image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 100.
#701 9 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Love the finger flippers mod.....that one always looked like it should have been stock in the game from the factory! It looks perfect and really completes the areaM

Thanks!

My TFTC came with the topper luckily. There are also lights on the top of the box that flash green matching game play, pretty neat.

I agree, the flipper fingers shoulda been stock. - I contacted the gent who made the flipper finger MOD, he says they are a pain in the a$$ to make, but glad he made a set for me!!

I look forward to adding other mods (doll house sized lighted tombstones), but for now I plan on using those figures I/we got on ebay and making them fit above each ramp. I will post pics once they arrive and are installed.

Glad I could help a few Crypt owners with that link.

#702 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Proud new owner of a nice TFTC!
Just wanted to post a link to few trinkets I found on Ebay that I think will work great as custom MODS. I just bought a set, there's only 4 sets left.
ebay.com link
I plan on using them above both the ramps (may have to cut them down etc), will have to find a place for the Elvis one, or just use his head. I coulda swore I saw one of these listed as a MOD on Ebay a few wks ago for like $125 for just one of them.. Here's the set for $25, SCORE!
Enjoy,
Harvs

tftcM.JPG 158 KB

The one on the right is the one John Borg was planning on putting into the game behind the scoop. Check out my gallery here which includes a picture John Borg shared of that same model.

http://www.pinballcode.com/gallery/

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The one on the right is the one John Borg was planning on putting into the game behind the scoop. Check out my gallery here which includes a picture John Borg shared of that same model.
http://www.pinballcode.com/gallery/

Cool. - Once they arrive, I will test fit to find the best spot before modifying the figures.

It seems they ARE worth their weight in gold to TFTC pin owners. I look forward to the pics of/where the others place them.

Thx

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

What's the incline on yours set at?? I'll look at mine but I think I spent some time leveling this bad boy.

Let me try to figure out. I did use the level in the game hidden underneath instructions card on front of game. I like my game to play a little fast. On a side note my shaker just starting working again. Strange. Can't wait to see those mods or anything crypt related eve before Halloween.

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Cool. - Once they arrive, I will test fit to find the best spot before modifying the figures.

Please take photos of how you mod and install these so I can get an idea of how you did it.

#706 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Please take photos of how you mod and install these so I can get an idea of how you did it.

Will do.

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Saw some comments that the cliffy on the scoop reduces the chance of successful shots, and it's true. My pin came with the cliffy installed and I removed it tonight and had a MUCH better success rate of shots into the scoop.

I noticed the same thing when I installed my Cliffy. Not sure if I am just sucking at the moment or if it is indeed reducing my shots.

#708 9 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

I noticed the same thing when I installed my Cliffy. Not sure if I am just sucking at the moment or if it is indeed reducing my shots.

There has been a lot of complaining (or perhaps observations made) about that protector reducing the number of shots that go into the scoop. I don't think it is just you...

#709 9 years ago

Custom mod on the Tales from the Crypt. Used a Walking Dead plastic bank I've had for a few years and cut the base off so it fits in the empty space behind the Living Dead ramp. Waiting for something to arrive for what I think will be a terrific mod above the left ramp area.

10256447_10152338103478158_4287468257989119847_n.jpg10256447_10152338103478158_4287468257989119847_n.jpg

#710 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Custom mod on the Tales from the Crypt. Used a Walking Dead plastic bank I've had for a few years and cut the base off so it fits in the empty space behind the Living Dead ramp. Waiting for something to arrive for what I think will be a terrific mod above the left ramp area.

10256447_10152338103478158_42874... 147 KB

Yeah that does look cool.

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Yes not all shoots sick on well, more challenging as others have suggested. Too bad game was designed 1/2 in off I believe as others have suggested in the past.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Reason #1 why I'm clearcoating my playfield. Plan is to remove the cliffy, repair the damage, paint and clearcoat. That with CPR plastics, tumbled parts, and mirror blades should make for a nice looking game.

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That with CPR plastics, tumbled parts, and mirror blades should make for a nice looking game.

You bet it will, smart move.

