image (resized).jpg
IMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
20240313_223754 (resized).jpg
20240313_223738 (resized).jpg
20240313_224254 (resized).jpg
IMG_4692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 101.
#1 10 years ago

"AXE-tra, read all about it!"...."I've got good NOOSE for you!":

I thought I would start a thread for TFTC owners/lovers to share tips, info, mods, share pics, ask game specific questions, etc, so we have one thread/resource with everything in it.
Share and enjoy!
"Pleasant SCREAMS!"

#2 10 years ago

Recently ordered and installed the Cliffy hole protector for TFTC, boy-o-boy does it really make a difference!
--ED LI NY

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Hey Ed,
I ordered one but haven't gotten around to installing. Is it easy enough? Any tips?

The more I play this game the better it gets. Took me a while to understand the rules but now I love playing it. Wish the ball wouldn't fly around all the time and hit things, but other than that such a good BFYB machine.

I installed LED's in the inserts and a few in the back box and left the rest as incandescents and it looks amazing. I tried adding some LEDS to the top of the play field (ala under the slingshots) and it was too much. Made my eyes hurt. So I compromised and did all of those as incandescents.

#4 10 years ago

I have blue pinball life 3 LEDs under my slingshots and red 3leds under my outlane plastics and they look great. You also gotta have a red LED under the guys face just above the left side above left slingshot.

#5 10 years ago

Love my TFTC.

Replaced all DE metal posts with B/W plastic star posts
Changed pop bumper caps to green
Rebuilt both VUKs
Full shop job teardown, clean, polish
LEDs throughout, color-matched to inserts
Color changers on the Jackpot inserts and the Skull Crackin'
John Kassir signature on custom laminated apron cards
Clear pincab protectors
I have a restored topper, but ceiling is too low in current house

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999418@N04/sets/72157628068961741/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37999418@N04/sets/72157626758838941/

Maybe hoping for a ChadH code update? More voice callouts?

RussMyers

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Hey Ed,
I ordered one but haven't gotten around to installing. Is it easy enough? Any tips?

Super easy. I removed the plastic ramp, which is two easy screws, them it's just the one post screw that the protector goes under. Maybe 20 minutes, or so, of a job--and so worth it!

#7 10 years ago

I love my TFTC. One of the top DE's for sure.

#8 10 years ago

Love my new TFTC as well. It had a cliffy on it when I bought it. However, apparently the wear wasn't repaired, so the cliffy has actually dented into the wear. If you're going to add a cliffy, repair the wear first (though repainting isn't needed if covered).

Mine came with a full set of LED already, but I like the idea of color changing for the jackpot.

I was also considering the alternate translight, but would need to rearrange the LED in the backbox for the new one. Has anyone LED'd behind an alternate translight?

I'm also trying to locate a set of return lane guides. The manual lists three part numbers, but there are four pieces (not including the butyrate art piece) - two guides stacked. Anyone have a sense as to what parts are which (e.g., piggyback part) and where to get them? I'm considering looking if I can convert to more accessible parts. While other lane guides might not be as long, I was considering putting a post at the top hole (right already has one) and extending a rubber or metal guide between the shorter lane guide and the post.

#9 10 years ago

My wife bought our TFTC so technically I guess she's the owner. Great game. And very popular with guests.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Love my new TFTC as well. It had a cliffy on it when I bought it. However, apparently the wear wasn't repaired, so the cliffy has actually dented into the wear. If you're going to add a cliffy, repair the wear first (though repainting isn't needed if covered).

Exactly. You need to use something like Quickwood epoxy to repair the damage first. Otherwise, the ball will quickly dent the area right back in.

#11 10 years ago

BTW, can someone post a pic of their playfield support legs and where they attach under the pf?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

BTW, can someone post a pic of their playfield support legs and where they attach under the pf?

Oh man, what a coincidence! I was about to post the same request, as the under PF support legs were in the coin box when I bought the game, and I have been trying to figure out how and where hey attach, but have had no luck yet....lol

#13 10 years ago

I need both the left roll under gate assembly and the right one. These switches are not that important but I would like to have a complete game. Anyone know where to find these parts? 500-5657-00 500-5658-00

thanks

#14 10 years ago

I still have fun with mine and searched forever. Here is my recent best. Looking forward to this thread.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Nice job Jack!
Now you just need a DMD glare guard and you would be good to go.

