Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    Image_1.jpg
    P1242123.JPG
    P1242122.JPG
    GooGone.jpg
    5.jpg
    money.jpg
    powder.jpg
    Snidely.jpg
    clap.gif
    dewey_defeats_truman11.jpg
    creatues-and-adams.jpg
    There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 11 years ago

Dang it and I had a plan......stay up all night....coffee and vote, coffee and vote!!!!!

#202 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I will vote for Rob's AFM if he agrees to that color!
    Otherwise still blue sparkly FT

LOL. Classic! That's what this thread should be about: fun!

Quoted from DrBoomson:

LOL i appreciate you!!!

I gave you a thumbs up for that one too!

#203 11 years ago

I'll vote for Rascal_H but only if he does the green and/or fish scales.

#204 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'll vote for Rascal_H but only if he does the green and/or fish scales.

DEAL!!!!!

#205 11 years ago

i'll vote for Rascal H but only if Pinchroma does my machine!!! Ah that fixes the inaccurate grammer in those previous statements

#206 11 years ago

I'm already trying to picture what it will look like with my crude Photoshop

creechLegs.jpgcreechLegs.jpg

I used a weird filter. It would probably have more gold with the green.

#207 11 years ago

Creature would look awesome in that purple sparkle as well. Check earlier in the thread. It would match perfectly

#208 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Creature would look awesome in that purple sparkle as well. Check earlier in the thread. It would match perfectly

If I win I'll send you my stuff and let you go nuts. You're the pro!

Alright, enough pandering from me.

#209 11 years ago

Hey, what about the grammer mistakes, you know like when you said "his" you really meant "mine"...Do I have to remind you guys what happens when you ignore the grammer police....hmmmmm

#210 11 years ago

A vote for Hilton and his FT.

#211 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

It's not a contest, Alex is here "Dancing for Nickels" so you guys will "Maybe" send him some work. What a complete joke!

" Dancing for Nickles " !!! LOL !!!!

#212 11 years ago

I'm gonna vote for johnwartjr's TZ.
    If he wins what colors would you consider....mild or over the top?

#213 11 years ago

A black Afm would look sick with the right touch of powder coating. And since robs Afm is one hell of a beater; I vote for his!

#214 11 years ago

I vote for Rascal.

#215 11 years ago

My vote goes to Rascal, he lost his job of 15 years and could really use a pick me up. Great guy and around the North East he is considered a top notch person to deal with. He love's and takes care of his pins like they are his children. You will not find anyone more deserving!

#216 11 years ago

WOW!> 70plus post since the last time I logged on...

edited >> I might as well vote for myself after looking though the tread and seeing a few new members that signed up today and made there first post a vote in this thread

I hope a machine which is being restored by a noob and normally does not get the P I M P treatment wins

On a personal level, it would be super fun to be able to bring a decked out FT to MGC in March to let everyone see/play the final product.

If I am so lucky to win, Alex can feel free to do whatever he wants (he is the pro) or he could even put some options up in a poll and let the community decide.

Either way, thanks again for the contest Alex!

Just think... Fish Tales could turn from this >>>

into this >>>

#217 11 years ago

My vote goes to Rascal too!

#218 11 years ago

Come on guys let's have some votes for my Star Race; afterall she is a vet of the route wars, having endured countless hours of battle with drug riddled adolesents, and the alcohol sodden adults of the 80's! (me and me ) She deserves a badge of honor!!!! damagedinbattle.jpgdamagedinbattle.jpg

#219 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I need to take some pics but I just picked up a CV, traded my AC/DC for it.... Love CV but am having some traders remorse too because ACDC is awesome and was of course mint. Now if you could do my CV in that wild green color you showed the other day it would make this game so much more awesome!!!! And a keeper for sure haha anyhow would be totally awesome to win something like this !! I have thought about getting it down but just can't put the money into this game right now.

