do in it. I think Jack (and this is my opinion) is just tired of hearing people bitching "where is my game?" & has finally just caved & decided to start shipping them. Just wait & see what unfolds, the game has a lot of potential to be very challenging & full of fun!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. We all thought Jack was a visionary, turns out he's just a salesman.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Working their butt off to make the best damn machine possible!

Hmmm, I thought we were talking about Jack.
I feel for his employees, and game buyers. I am one.

#48 6 years ago

Great movie.

#49 6 years ago

Maybe it's more simple than that. Maybe a truck is being loaded to ship them out to buyers close to the Chicago campus. That would make sense. Beta testing - but close to the team to check on each one individually as/if problems occur.

Frank

#50 6 years ago

Beta testing should be done by the manufacturer on their own time. A beta machine is not a released game.

If they are still doing local beta testing, that would be a good thing, unless they called them "shipped production machines". That would be dishonest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Winter Haven, FL
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside