image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.
#851 9 years ago

What rules for the game would you change if you could?
Thunderstorm definitively needs to score more for the first ramp,
Psycho pops is too hard!less pops/more time,
maybe 20 spins in frightmare!

Also I hate the way the clock keeps going if you start multi ball during a CF!
Not a fan of the auto advancing CRYPT lights after a ball drains.(great for guests tho)

I do love super guillotine and keeper targets.
I think there always my best scoring rounds.

I put a second ball into the captive ball area and took the left post rubber off.
can hit it more often now but sometime I crack it and still I dont get it

#852 9 years ago

the micro switch at the end of the ball trough is not showing up on the dmd when I have the game in switch test mode, It is not working so I am having issues with multi ball, can someone take a look at there switch and tell me if the diode on the switch is supposed to be attached to something? mine is not if you look at the pics , the non banded side is not attached to anything

20140530_071338.jpg20140530_071338.jpg
#853 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I put a second ball into the captive ball area and took the left post rubber off.

That's a pretty good idea.

#854 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

the micro switch at the end of the ball trough is not showing up on the dmd when I have the game in switch test mode, It is not working so I am having issues with multi ball, can someone take a look at there switch and tell me if the diode on the switch is supposed to be attached to something? mine is not if you look at the pics , the non banded side is not attached to anything

Wish you posted this yesterday because I had the playfield up last night to replace flipper coil sleeves. I might have time to check tonight though.

#855 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I am in the club!

Congrats! First thing to do, IMO, is to remove most of the backbox bulbs to reduce the glare it on the playfield from the translite. God that was awful when I first got my TFTC. Took out nearly every white bulb and replaced with color LEDs and even then I still did not populate every socket. Could barely track the ball through the left orbit and in the pops area because of the glare. I can see the glare in your pics.

#856 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Not a fan of the auto advancing CRYPT lights after a ball drains.(great for guests tho)

Noted.

#857 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Congrats! First thing to do, IMO, is to remove most of the backbox bulbs to reduce the glare it on the playfield from the translite. God that was awful when I first got my TFTC. Took out nearly every white bulb and replaced with color LEDs and even then I still did not populate every socket. Could barely track the ball through the left orbit and in the pops area because of the glare. I can see the glare in your pics.

Agreed. I removed over half the back box bulbs to reduce the glare. Much nicer.

#858 9 years ago

Bobbyt, here's a pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#859 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Bobbyt, here's a pic.

image.jpg 167 KB

thank you chad for taking the time to get me that pic, looks like that is my problem, thanks again!

#860 9 years ago
#861 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Agree with more time or less hits required for Pyscho Pops.
Lower amount of spins for Frightmare.

Hmmm...will need to start thinking of things when playing now and also see what input my wife may have.

#862 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

thank you chad for taking the time to get me that pic, looks like that is my problem, thanks again!

that was the problem, working great now, thanks!

#863 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I already had this thought... Was thinking about yellow lights instead... I had thought this before at Pinball Wizard in NH. Can't see anything with the glare. Great call.

#864 9 years ago

Hay. When a ball pops out of the scoop where does it go on your machine?
On mine it always went straight into the outline. Very annoying.
Have it shooting towards the flipper now by moving the coil.

#865 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I already had this thought... Was thinking about yellow lights instead... I had thought this before at Pinball Wizard in NH. Can't see anything with the glare. Great call.

On page 14 of this thread I took pics of the bulbs I installed in the backbox. No glare and the translite looks great. I think I swapped those two lower right greens with another color since those pics, but you can see I don't have all the sockets populated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/14

#866 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Hay. When a ball pops out of the scoop where does it go on your machine?
On mine it always went straight into the outline. Very annoying.
Have it shooting towards the flipper now by moving the coil.

My scoop ejects the ball to the right flipper every time and I can let the ball dead pass to the left flipper every time. Perfect for when multiball and Extra Ball is lit and make that shot.

#867 9 years ago

found this artwork for the TFTC the other day online, thought I would post it here, incase anyone needs it and/or we always know it will be here if needed in the future.
--ed

Tales_from_the_Crypt_MoP_1.pngTales_from_the_Crypt_MoP_1.png
#868 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

Haven't had the opportunity to find out but I'm looking into some lighting options. Open to suggestions as well. I was really pleased with the way the ramps turned out. The powdercoater got the color match with the pf pretty much dead on!