I'm thinking about getting an alt translite. Any thoughts?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I'll try and take some tonight.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I'll try and take some tonight.

thanks!

BTW-- if you are going to have the PF up, would you mind snapping one other pic for me?
If you are cool with it, I could use a pic of:
in the upper LEFT side of the PF, the left loop, just after the left spinner, there are two holes for rollover switches on my PF, but only ONE has a rollover wire coming up to the PF, on mine, the other hole has a switch looking piece, but no roll over wire goes up to the PF, to be rolled over --lol.
I am wondering of both roll over holes should have switch, and both have wires going up to the PF.

#18 10 years ago

Im in fellas! I just realized my T- gate ball gate flap is destroyed....it barely has any metal on it and definitely doesn't look like a T. The ball keeps going back into the lane because of this...and getting hung up there as well. Luckily mr. Cliffy makes these...niiiiice. I am going to order one and new post sleeves as well.

Does anybody know what the left gate switch (when entering the ramp...when facing the machine) triggers?? Each ramp gate has a light above it and a wire gate that triggers a switch as the ball enters it....but I have no idea what the switch is for??

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I need both the left roll under gate assembly and the right one. These switches are not that important but I would like to have a complete game. Anyone know where to find these parts? 500-5657-00 500-5658-00
thanks

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I love my TFTC. One of the top DE's for sure.

Yep, I was pleasantly surprised with how good this game is. Great thing about this game is the price. It's a lot of game for the buck. If this pin would have been made by B/W, the price would easily be doubled. BTW, people that criticize the art, don't know the history of EC comics. This game is very true to the William Gaines vision. This pin is a keeper in my collection.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Replaced all DE metal posts with B/W plastic star posts

That is a great idea.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

BTW, people that criticize the art, don't know the history of EC comics. This game is very true to the William Gaines vision. This pin is a keeper in my collection.

I'll disagree with you about the original backglass art. That's from the HBO show promo art.

That's why I really prefer (and bought) the alternate translite for my TFTC. Uses all EC art (except for the Cryptkeeper, which is the TV Series puppet).

The playfield art? Spot-on EC.

I have a large format TFTC/EC history coffee table book, and on the last page it lists "the ultimate TFTC collectible".

A TFTC pinball machine, natch.

RM

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That is a great idea.

I do that for all my DE games, and recommend that to others.

RM

#24 10 years ago

I'll disagree with you about the original backglass art.

Were still in agreement, I was referring to the playfield artwork that people say is ugly.

I have a large format TFTC/EC history coffee table book

I have that too, along with a full size Keeper.

DSC_0241.JPGDSC_0241.JPG

#25 10 years ago

What's a route fresh re-imported TFTC run theese days? Also im guessing Puerto Rico is still considered a re-import?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I do that for all my DE games, and recommend that to others.
RM

Can you post pictures so I can see.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Can you post pictures so I can see.

Try one of my earlier posts in this thread.

RM

#29 10 years ago

bump for some pics of pf support legs and attaching points

#30 10 years ago

not sure if this is what your looking for.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Were still in agreement, I was referring to the playfield artwork that people say is ugly.

I have that too, along with a full size Keeper.

That full size crypt keeper is awesome....I want one! Where did you get it?!?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

That full size crypt keeper is awesome....I want one! Where did you get it?!?

Thanks. I found him on E-bay. I didn't even know it existed until I was given the EC Comics coffee table book. In the back of that book they have a list of all the collectibles made for Tales from the Crypt and there he was. After I seen that I knew I had to find one and after about 6 months of searching, I found one on E-bay. I got lucky cause mine still had the audio tape with it and the head and speakers still worked too.

#33 10 years ago

I bought a TFTC from a Europe container in rough shape, but pretty good playfield.
I'm planning on getting it in at least "B" shape (I'd say it's a C- right now). I'll try to put up pics along the way.
...oh, and if someone has a door handle for sale...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I bought a TFTC from a Europe container in rough shape, but pretty good playfield.
I'm planning on getting it in at least "B" shape (I'd say it's a C- right now). I'll try to put up pics along the way.
...oh, and if someone has a door handle for sale...

