(Topic ID: 45074)

Anyone part of the WOZ Dirty Dozen already "called" by Jack...

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 408 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dldL6.gif
lineup.jpg
animated_predator.gif
image.jpg
box.JPG
images_(6).jpg
golden_egg.gif
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Answer: because Stern gets ripped to shreds with every deficiency, especially with regard to incomplete code. Many WOZ buyers indicated in various WOZ threads that one reason that they bought WOZ was because it would have complete code, unlike Stern. When you add to that the fact that Jack said that he wouldn't release a pin with incomplete code, and it looks like he will, people are going to point out the hypocrisy. Rightly so, IMO.

Exactly, and deservedly so, it was one of those dumb salesy comments that is going to come back and bite him hard......I think its funny and will make for some good drama for a while....

My point is, ship the pins and take your lumps and quit the secrecy and "gag orders"....

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

because they are both modest people, they signesd on to support Jack, not for 'I got my machine first' bragging rights

It's doesn't have to be about "bragging rights"....the rest of us owners would like to know the details of what, when, how, etc....so we can guage when we are getting ours...I don't care if it comes from them or Jack

#53 11 years ago

Although it is super sucky that the game might ship with 40% code, I really think that it is for the best:

1. If JJP should go under, I'd rather have my incomplete game in my basement, than no game at all.

2. This lets JJP keep things moving production wise. This way he can have 800 games already shipped by Christmas when the code is done - rather than waiting for the code and THEN have to start building games next year.

3. If the flippers still are not strong enough, like they were in the Ohio show last month, we can start looking for a solution ourselves.

4. Let the modding begin!!!!!!!!!!!

#54 11 years ago

You mean things aren't running smoothly since I quit paying attention to this mess? Huh. Who would have ever guessed? Wish someone would have been more prophetic about this stuff, like a year ago. *shrug*

#55 11 years ago

I think maybe Jack backed himself into a corner with the games will be shipped in March, and now is shipping those dozen games to supporters who are less vocal/ more private and will not be part of a public lynching . Seems like many out there can't wait to rip into jjp . There will be problems, that Jack will fix , and the code updates will keep coming. The game is a visual wonder , and Keith will take care of game play.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

I think maybe Jack backed himself into a corner with the games will be shipped in March, and now is shipping those dozen games to supporters who are less vocal/ more private and will not be part of a public lynching . Seems like many out there can't wait to rip into jjp . There will be problems, that Jack will fix , and the code updates will keep coming. The game is a visual wonder , and Keith will take care of game play.

My thoughts exactly - I bashed him in more then a few threads... I expect to be part of the last dirty dozen...

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

If someone says one thing, then does another, what would you call them?

President of the United States of America? Any politician in office? I don't know, what?

#58 11 years ago

Well, you guys know that I have been one of the biggest kool aid drinkers and cheerleaders from day one!

At this point, I'm thrilled to be getting close to receiving the pin I paid for and can't wait to enjoy it...

So much of the whining, bitching and complaining we are seeing now could have been avoided by Jack himself with some detailed communication as to what position you have in the delivery order, its not like they haven't had two years to get that info out......the communication aspect of the whole process is getting really frustrating at this point, Jack says pins will begin shipping this month "period" and then we get the mysterious "dozen phone calls" made...just tell us where we are at....

I love the project, its gonna be awesome but this idea that some people have about it being such a "thankless endeavor" and all the tough issues that go into making a pin is mind boggling to me, ok, I get that and thank you all you guys, but.........YOU..........decided to go into this business, accept our money, then take deposits on pin #2.......it's a ...............BUSINESS........no excuses,

And like any BUSINESS, a little bit of accurate communication goes a long way!!!!!

You can't always just tell everybody what they want to hear....judgment day is upon us, let's go

#59 11 years ago

Bet a few of those phone calls where to MN

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This project has more drama than General Hospital....

Have you been watching General Hospital?

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, you guys know that I have been one of the biggest kool aid drinkers and cheerleaders from day one!
At this point, I'm thrilled to be getting close to receiving the pin I paid for and can't wait to enjoy it...
So much of the whining, bitching and complaining we are seeing now could have been avoided by Jack himself with some detailed communication as to what position you have in the delivery order, its not like they haven't had two years to get that info out......the communication aspect of the whole process is getting really frustrating at this point, Jack says pins will begin shipping this month "period" and then we get the mysterious "dozen phone calls" made...just tell us where we are at....
I love the project, its gonna be awesome but this idea that some people have about it being such a "thankless endeavor" and all the tough issues that go into making a pin is mind boggling to me, ok, I get that and thank you all you guys, but.........YOU..........decided to go into this business, accept our money, then take deposits on pin #2.......it's a ...............BUSINESS........no excuses,
And like any BUSINESS, a little bit of accurate communication goes a long way!!!!!
You can't always just tell everybody what they want to hear....judgment day is upon us, let's go

Ice I agree 100%. Jack has dug his own hole on WOZ a few times. If he had communicated with his buyers more forthrightly he would have many more owners understanding his dilemma's.