Hey, I saw you are looking for options on the lighting, specifically backlight/UV lighting for your TFTC. I realized that DE TFTC and DE WWFF both have backlight reps once art thgout the PF, way more than I would have thought, and looks AMAZING with BL, so once I saw how awesome they look with BL, I had to figure out some sort of mod for my games, but, I am not too good with electrical modding, so I wanted to make sure to keep it super easy.
I am happy to share here, again (posted it earlier in this thread and in the WWFRR, respectively, for my two games I did)
what I did:
I got the strips of black light LEDs off eBay, which included the power plug and adapter. They have 3m tape on the back of the led strips, so I followed the line for the glass, putting the lights just below the channel for the glass to slide in (found this was a good spot, as it was high enough up on the wall to hit most areas of the PF with the black light's light). Once I had it taped up, I cut the excess of the led strip, which can be trimmed every 3 LEDs. Dropped the wires in to the cabinet, hooked wires up to the power plug. Put a dimmer switch (got from same eBay seller) in the line, and then simply ran a regular extention cord in through the back of the cabinet (moved the grating off of one of the vent holes in bottom of cab, and just put cord in through that).

I am a bit weird when it comes to electronics, as i tend to always worry that something i did may go wrong, or there could be a fault in the electronics i installed. so I made it so that all the controls/power are right by the inside of the coin door. Not only can I control the brightness and intensity of the LEDs, bt I can also unplug the extention cord from the LEDs when not in use.
As you can see in the pic, the BL has an amazing impact with the artwork!
What I like about my mod is that the bulbs shine horizontally, so they are not in your eyes while playing, and because they are flat and are mounted to the side wall of the machine's body, you don't really notice them.
Also, the ease of the dimmer switch is great, as you can make it stronger or dimmer based on your preference and easily adjust if a second player wants more or less -- or off!

Anyway, I hope that was helpful, the mod served me well.
--Ed

TFTC BL mod.jpgTFTC BL mod.jpg
#869 9 years ago

found some cool TFTC artwork online and thought I would share it here, incase anyone wants to use it for pin cards and such.
--ed

2.-cuentos-de-la-cripta.png2.-cuentos-de-la-cripta.png Crypt-Keeper-tales-from-the-crypt-7866223-474-680.jpgCrypt-Keeper-tales-from-the-crypt-7866223-474-680.jpg fatandyz_90171343691047.JPGfatandyz_90171343691047.JPG profiles-in-history-tales-from-the-crypt-crypt-keeper-house-x300.jpgprofiles-in-history-tales-from-the-crypt-crypt-keeper-house-x300.jpg talescryptfeat__span.jpgtalescryptfeat__span.jpg 76BAC3FC402CFB82B82B8384F5B9F.jpg76BAC3FC402CFB82B82B8384F5B9F.jpg
#870 9 years ago

The Crypt Keeper is ready to help you work on your TFTC pinball machine

tfc5.jpgtfc5.jpg

#871 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I am in the club!

crypt.jpg 110 KB

welcome!
the morgue the merrier!

#872 9 years ago

is that "noted" being used for "something"?

#873 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

found this artwork for the TFTC the other day online, thought I would post it here, incase anyone needs it and/or we always know it will be here if needed in the future.
--ed

Tales_from_the_Crypt_MoP_1.png 260 KB

Why can't someone make a topper that lights up that looks like that. Nice.

#874 9 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resurrecting-tftc-a-clearcoat-powdercoat-adventure

Here's a thread I did detailing my game refresh.

Also, does anyone have a guillotine skill shot decal they'd like to sell? I can buy outright or trade for new spinner decals.

#875 9 years ago

What happened to the photos of the most fantabulous TFTC ever? Looking forward to seeing all those mods...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm confident to say this TFTC is the most beautiful one in existence.

Well, let's see the most beautiful TFTC in existence.

#877 9 years ago

Finished the right wall along the left ramp last night. Have a Skull Crackin' mod to finish tomorrow if I have time and then a few other little touches. Need to order a few black light LEDs too.
Pics soon.

#878 9 years ago

Ok, here's the Skull Crackin' mod in progress. Need some more skulls to finish what I'm doing and also need to wire a color changing LED inside, but I tested the LED on my workbench and it's a great glowing effect from the inside of the skull pile.

(ignore the large skull, it's not being used)

photo-481.JPGphoto-481.JPG

#880 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resurrecting-tftc-a-clearcoat-powdercoat-adventure
Here's a thread I did detailing my game refresh.
Also, does anyone have a guillotine skill shot decal they'd like to sell? I can buy outright or trade for new spinner decals.

