Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    Image_1.jpg
    P1242123.JPG
    P1242122.JPG
    GooGone.jpg
    5.jpg
    money.jpg
    powder.jpg
    Snidely.jpg
    clap.gif
    dewey_defeats_truman11.jpg
    creatues-and-adams.jpg
    There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am going to make this clear. I am locking the entries and voting at a specific time.
    In the event of a Tie, I will do BOTH games. I am not going to cheat someone out of getting their machine done or make it a popularity contest That's not the intent at all.

This doesn't make sense. You are leaving entries open until 9 pm, but you are letting people vote now?

How can you let people vote when not all the entries are even submitted yet?

#102 11 years ago

No no you mistook this. Entries end tonight. Voting ends tomorrow night. People can vote now, vote later or change their vote later. Makes no difference to me. When voting is locked I will tally. Winner wins.

#103 11 years ago

I'll vote for Chad and his Tron.

#104 11 years ago

What an awesome thread, many great entries!

I am gunna have to vote Whysnows FT too, he's a great pinhead and I can't wait to see what it looks like, it will be truly amazing I am sure. Once I see it I am certain I will have to pull mine and send them to you, heck I should do it now, as my FT mini Play field is currently out at CPR for scanning, good news tho for all FT owners looking to restore!!

101_5934.JPG101_5934.JPG

#105 11 years ago

A great way to show off your work as I bring a game to Expo in Chicago, Pinball at the Zoo and maybe this year one to Detroit. Would be great to have one in contention for awards!

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

No no you mistook this. Entries end tonight. Voting ends tomorrow night. People can vote now, vote later or change their vote later. Makes no difference to me. When voting is locked I will tally. Winner wins.

Then I didn't misunderstand.

It doesn't make sense that people can vote now when all the entries haven't been placed. Voting shouldn't be allowed until after the entries are closed at 9. It obviously puts the late entries at a disadvantage vs the early entries.

But it's your contest!

I want to win too! But I'm struggling to get pictures uploaded from my phone.

#107 11 years ago

I pimped out fish tales would look siiiick! whysnow...whynot?

#108 11 years ago

If I were to win, could I add on and pay for the shooter and the coin door or can those not be powdercoated?

P1212040.JPGP1212040.JPG P1212044.JPGP1212044.JPG

#109 11 years ago

can wireforms get powder or will it just chip off?

FT has some sweet wireforms and if I can do them I would likely do that also (assuming it does not impact performance).

P1212048.JPGP1212048.JPG

#110 11 years ago

i have five possible entries.
    safecracker, afm, bsd, ac/dc prem. and monster bash.

but my vote is for the fish tales, i'd love to see the finished pin with that powder coat.

but to be honest, i plan on sending my hardware to alex anyways, so i guess the voting is moot.

IMG_0089.JPGIMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPGIMG_0090.JPG IMG_0091.JPGIMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPGIMG_0092.JPG

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If I were to win, could I add on and pay for the shooter and the coin door or can those not be powdercoated?

If you win we will work something out.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Then I didn't misunderstand.
    It doesn't make sense that people can vote now when all the entries haven't been placed. Voting shouldn't be allowed until after the entries are closed at 9. It obviously puts the late entries at a disadvantage vs the early entries.
    But it's your contest!
    I want to win too! But I'm struggling to get pictures uploaded from my phone.

I don't think there is a disadvantage to someone entering at the last minute because people can change their vote All they have to do is edit their original post. It gives everyone 24 hrs to initially vote or make sure their vote is what they want it to be

#113 11 years ago

Ok, lets give this a try.

This will be the first pin that I've had restored. It's a pin that I've owned previously, and while that example was fairly nice, it had a few issues that are to be expected from a pin that was obviously on route for several years in a bar (I never did get the cigar/cigarette smell out of it completely). The pin is AFM, and I let that one go because it was still early in my pin career and I was addicted to trying new pins. Can't wait to get one back into the lineup, but this time...I want something special, and have decided to go all out on this one!

I've seen Jim McCune's threads here showing his work, and attention to detail is as good as I have seen. Jim and I had a big argument here at Pinside last summer, and we spoke to each other about it and we were able to see where each other was coming from and worked things out to the point that I have decided to have him do the AFM restoration for me!

And here's the thing: Jim will really have his work cut out for him on this one!