Quoting myself so you know my entry was in on time Anyhow I wish I had a really awesome reason for you to do my CV but I dont. I can say if it got the POWDA it would make it a keeper for me for sure and will be shared with the local community as we have a pinball league down here(FLiPS) and I will probably host again or bring it with me to an event or the APE to show off your awesome work I have some various medical expeneses etc.. and cant justify spending the money on this right now but it sure would mae my year if it was done! I am thinking of going with this color which you suggested and I know lots want to see it on a CV. So vote for me because I am an all around nice guy and this would look insane on my game!! Lots of pics will be shown. Perhaps it will motivat me to restore the playfield! haha

Oh and JPOP is on this thread! Hopefully he will vote for his amazing design LOL !

Quoted from jpop:

which show did you win at? Jpop

P.S. Congrats on winning that contest your work does look awesome! untitled.jpguntitled.jpg

#220 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not even kidding I have it in stock. I did some chicks Bentley continental GT wheels in that color.

Show me a pic. Maybe I can convince the wife on Rollergames. She loves hot pink.

#221 11 years ago

I don't have one on the car but I have a bottle I sprayed. When I get to the shop ill take a pic. Whenever I shoot a new color or interesting combination I shoot an aluminum bottle sample. It's always a pretty good indicator what something will look like on a part

#222 11 years ago

Alex, congratulations on the shop wins! You do some really killer work. Very nice of you to offer a free powder for a lucky pinsider.

I vote for Whysnow and his FT. I think its cool that he intends to bring it to a show for all to enjoy.

#223 11 years ago

I vote for RobT

#224 11 years ago

1 Vote for Hilton and FT

#225 11 years ago

Rascal_H gets my vote, I want to see that Creech dolled up!

#226 11 years ago

OT but can you powder coat golf carts? I use one on our campground and I can only imagine how sweet it would like with some of those beautiful colors!

#227 11 years ago

I vote for RWH's Star Race. I think the older pins need some love.

--Luke

#228 11 years ago

I vote for the water logged TZ... that whole game needs to be powder coated

#229 11 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

OT but can you powder coat golf carts? I use one on our campground and I can only imagine how sweet it would like with some of those beautiful colors!

I've done a bunch of golf carts. I'm not even kidding. Wheels and metal risers that hold the roofs mostly.

#230 11 years ago

I bet that looks good too. If you have a picture lying around of some golf carts you've done, I'd love to see them! (sorry to get this off topic, back to the pins, and another vote for Chad!!)

#231 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It's not a contest, Alex is here "Dancing for Nickels" so you guys will "Maybe" send him some work. What a complete joke!

" Dancing for Nickles " !!! LOL !!!!

Totally classless. B_R, I have a lot of respect for you and we have talked on the phone and you seem to be a really cool guy but this kind of stuff really needs to stop...I mean really grow up already!
    If you don't like the guy then keep it to yourself, I don't think he (Alex) has done anything awful or cross to any Pinsiders and he seems to be honest and do great work...so just leave it at that.
    Dancing for nickels huh? I guess you don't ever go to Home Depot for flooring when its on sale right? Or McDonalds for a 2 big macs for $2 special? It's called advertising and I think his ploy is perfect with probable success. You B_R should understand that more than most being a self-employed person.
    Have a Great Day...keep flippin'

#232 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I vote for Rascal.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My vote goes to Rascal, he lost his job of 15 years and could really use a pick me up. Great guy and around the North East he is considered a top notch person to deal with. He love's and takes care of his pins like they are his children. You will not find anyone more deserving!

Quoted from bjoechamp:

Rascal_H gets my vote, I want to see that Creech dolled up!

Buddies! Thanks!

#233 11 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Totally classless. B_R, I have a lot of respect for you and we have talked on the phone and you seem to be a really cool guy but this kind of stuff really needs to stop...I mean really grow up already!If you don't like the guy then keep it to yourself, I don't think he (Alex) has done anything awful or cross to any Pinsiders and he seems to be honest and do great work...so just leave it at that.Dancing for nickels huh? I guess you don't ever go to Home Depot for flooring when its on sale right? Or McDonalds for a 2 big macs for $2 special? It's called advertising and I think his ploy is perfect with probable success. You B_R should understand that more than most being a self-employed person.Have a Great Day...keep flippin'

To stick up for BR that was not his comment somebody elses...I think he just thought the term "dancing for nickels" was funny. BR seems like a standup guy from what I can tell.

BR please vote for me since I stood up for you LOL JK man!!