I may have a spare drop target decal I can send you. I'll check.

#881 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I may have a spare drop target decal I can send you. I'll check.

Sorry, I actually need the decal by the plunger with the dude's head on it. Mine is faded orange. I replaced all of the other decals, but that one is missing. I couldn't bring myself to drop $50 on the full set at Marco.

#882 9 years ago

Just installed new flipper coils and sleeves...wow! Can easily make the left ramp now instead of 1/2 way up or just barely making it around the top curve. MUCH better!

#883 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just installed new flipper coils and sleeves...wow! Can easily make the left ramp now instead of 1/2 way up or just barely making it around the top curve. MUCH better!

Nice, mine are still working strong.

#884 9 years ago

Yeah mine probably were original coils/sleeves. HUGE difference and my wife noticed right away when playing tonight,

#885 9 years ago

I was experimenting with the scoop last night.
i bent it down more and definitely getting less bounce outs.
I have some dampening rubber in work im going to put some between the scoop and the ramp to see if it kills the last of the bounce outs.

#886 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I was experimenting with the scoop last night.
i bent it down more and definitely getting less bounce outs.
I have some dampening rubber in work im going to put some between the scoop and the ramp to see if it kills the last of the bounce outs.

Hmmmm never had a bounce out.

#887 9 years ago

I installed drop dead foam on the left side. No impact to play.

#888 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I installed drop dead foam on the left side. No impact to play.

I am going to try that also, thanks for the info

#889 9 years ago

It's a small piece to cover the exposed wood, about half the size of a postage stamp. I just repaired the scoop and I'm trying to prevent further wear.

#890 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It's a small piece to cover the exposed wood, about half the size of a postage stamp. I just repaired the scoop and I'm trying to prevent further wear.

I installed a cliffy and it bounces out more often now

#891 9 years ago

Where did you buy the dampening foam? I wanted some for another game, but only could find it on one site and they didn't have other items I needed. So didn't want to pay shipping for a piece of foam....cheap bastard that I am.

#892 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Where did you buy the dampening foam? I wanted some for another game, but only could find it on one site and they didn't have other items I needed. So didn't want to pay shipping for a piece of foam....cheap bastard that I am.

will this work? https://www.titanpinball.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=105

#893 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/0500-9851

$0.60. Add it on to your next order. You want thin, black foam.

#894 9 years ago

Never get bounce outs?
I thought every one did.I also have just added a cliffy and fell like its making it harder.

#895 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Never get bounce outs?
I thought every one did.I also have just added a cliffy and fell like its making it harder.

Bounce outs, as in the ball is going in cleanly in the scoop and then bounces out? Can't say that happens to me.

My TFTC came with a cliffy installed and I removed it after several days because it does make it more difficult to make the shot. I have a little wear that was repaired and can't even notice it at all when playing. If I ever sell or trade the pin, I'll just install the cliffy again. But better off without it because it does hinder game play IMO.

#896 9 years ago

Silly question - but anyone notice on the playfield that the psycho pops insert is spelled wrong (psyco)? Just curious....

#897 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the Crypykeeper is saying when you hit the left ramp? Sounds like "fright fear" but that doesn't make sense.

#898 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can anyone tell me what the Crypykeeper is saying when you hit the left ramp? Sounds like "fright fear" but that doesn't make sense.

I think he says "Fright here"... But I could be mistaken.

Since we're on the subject, are you planning a rules update for this game?

#899 9 years ago

Just took a video of the mods completed so far.

Going to replace the shooter lane walls I installed with the walls that match the ones I installed along the Werewolf orbit. Still need to finish and install the Skull Crackin' pile of skulls mod and finish securing the fresh grave over the scoop. Few other touches to finish or add as well. But coming along nicely.

Funny thing about the video is that I had my jukebox playing in the background and Youtube muted the video due to copyright infringement.

#900 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just took a video of the mods completed so far.
Going to replace the shooter lane walls I installed with the walls that match the ones I installed along the Werewolf orbit. Still need to finish and install the Skull Crackin' pile of skulls mod and finish securing the fresh grave over the scoop. Few other touches to finish or add as well. But coming along nicely.
Funny thing about the video is that I had my jukebox playing in the background and Youtube muted the video due to copyright infringement.
» YouTube video

Outstanding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Teays Valley, WV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.