This AFM is a mess. Jim says that it really doesn't matter where he starts from, it will be sweet in the end. So I'm going to attach pics showing what a challenge he will have.

I was going to go with Chrome trim. I was thinking about it, and decided that since most of my other pins already have chrome trim, AFM should be different. I want that pin to be set apart. So I'm thinking of going with the black powder coat. That's where Alex would come in!

One thing that I love about this project is the fact that this pin is truly being saved from the dead. Wood splitting at the seams, tweaked metal hinge, freaking BAILING WIRE on the slingshot, and the fact that this pin had obviously been thrown on its side means that this one was close to being put in the graveyard.

The candidate:

AFM_Beater2.JPGAFM_Beater2.JPG AFM_Beater1.JPGAFM_Beater1.JPG AFM_Beater3.JPGAFM_Beater3.JPG AFM_Beater4.JPGAFM_Beater4.JPG

#114 11 years ago

Charcoal sparkle is by far and away the most common color i do on AFM. Mirror black would be awesome. I have a new color called Steel Sparkle. Its darker than charcoal sparkle and not quite mirror black. It would look awesome on an AFM image.jpgimage.jpg

#115 11 years ago

While I don't have a ton of restoration experience under my belt (just took the plunge into ownership last year), I am pretty proud of my Whirlwind topper restoration. I'll include a few photos here, but I documented the entire process on my website. Here's the perma-link:

http://www.elephanteater.com/8088

Great looking product, Pinchroma. It's no wonder you won all those awards. I'd love to give my grail...er, I mean...Whirlwind machine a little pop with your powder-coating. Thanks for offering this contest.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com firstGameTopper.jpgfirstGameTopper.jpg compareCenter.jpgcompareCenter.jpg compareCorner1.jpgcompareCorner1.jpg compareCorner2.jpgcompareCorner2.jpg DSC06058.jpgDSC06058.jpg DSC06061.jpgDSC06061.jpg

#116 11 years ago

I'd like to nominate my TFTC! Your work would TOTALLY make this machine! Oh, and it will never leave my cold, dead hands!
    Thanks for doing this! This is why I love this hobby, and Pinside!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#117 11 years ago

Sorry to split this up into a couple posts.

(Continued from above),
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

DSC06065.jpgDSC06065.jpg DSC06180.jpgDSC06180.jpg DSC06182.jpgDSC06182.jpg DSC06190.jpgDSC06190.jpg

#118 11 years ago

A couple more of the AFM:

Yes, baling wire!

And that cabinet is splitting at the seam.

AFM_Beater9.JPGAFM_Beater9.JPG AFM_Beater8.JPGAFM_Beater8.JPG AFM_Beater10.JPGAFM_Beater10.JPG

#119 11 years ago

Thanks Alex for this great contest. I would like to add my MM into the mix. I bought it moderately to heavily routed in 2006 with the intention of restoring it then. Two bouts of non-Hodgkins lymphoma since then prevented me from doing anything more than adding a topper, color DMD and cliffys. Finally, at this past year's expo, I was feeling well enough and decided to get a new playfield for a swap. I also got an extra set of trim with the intention of sending it in for powder coating. I'm getting ready to start the restore in a couple of weeks and winning this contest from Alex would be a fantastic way to get started. If this goes well, I hope to powder coat the trim on most of my other games. If selected, your creativity in design selection is encouraged. Here are some pics:

010.JPG010.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Charcoal sparkle is by far and away the most common color i do on AFM. Mirror black would be awesome. I have a new color called Steel Sparkle. Its darker than charcoal sparkle and not quite mirror black. It would look awesome on an AFM

Nice. Do you have a sample pic of the Steel Sparkle?

#121 11 years ago

Ryan, nice job on your first pin restoration project! great pics!

#122 11 years ago

I'd like to submit my TZ that I recently swapped into a Doug Huse cabinet. This would really bring the machine over the top! I'd be fully open to your color suggestions .
    I vote for Johnwartjr! I thought I saved a TZ that was on its last leg; yours is ridiculous! 1352608546054.jpg1352608546054.jpg 1353878558779.jpg1353878558779.jpg 1354933231897.jpg1354933231897.jpg

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Nice. Do you have a sample pic of the Steel Sparkle?

That's it on that bottle.

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's it on that bottle.