#714 9 years ago

Well the TFTC figures arrived and are installed.. Not permanently/fully secured at this point, waiting until I choose the proper LED to go with each. I will then either remove the bracket they rest on and use screws, or attach them from underneath with thin wire. (After a few violent games, no major movements as of now.)

I simply bent the light up, cut a small amount off the bottom of the figure so the wires fit, and (at this point) used very thin wire to secure the left ramp figure. The right ramp figure is snug seeing it is held by the light itself.

I look forward to seeing the other installs people will do. (I'm sure I will hope I waited to copy others, happy now though.)

Here's some pics of the impatient install I did. Took about 15min.

Harvs

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPG photo (3).JPGphoto (3).JPG photo (4).JPGphoto (4).JPG photo (5).JPGphoto (5).JPG photo (6).JPGphoto (6).JPG photo (7).JPGphoto (7).JPG photo (8).JPGphoto (8).JPG photo (9).JPGphoto (9).JPG photo (10).JPGphoto (10).JPG
#715 9 years ago

That does look like a really good place for those--but where is Elvis?

#716 9 years ago

There's been an Elvis sighting.. (He is not in the pin though)

I went with clear lens color changers and the MODS are officially mounted. I'm pleased with the way they turned out, well worth the $27 bucks.

Cheers,
Harvs

photo (11).JPGphoto (11).JPG photo (13)-198.JPGphoto (13)-198.JPG photo (14).JPGphoto (14).JPG photo (12)-672.JPGphoto (12)-672.JPG
#717 9 years ago

Color changers look nice. The one on the right looks like he has a crystal ball in front of him.

#718 9 years ago

That actually looks really good harvs.....simple and not too big and in your face.....very nice

#719 9 years ago

very nicely done.

#720 9 years ago

Thanks fella's!

After changing out a few bulbs under the PF to finish up the color matching, I now can't even play this thing..., While lowering the PF (which is a pain compared to my JD) I think the far back coil/solenoid touched the metal rail... Well, no power to the shooter solenoid, Crypt and far back right solenoid.. Everything else works fine but obviously unplayable.. No blown fuses etc.. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a beer, or 35.

It looks good at least! Ha

#721 9 years ago

A lot of the time when I lift the PF when I put it back inot place the shooter solenoid shorts against the flipper(I think) I have to pull the connecters medially in towards the PF. I have to change the f7 ppb board fuse quite often (3amp)

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

A lot of the time when I lift the PF when I put it back inot place the shooter solenoid shorts against the flipper(I think) I have to pull the connecters medially in towards the PF. I have to change the f7 ppb board fuse quite often (3amp)

Thx for the tip.. I tested with a multimeter and it checks out.

I started a thread, hope this isn't a serious problem.. Damn.

#723 9 years ago

On this topic, if anyone has a good method for raising the playfield, I'd like to hear it. I can never get mine up smoothly.

#724 9 years ago

TO THE GALLOWS!

Whipped up this little MOD this morning out of some scrap cedar. Thought I'd share... - One more MOD to install (Hint: lets go CHOPPING!) and I hope I can get to playing this machine more then messing with it. Ha!

The gallow actually fits well in the back left there, it jiggles a little bit and really adds to that left ramp without blocking anything.

Harvs

tftcg.JPGtftcg.JPG tftcg1.JPGtftcg1.JPG tftcg2.JPGtftcg2.JPG tftcg3.JPGtftcg3.JPG
#725 9 years ago

I like that one too. My 3 little Crypt Keepers came yesterday, they look great but they sure do smell bad.

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

TO THE GALLOWS!
Whipped up this little MOD this morning out of some scrap cedar. Thought I'd share... - One more MOD to install (Hint: lets go CHOPPING!) and I hope I can get to playing this machine more then messing with it. Ha!
The gallow actually fits well in the back left there, it jiggles a little bit and really adds to that left ramp without blocking anything.
Harvs

Really like the gallows pole. If you do a version 2.0, I suggest moving up the ramp more so that the noose is hanging in the empty space..,,or maybe just swing it over that way. Then you can find a figure to have hanging it in. That would look terrific.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Really like the gallows pole. If you do a version 2.0, I suggest moving up the ramp more so that the noose is hanging in the empty space..,,or maybe just swing it over that way. Then you can find a figure to have hanging it in. That would look terrific.