This seems to be another classic case if Jack would communicate a list of the order that games were ordered and ship in that order a lot of misunderstandings will be averted.

Ice you could contact him personally on this point.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

This seems to be another classic case if Jack would communicate a list of the order that games were ordered and ship in that order a lot of misunderstandings will be averted.

Ice you could contact him personally on this point.

Seems simple to me, just a list.....we have daily contact, input and communication with Jpop and I don't know what is so hard about this, but I'll wait until the fallout over the weekend and see what happens and then call.....

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Minnesota?

#64 11 years ago

This guy must be stressed.. It looks like at the very least there will be some foots in mouths.

I hope you all get your games soon!

#65 11 years ago

Rule #1 of Crisis Management: Get the bad news out early and honestly. People are forgiving and customers will respect you for doing so. It's when bad news is delayed or cryptically relayed that bad feelings are created.

Frankly, unless you have skin in the game, you really have no standing to complain or criticize. Expecting that on any pinball site, however, is not realistic. We all know that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. And many here like to pass odorous gas.

There's a good deal of debate currently on the private forum and Jack has indicated some type of update is forthcoming. Better information will probably be revealed later this weekend.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This guy must be stressed.. It looks like at the very least there will be some foots in mouths.
I hope you all get your games soon!

He just went on vacation - very late game and he still goes on vacation... grumble at this point at least its been fun to talk about WOZ

#67 11 years ago

yeah i was just poking fun at the MN guys a little. I hope the game ships soon myself. I want to see what all the fuss is about.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Human.

We all make mistakes.

It is what we do next that is important.

Jack is getting games out the door. Updates will come.

What's the problem ?

And anyone getting a WOZ wanting the software complete, just call Jack and ask. I'm sure others will gladly move up the list to get theirs earlier.

LTG : )

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Maybe it's more simple than that. Maybe a truck is being loaded to ship them out to buyers close to the Chicago campus. That would make sense. Beta testing - but close to the team to check on each one individually as/if problems occur.

Wrong.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, and deservedly so, it was one of those dumb salesy comments that is going to come back and bite him hard......I think its funny and will make for some good drama for a while....
My point is, ship the pins and take your lumps and quit the secrecy and "gag orders"....

All will be forgotten about incomplete code if the Hobbit (and future pins) have complete code.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I don't know what the dirty dozen but I overheard the owner of Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH talking about how she recently had a personal conversation with Jack and how she's getting a low number WOZ.
Makes sense seeing how she runs one if the biggest pinball arcades in the US.

I'm going to have to give Sarah a visit!! Actually I'm heading there this weekend anyway. She sold my Twilight and I got some monies coming in...

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And anyone getting a WOZ wanting the software complete, just call Jack and ask. I'm sure others will gladly move up the list to get theirs earlier.

Well that makes complete sense.

#73 11 years ago

Pinside actually caused this double post with the lag.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Human.
We all make mistakes.
It is what we do next that is important.
Jack is getting games out the door. Updates will come.
What's the problem ?

Many were definitely mistakes only made worse by Jack's own stern-sucks-and-we-wont-make-the-same-mistakes statements. Announcing a machine was shipping last year was not a mistake IMO. Knowing where the machine is today I find it impossible to believe he actually thought anything would ship.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Maybe it's more simple than that. Maybe a truck is being loaded to ship them out to buyers close to the Chicago campus. That would make sense. Beta testing - but close to the team to check on each one individually as/if problems occur.
Frank

It would make more sense to deliver in NJ if that was the case. The builders and techs are in the main office in Lakewood, NJ.

#76 11 years ago

I don't want my WOZ until the new workers have plenty of WOZ assembly experience and the code is solid. So I surely wouldn't want to be first in line.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

None that I've heard of.

And I would suspect Jack and the ones getting games are quiet so they don't get strangers at their house wanting to play it.

I have heard pinheads talking about just going up to a hobbyists door and knocking and asking to play their pins.