Got ya, I thought that was the Charcoal. Probably still too much sparkle for me, so I'd probably go with the mirror black.

#125 11 years ago

Heres my baby my first and only pin...Batman Forever...i worked endlessly getting her into working condition. Just had the habitrails done in a awesome riddler green color. Imagine the rails in a bright Riddler green, it would make this machine one of a kind. You could really show off your custom colors on this thing, plus who doesnt like batman!!!

Phone_314.jpgPhone_314.jpg Phone_316.jpgPhone_316.jpg Phone_318.jpgPhone_318.jpg

#126 11 years ago

Since my brother cleared the PF Whysnow will be using in his FT he gets my vote. Good luck Hilton!

#127 11 years ago

Heres my baby my first and only pin...Batman Forever...i worked endlessly getting her into working condition. Just had the habitrails done in a awesome riddler green color. Imagine the rails in a bright Riddler green, it would make this machine one of a kind. You could really show off your custom colors on this thing, plus who doesnt like batman!!!

These wireforms look familiar? Just finished them for a pinsider.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

These wireforms look familiar? Just finished them for a pinsider.

Hey my wireforms look good!

#129 11 years ago

Certainly do

#130 11 years ago

they look awesome but not mine lol im out in cali

#131 11 years ago

Voting for Batman Forever right here and now. I love seeing pins that are generally overlooked get some love.

#132 11 years ago

Whysnow and FT.

#133 11 years ago

Thanks for offering something like this. Great idea!

#134 11 years ago

I vote Chads Tron....save him from the orange.

#135 11 years ago

I vote for Robs AFM . Rob needs all the help he can get with this project ! It will also be done in steps on Pinside for all to enjoy or hate !

Jim

#136 11 years ago

My vote is for John and his TZ on the first page. Glad to see someone taking a flood damaged machine that might have been destined for the scrap heap and giving it some tlc. The supply of classic machines like that only goes one way and it isn't more!

#137 11 years ago

I think all of the games submitted need your help Alex but my vote goes for Rob's AFM.

#138 11 years ago

I'll add another vote for Hilton's FT

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from kyle051777:

I think all of the games submitted need your help Alex but my vote goes for Rob's AFM.

To be fair....

Mine doesn't NEED it, I just want it. Bad. And I'm broke.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I vote for Robs AFM . Rob needs all the help he can get with this project ! It will also be done in steps on Pinside for all to enjoy or hate !
    Jim

I vote for the AFM black edt you restored for Docscotts last spring, that machine was sick with all the mods and the complete restored finish. Blown away

#141 11 years ago

I vote for "Rob's AFM".

Randy

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Jim

I'll add another vote for Rob's AFM.

#143 11 years ago

My Vote goes to Chad and his Tron .. i guess

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

I vote for the AFM black edt you restored for Docscotts last spring, that machine was sick with all the mods and the complete restored finish. Blown away

Since my AFM is WAY worse than the one that DocScott gave to Jim to restore, and since I'm going to go with the black trim too, I think that this should count as a vote for me!

#145 11 years ago

I vote for RobT and his sorry ass AFM The mirror black would look killer on this game.

#146 11 years ago

Ok. I am going to add a stipulation to keep it fair for everyone.

In order to stop box stuffing from any and all accounts that come out of the woodwork or ones created for the sole purpose of voting, all voters must have at least 1500 karma points.

Does anyone think this is unfair? I just don't want Florida style voter fraud

If people genuinely have a problem with this ill remove the stipulation but I don't think its unfair to everyone to make sure the people voting have established accounts

#147 11 years ago

Some great projects here but I still have a spot in my heart for a FT with a blue bass boat sparkle like we mentioned in the other thread

#148 11 years ago

My vote is for RobT.

#149 11 years ago

I'm tempted to post my AFM resto. it's nothing special. Just another new playfield AFM resto but a local guy ( i think his handle here is pinballmike) made a gorgeous one and now the bar is set way too high. I also have Dr Dude with an awesome story that I purchased twice and brought back to life twice . It would be awesome with some glow in the dark or funky colors on the wire ramps or siderails or legs. This game does not get enough love. If my Dr D won, I promise I will pay full price for the AFM stuff!

2013-01-21_22.52.50.jpg2013-01-21_22.52.50.jpg

#150 11 years ago

RobT gets my vote

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-win-free-custom-powder-coat-a-contest-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.