Hmm. I can turn it and it will hang over that empty area. Now to find a tiny realistic type figurine and put a bag over his poor head...

Version 2.0 coming up!

Here is the link to the next MOD I plan on installing. I will take the bottom wood platform off and install it on top of the drop targets (OR in the back far right near the 'electric chair' area.) - It is made of metal so have no worry if a ball jumps and hits it.

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Toscano-Desk-Sized-Guillotine/dp/B001QYE6W2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_7

Before you know it I am going to have so much crap in the machine, It will be unplayable. JK, I'll keep it classy!

#728 9 years ago

Ok here's what I was working on most of the weekend. Started off just planning to use the Keeper's head, but then I realized I could use the left hand on top of the wire forms. From a playing POV, it appears that the Keeper and ramps have merged and his left shoulder and arm are one of the wire forms. Pretty cool effect plus the blue LED installed inside the head for his eyes.

Then I realized I was able to use the right arm holding the candle if I made a metal bracket to secure it at the correct angle for glass clearance. Was planning to use an LED inside the candle, but even better was having enough clearance for the original flickering bulb. Looks tremendous and something that should be there from factory.

IMG_7243.JPGIMG_7243.JPG IMG_7246.JPGIMG_7246.JPG IMG_7247.JPGIMG_7247.JPG IMG_7252.JPGIMG_7252.JPG IMG_7254.JPGIMG_7254.JPG IMG_7259.JPGIMG_7259.JPG IMG_7256.JPGIMG_7256.JPG
#729 9 years ago

Made a video to show the glowing blue eyes and the flickering candle bulb effect.

#730 9 years ago

Yup...looks pretty creepy. Must scare little kids.

#731 9 years ago

Sweet! Looks great! - That flickering candle bulb fits the machine very well. Guess I have a few more MODS to add now.

Another one that I didn't mention was I added a color changer inside the scoop/next to the left ramp. I simply soldered on a bit of extra wire to an LED and wired it to the light above, adds a nice light show when lit. - I've come to realize this Pinball hobby is never ending, always looking to upgrade/modify the pin (while looking for other pins to trade/buy and then MOD them).. Oh no, what did I get myself into? Hahaa..

Cheers,
Harvs

Post edited by Harvs: Pics added

tftcs.JPGtftcs.JPG tftcs1.JPGtftcs1.JPG
#732 9 years ago

PoMC, that looks awesome!!!!

#733 9 years ago

Chop of the morning to ya!!

tctfg-345.JPGtctfg-345.JPG tftcg1-638.JPGtftcg1-638.JPG tftcg2-252.JPGtftcg2-252.JPG
#734 9 years ago

Very cool looking guillotine! Does it block the view of the ball when it's in the bumper area?

#735 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Chop of the morning to ya!!

tctfg-345.JPG 206 KB

tftcg1-638.JPG 172 KB

tftcg2-252.JPG 181 KB

I like what you did there.

#736 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very cool looking guillotine! Does it block the view of the ball when it's in the bumper area?

Thanks. - It doesn't block too much. And the ball is usually in and out of the bumpers quickly so doesn't bother me.

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like what you did there.

Luckily I had a spare cracked plastic that I cut to cover the area above the drop targets. I made my own plexi (thicker) to attach the Guillotine, after a few deep cuts on my hands it was perfect.. I then wired an LED into poor Crypt Elvis's head so the eyes light up.. I do plan on installing a bulb behind the original plastic so that lights as well..

Now to play the damn machine!! Ha..

Thanks,
Harvs

#738 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Luckily I had a spare cracked plastic that I cut to cover the area above the drop targets. I made my own plexi (thicker) to attach the Guillotine, after a few deep cuts on my hands it was perfect.. I then wired an LED into poor Crypt Elvis's head so the eyes light up.. I do plan on installing a bulb behind the original plastic so that lights as well..
Now to play the damn machine!! Ha..
Thanks,
Harvs

All that makes the game fun to look at.