Having a WOZ right now would be worse than winning the lottery.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I don't want my WOZ until the new workers have plenty of WOZ assembly experience and the code is solid. So I surely wouldn't want to be first in line.

It would at least be encouraging to those of us way down the list if they were actually being delivered.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None that I've heard of.
And I would suspect Jack and the ones getting games are quiet so they don't get strangers at their house wanting to play it.
I have heard pinheads talking about just going up to a hobbyists door and knocking and asking to play their pins.

I know this is what is being floated on the woz forums but I find this line of thinking to be ludicrous at best.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The President of the United States?

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I know this is what is being floated on the woz forums but I find this line of thinking to be ludicrous at best.

Also, JJP staff and family don't really count as customers in my book. The deliveries need to start to non-JJP affiliated customers.

#82 11 years ago

This thread, comedy gold

#83 11 years ago

golden_egg.gifgolden_egg.gif

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Rule #1 of Crisis Management: Get the bad news out early and honestly. People are forgiving and customers will respect you for doing so. It's when bad news is delayed or cryptically relayed that bad feelings are created.
Frankly, unless you have skin in the game, you really have no standing to complain or criticize. Expecting that on any pinball site, however, is not realistic. We all know that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. And many here like to pass odorous gas.
There's a good deal of debate currently on the private forum and Jack has indicated some type of update is forthcoming. Better information will probably be revealed later this weekend.

This is the classic case of wait for the shit storm then try to fix it. Why not just do it right the first time.

Who could have ever seen any possible trouble coming in the how games will be shipped with guys paid in full and waiting 2+ years? Common sense says put the list out first then ship in the proper order, Duh! Jack is a smart guy but better communication would go a long ways to keeping the natives from getting so restless.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good one Lloyd. I had to read it twice but that one made me chuckle. Damn. My WoZ was just delivered and I just won 32 million dollars. Woe is me.....

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Couldn't agree more.

#87 11 years ago

I will feel a lot better once I hear others have received their games. Too many statements that games will ship for the past years at different times. If I don't see my game by the next Hobbit payment I will not continue with the Hobbit.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Yep. We all thought Jack was a visionary, turns out he's just a salesman.

To be visionary you might actually have to be both. How much sales do you think Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Steve Jobb's had to do to get their technology and vision to the consumer. I'd say ALOT.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

LTG said:

None that I've heard of.

Ludicrous or not, I know of at least two customers I have that have done this very thing. Show up at the door of a complete stranger and introduce themselves and ask to see/play their games.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ludicrous or not, I know of at least two customers I have that have done this very thing. Show up at the door of a complete stranger and introduce themselves and ask to see/play their games.

Did they actually get in? Can't say I would let some stranger into my house that hadn't had the basic courtesy to at the very least contact me ahead of time.

"Sure, come on in... the games are in the basement... down in the pit... next to the lotion and the basket."

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I also know of about 27 people who like to lie a lot. Doesn't make those rumors true, but still funny stories!

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I also know of about 27 people who like to lie a lot. Doesn't make those rumors true, but still funny stories!

Quoted from LTG:

Do people even open the door for strangers at the door anymore? I know we do not most of the time.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

Did they actually get in?

In at least one case, yes. The home owner let the person in.

#94 11 years ago

Jacks call to arms.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do people even open the door for strangers at the door anymore? I know we do not most of the time.

I do all the time. Most of the time people selling stuff and I like to be entertained by whatever they have. My favorite is the people trying to sell meat from the truck.

#96 11 years ago

It seems nothing is what it seems

Games to ship Dec 2011

Production started March 2012

2013 shipments tomorrow to no one we know

Riiiight

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Someone showing up to a house with a large collection just knocking on the door is somewhat believable. Crazy, but believable. A stranger showing up someone's house because of woz, nope. =)

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

because of woz, nope. =)

Knee slapper. Good one Chuck.

#99 11 years ago

You guys are funny. I waited 3 years to get my Sorcerer playfield rescreened. Man, imagine waiting 2 years for a pinball machine made from scratch?

It will ship when it ships. Deal with it. There are other things in the world that could use the attention that this whole thing is getting.

#100 11 years ago

Nothing like waiting for the last day of the week to let us know what is going on. I really hope that we get some kind of solid answer tomorrow about when we will get our games.

I was really looking forward to hearing some great reviews from the first people to get their games. It's starting to look like we won't hear anything or see any home videos. This was supposed to be a celebratory type of week and now it seems it's one of secrecy. Looks like we may be in for ANOTHER let down. I hope I'm wrong.

Pappy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.