(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,320 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by chaz009
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7D6D54C6-0857-430B-BC5C-89B758AF9426 (resized).jpeg
56523322-17D4-4F18-AF33-D9357F6B4C7C (resized).jpeg
Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertwinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

I've been told by Rick at PPS that repro playfields should be available in the next couple of months.

#60 10 years ago

That NOS translite sold for $355. Crazy!

#77 10 years ago

This may be the alternate translite people are referring to.

elvira_alt.JPGelvira_alt.JPG

#81 10 years ago

BTW, that's NOT my translite. It was on a custom game by GRC.

1 week later
#142 10 years ago

Here's a cleaner link to my EATPM page - http://robertwinter.com/pinball/eatpm/index.html

#148 10 years ago

Yes, as Aurich stated the guy should say "Lights", then all the lights go out, then it says "Organ" and an organ plays as flashers go off in the backbox (IIRC), then Elvira says "Ooooh, nice organ!"

You *may* need to have family mode turned off to hear the Elvira quote at the end

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps.

As stated, CPR did plastics. If you find a set, make sure it's from their second run, which had the correct fluorescent green color. Their first run had a darkish green that looked horrendous (no pun intended).

Aurich had the info about the backglass.

PPS is releasing a repro playfield sometime this year, or so I've been told by them. They used my NOS playfield for reference.

And hopefully, James at Pinball Inc will be doing the much needed ramps.

3 months later
#263 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Just finished lighting up the boogie men.

Nice mod!

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I am now faced with the decision of either taking mylar off playfield and clearcoating or just leave it alone.

Don't forget, repro playfields are coming...

1 month later
#318 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - is anyone replacing a good EATPM translite with a CPR backglass? Or are you keeping the game original?

Have you read Aurich's review? It's the second post down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-new-cpr-backglass-now-available/page/2

Personally, the translite in my HUO game is perfect, so I have no need for one.

1 month later
#381 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I need a new playfield so I can do this right. Don't want to put all this new stuff on a old playfield that needs restoration. I have heard rumors that PPS was having CPR do some playfields but there is not even a place to get on the list. Does anyone have any other leads on CC Playfields?

I spoke with Rick earlier this week and EATPM playfields are still in the queue. No timeframe for production yet but they *will* be made at some point.

6 months later
#635 9 years ago

I just posted this on the Girls of Pinball thread but thought it deserved a post here as well. I snapped this picture when I bought Cassandra's HUO EATPM.

cassandra.jpgcassandra.jpg
#638 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice.... as for any original machine the cabinet colors are faded.... did you let it this way or did you replace the decals?

Luckily only the red Elvira lettering on the right side of the cabinet is faded. Other than that the cabinet is perfect. No scratches, etc.

So to answer your question, I left it original.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

That is super cool! Did she sign it anywhere? Perhaps the boobs?

I remember the first time I had her sign one of my translites. The conversation went something like this -

Cassandra - "Where would you like me to sign? There's a pretty big area right here (points to Elvira's cleavage)"
Me - "No, not there. I don't want you to cover up the good stuff!"

As for her HUO game, I did have her sign the translite as well as inside the cabinet. She broke her cardinal rule of signing for me - she signed them as Cassandra Peterson. Her rule is to only sign Elvira items as Elvira. I have other EATPM and SS translites that she has signed as Elvira, but I'm glad she was willing to make this one-of-a-kind exception.
eatpm_autograph.jpgeatpm_autograph.jpg

10 months later
#825 8 years ago

Since CPR changed their pre-order page, it sounds like they're abandoning their 12-18 month delivery promise, which would have put the EATPM playfields at the end of May 2017 within that 18 month window. I guess they were being overly optimistic.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160211233142/http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

Added over 8 years ago: Date should have been May 2016.

1 month later
#856 8 years ago

New ramp set on Ebay just sold for $420.

9 months later
#936 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Finally got my hands on a nice eatpm!! Now we just need Elvira 3 to swap out the Addams family

Good things come to those who wait...

5 years later
#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Which one? How many plays? What condition?
Mine’s a little rough, and if I can’t fix it I might be interested in replacing it with a pristine one.

Mike is selling EATPM. It can't be Dennis' HUO SS as I own that and Dennis still has his EHOH.

1 year later
#2198 4 months ago

Had a custom topper made for my game. (and yes, I have the green Xpin displays as well)

20240110_195953.jpg20240110_195953.jpg
20240110_200013.jpg20240110_200013.jpg
20240110_200021.jpg20240110_200021.jpg

#2202 4 months ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

That’s beautiful! So much nicer than the original or the repro! I’d absolutely buy one if you/they want to make more.

Contact user CYUniversal (Lalo). I had mine made 24" wide to match the EHOH topper width which sits next to it. You can go larger or smaller. Price will adjust accordingly.

#2205 4 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Talking to Lalo now, how’s the quality? Anything you’d change or do differently?

The quality is excellent. It's USB powered so you'll need a small wall/plug adapter. It comes with an inline electronic dimmer that I unplugged and am not using.

20240114_162344.jpg20240114_162344.jpg

The edge light can be a different color if you like. I thought green looked the best. Red might also look good. He also offers back lighting at no extra charge if you want to light the wall behind the topper. I opted for no backlight.

Here's a mockup Lalo did with red edge (and before we centered the Bally logo)

EATPM red mockup.jpgEATPM red mockup.jpg

I does looks a *litttle* dark when it's not plugged in (which is to be expected) but really comes to life when turned on.

20240114_161153.jpg20240114_161153.jpg
20240114_161324.jpg20240114_161324.jpg

The unit is sealed and non-serviceable as far as I can see. Hopefully I'll never need to open it up.

20240114_162426.jpg20240114_162426.jpg

Don't think I'd do anything differently. I *might* have made the Bally logo a little larger, but I'm happy with how it looks. Like I said, I went with 24" width to match my EHOH topper width. His next size up is 26" which would probably look really nice.

#2207 4 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

How did you mount?

I haven't mounted it yet - it currently just sits up there. I may attach angle brackets to the backbox and use adhesive velcro to attach the back of the sign to the brackets. Not sure where the lights are mounted inside so I don't want to screw into the back.

The sign itself is fairly light so it shouldn't take much to secure it.

2 weeks later
#2225 3 months ago

I'm glad you took a picture of the package before opening it. Lalo packs these very well with lots of protection. I was impressed before I even opened mine.

Did you go with 24" or larger?

#2230 3 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I went 24” with EATPM and he did a 24” JJP GnR for me. Even though these put out ample light I was/still on the fence with backlighting. Thought it might be overkill!?!

I passed on backlighting and have no regrets. I want the topper to be the highlight, not the wall behind it.

2 months later
#2305 32 days ago

One of these is not like the other...

20240414_155259.jpg20240414_155259.jpg
#2307 32 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Oooof. I had that happen to me once too. Hope you have a spare!
Chris

Luckily I had a couple of spares in the coin box. Was back up and playing in 10 minutes.

PBL does carry them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-flipper-bat-with-ridges-yellow.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 69.99
$ 49.99
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miramar, FL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertwinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=robertwinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.