P.S. I will dance for a powder coat

#234 11 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Totally classless. B_R, I have a lot of respect for you and we have talked on the phone and you seem to be a really cool guy but this kind of stuff really needs to stop...I mean really grow up already!
    If you don't like the guy then keep it to yourself, I don't think he (Alex) has done anything awful or cross to any Pinsiders and he seems to be honest and do great work...so just leave it at that.
    Dancing for nickels huh? I guess you don't ever go to Home Depot for flooring when its on sale right? Or McDonalds for a 2 big macs for $2 special? It's called advertising and I think his ploy is perfect with probable success. You B_R should understand that more than most being a self-employed person.
    Have a Great Day...keep flippin'

Prob should be jumping Exejet more than B_R. To be honest, I found it funny as well, but I'm pretty sure Alex's work stands out for itself WAY more than this contest..

#235 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Isn't that the point of every promotion ever done by a company? It's a way to advertise. Nothing wrong with that.

--Luke

#236 11 years ago

business-man_cheer.jpgbusiness-man_cheer.jpgOkay I didn't want to have to cheer for myself but you guys are gonna be difficult!

cheerleader.jpgcheerleader.jpg dog-gone_I_need_your_vote.jpgdog-gone_I_need_your_vote.jpg Dog-gone it I need your vote!!!

Need I say more

#237 11 years ago

I vote for Rascal's Creech.

#238 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wowee! This would be perfect timing for me!
    I finally got my grail - CFTBL. Right now it's pieces are scattered all over my floor and I'm doing my most thorough shop job to date. It's definitely a keeper.
    I would love black powdered legs and rails! Or maybe CREATURE GREEN!
    Vote for me! I'm unemployed and poor! LOL

If I don't win I vote for Shredso!

I'll vote for Rave or Rascal. Both great guys and doing great work on their own.

#239 11 years ago

I need your vote need_your_vote_cheer.pngneed_your_vote_cheer.png

Funny how hard it was in my baby's day to tell the players apart from the machine....

70_s_jive.jpg70_s_jive.jpg need_your_vote_cheer.pngneed_your_vote_cheer.png I need your vote

#240 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

To stick up for BR that was not his comment somebody elses...I think he just thought the term "dancing for nickels" was funny. BR seems like a standup guy from what I can tell.

I believe him to be also, which is why I probably should have said I expect more from him. The over the top for me was not only the post but the thumbs up. Just sayin I for one am getting tired of the immature actions...that all. Love ya B_R!

#241 11 years ago

Shouldn't you have to be doing your own restoration to be considered for this contest? I think anyone can farm work out. Just curious...

I vote for John Wart Jr.

#242 11 years ago

I can't vote for myself so I vote for Rascal. I definitely want to see someone win that is doing all of the work themselves. Creech would be great with some custom colors.

#243 11 years ago

Count my vote for RobT too!!

#244 11 years ago

Star race VOTE HERE>>>>>

Pinbal_C.jpgPinbal_C.jpg

#245 11 years ago

Rob t and that poor classic need all the help possible. I vote for Rob

#246 11 years ago

I'm giving my vote to Rascal_H, that Creech should look awesome once he gets done with it.
    Dan

#247 11 years ago

My God Jim you can do it, vote for Star Race Star-Trek-voting.jpgStar-Trek-voting.jpg

Lt. Ohura plot a coarse to vote for that Star Race Star_Race.jpgStar_Race.jpg

#248 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wowee! This would be perfect timing for me!
    I finally got my grail - CFTBL. Right now it's pieces are scattered all over my floor and I'm doing my most thorough shop job to date. It's definitely a keeper.
    I would love black powdered legs and rails! Or maybe CREATURE GREEN!
    Vote for me! I'm unemployed and poor! LOL

If I don't win I vote for Shredso!

I would do creature green, and then add a glow in the dark layer.. Maybe do the wireforms GLITD as well.

#249 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ok. I am going to add a stipulation to keep it fair for everyone.

In order to stop box stuffing from any and all accounts that come out of the woodwork or ones created for the sole purpose of voting, all voters must have at least 1500 karma points.

Does anyone think this is unfair? I just don't want Florida style voter fraud

I had a hanging chad.

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-win-free-custom-powder-coat-a-contest-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.