Looking forward to it!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Thanks. I found him on E-bay. I didn't even know it existed until I was given the EC Comics coffee table book. In the back of that book they have a list of all the collectibles made for Tales from the Crypt and there he was. After I seen that I knew I had to find one and after about 6 months of searching, I found one on E-bay. I got lucky cause mine still had the audio tape with it and the head and speakers still worked too.

Very cool!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

not sure if this is what your looking for.

Well, it is what I am looking for, but could you pull back a bit so I/we can see where abouts they are located under the PF-- a shot of the PF tilted up to the backglass, so that you can get the whole underside of the PF would be amazing.

And if you could snap a pic of the underside of the two rollover switches in the upper left of the PF, that would be doubly amazing!

--Ed

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Well, it is what I am looking for, but could you pull back a bit so I/we can see where abouts they are located under the PF-- a shot of the PF tilted up to the backglass, so that you can get the whole underside of the PF would be amazing.
And if you could snap a pic of the underside of the two rollover switches in the upper left of the PF, that would be doubly amazing!
--Ed

I will try to get some pics of this for you, but obviously this is an area on your own machine that need attention.

Can you take some pics of your own game so we can see what you're dealing with?

RussMyers

#38 10 years ago

I'm not sure if mine needs attention or not, lol, as I am simply curious if there are actually 2 rollover switches next to eachother, or if you can simply move it forward or backwards to change the difficulty level, it might also simply be an area that they decided to abandon during production.
In any event, mine has 2 holes for rollover switches, and only one has a rollover arm that comes up to the PF, the other has a switch that is similar to a rollover, but has no arm that goes up to the PF.

#39 10 years ago

Yes there are 2 rollover switches. You're probably missing the wire form.

#40 10 years ago

Hey quick question, I am one to restart games if I have a total crap first ball a lot of times but on my TFTC when I push the start button after the first ball to try and restart a game it goes into a ball search everytime and ends up kicking out all the balls prior to restarting. Anyone else have that happen with this or if not any idea why I would? This was my first Data East so not used to some of the differences maybe.

#41 10 years ago

oh and as for your other request a wider shot pf up (pic 1). And for reference the bolt on the corner of the ball return brackets goes thru the playfield and is used in the end hole as the the anchor points for the support bracket (pic 2)

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey quick question, I am one to restart games if I have a total crap first ball a lot of times but on my TFTC when I push the start button after the first ball to try and restart a game it goes into a ball search everytime and ends up kicking out all the balls prior to restarting. Anyone else have that happen with this or if not any idea why I would? This was my first Data East so not used to some of the differences maybe.

Sorry I've never restarted a game after a crap first ball. I've always played them out and ended up having had some of my best games. You should play the game out for better or worse.

oh and at the moment I'm trying to finish up on mine so I can't even check for you.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

I've always played them out and ended up having had some of my best games. You should play the game out for better or worse.

Nah, my time is precious, I gotta enjoy my play when I can and I hate playing off a crap 1st ball that drained when I didn't even get to hit it.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Yes there are 2 rollover switches. You're probably missing the wire form.

Did you powdercoat your ball guides?

If yes, PICS!!!

RM

#45 10 years ago

Yep, I pretty much powder coated everything. Good eye.
I was really waiting to finish up before posting pics, but it seems there's always one more thing, so I'll post pics this weekend finished or not.

Quoted from bemmett:

Nah, my time is precious, I gotta enjoy my play when I can...

Lately, I know what you mean. And if I had one running, I'd probably be doing just that.

#46 10 years ago

Koolfingers: you rule!
As it turns out, yup, I was missing the wire form. I put a new switch with wire form in, and all is swell now! Your pic is a huge help, and exactly what I needed to confirm what I thought! Thanks!
Also, the wider shots for the support arms are perfect!

#47 10 years ago

No problem EN3, glad to be able to help. That's what makes this place, everyone tries to help out with problems, one way or another.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Same thing on my tales.
My wwf doesn't do the ball search.
Must be specific to the game?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Same thing on my tales.
My wwf doesn't do the ball search.
Must be specific to the game?

Ok that's good, just was wondering if I had a glitch or problem somehow related to that.

#50 10 years ago

I find it so annoying to restart I don't even bother anymore.

Ride it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-owners-fang-club-the-morgue-the-merrier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.