#739 9 years ago

Hey TFTC owners... how hard is it to find individual plastics for this game?

Specifically, the red plastic behind the drop targets??

#740 9 years ago

3 months ago they just ran a batch http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

buy the set...sometimes bay area stocks sets and sells singles. The one you want is the most commmon broken though.

#741 9 years ago

Just installed the full CPR TFTC plastics set. Absolutely gorgeous.

Get them while you can.

Also added Creature Feature flipper toppers from Laseriffic.

RussMyers

IMG_5525.JPGIMG_5525.JPG IMG_5526.JPGIMG_5526.JPG IMG_5531-706.JPGIMG_5531-706.JPG
#742 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hey TFTC owners... how hard is it to find individual plastics for this game?
Specifically, the red plastic behind the drop targets??

If mine ever breaks I'm just going to make a new one out of red plex. Good luck with your hunt.

#743 9 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Just installed the full CPR TFTC plastics set. Absolutely gorgeous.
Get them while you can.
Also added Creature Feature flipper toppers from Laseriffic.
RussMyers

IMG_5526.JPG 215 KB

IMG_5525.JPG 237 KB

IMG_5531-706.JPG 184 KB

I want them to create ones specific for TFTC as well on flippers.

#744 9 years ago

Just looking a repo plastic set.
What the TFTC sign on the right for?
Thanks
plas-crypt.jpgplas-crypt.jpg

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Just looking a repo plastic set.
What the TFTC sign on the right for?
Thanks

plas-crypt.jpg 47 KB

It's a desktop standee.

You put the pieces together using the slots and it stands there and looks cool.

RM

#746 9 years ago

I just finished working painting my TFTC repro topper. I found somebody who was selling repro TFTC toppers, which are made out of styrofoam, and thinker than the original, and he paints them to look just like the original TFTC topper. The styrofoam does MIGHT get some little bubble indents where an air bubble might have been and then popped, but, in all, it is a decent reproduction of the original and the imperfections are easily able to be overlooked when it is the difference between this repro, and no topper, or this repro and paying double or triple for an orginal.

As I said, the seller paints his toppers to look exactly like the original topper, and with this said, I always thought the original TFTC topper was kinda "blah" / "meh" looking-- seemed like they just rushed or cheaper out when it came to the painting of the topper, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, I asked the seller to leave the TFTC unprinted! and I would paint it myself, so I could give it the paint treatment I thought the TFTC topper "should" have stock. I attached a pic below, have a look, hope you like my idea for the painting/color pallet for the TFTC topper!

--Ed

BTW- As you will also notice, I had to shorten my topper, as I have a lower ceiling in my basement, so I had to loose a bit on the overall hight, but I think I was able to loose the needed inches without sacrificing too much of the idea.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#747 9 years ago

Looks great.....but needs a little dripping blood on the Crypt word.

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It's a desktop standee.
You put the pieces together using the slots and it stands there and looks cool.
RM

Thanks!
I guessed it was something like that!
Just got my TFTC a week or two ago and cant wait to do a few mods.
So far Ive put the purple leds in the CRYPT inserts.
looks 100% better!

I plan on changing the bulb holder for the R to get it looking right.

2014-04-25 23.47.23.jpg2014-04-25 23.47.23.jpg
#749 9 years ago

Started my teardown for clearcoat! Have JB Weld drying on the scoop, some light touch ups to follow, then off to clear. Trim and wireforms are with Back Alley Matt for powdercoat. New coin door installed and cabinet touch ups are complete. Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way and tons more. Can't wait to see it done!

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Started my teardown for clearcoat! Have JB Weld drying on the scoop, some light touch ups to follow, then off to clear. Trim and wireforms are with Back Alley Matt for powdercoat. New coin door installed and cabinet touch ups are complete. Flipper Fidelity speakers on the way and tons more. Can't wait to see it done!

Pictures for sure when it's done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.