(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,320 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by chaz009
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7D6D54C6-0857-430B-BC5C-89B758AF9426 (resized).jpeg
56523322-17D4-4F18-AF33-D9357F6B4C7C (resized).jpeg
Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2251 3 months ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

The post man had a special delivery for me today new playfield looks great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful playfield. I think they did a fantastic job with the art and color scheme on eatpm. The bright green for the crypt kicker/skull mountain lock, purple for the pops and a sorta sunburst for the center area. It’s colorful without being overly so, which I feel some recent Stern pins are guilty of. Venom, FF, GZ, TMNT, etc. Instead of a certain dominant color or colors, it seems Stern simply selects “all.” It does afford lots of options for powder coating tho! All 3 Elvira pins have very cool, very different art packages. I love the look of SS’s cabinet, and its unique 3D backbox. And 3 very good examples of 3 different eras - alpha numeric solid state, then mid-90’s dmd, then “modern” lcd with a very innovative haunted house mech. All cool games. Good luck w the new playfield!

#2252 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Beautiful playfield. I think they did a fantastic job with the art and color scheme on eatpm. The bright green for the crypt kicker/skull mountain lock, purple for the pops and a sorta sunburst for the center area. It’s colorful without being overly so, which I feel some recent Stern pins are guilty of. Venom, FF, GZ, TMNT, etc. Instead of a certain dominant color or colors, it seems Stern simply selects “all.” It does afford lots of options for powder coating tho! All 3 Elvira pins have very cool, very different art packages. I love the look of SS’s cabinet, and its unique 3D backbox. And 3 very good examples of 3 different eras - alpha numeric solid state, then mid-90’s dmd, then “modern” lcd with a very innovative haunted house mech. All cool games. Good luck w the new playfield!

Totally agree, I'm hoping to come across a decent state scared stiff that I could restore next to close out the set.

2 weeks later
#2253 76 days ago

Joined the club today! Wish I could say it is staying but it’s only here so I can clean it up for my father in law. Until then I can have some fun with her!

IMG_0032 (resized).jpegIMG_0032 (resized).jpegIMG_0033 (resized).jpegIMG_0033 (resized).jpegIMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpeg
#2254 76 days ago

Does anyone have the modesty decal for the backbox? Don't care if original or a remake.

Chris

#2255 76 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Does anyone have the modesty decal for the backbox? Don't care if original or a remake.

I have one. I don’t think it has ever been remade.

Quoted from kyle5574:

(picture in this post)

#2256 75 days ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I have one. I don’t think it has ever been remade.

Any interest in selling it?

Chris

#2257 73 days ago

Any interest in selling it?

Nope, sorry. They pop up for auction occasionally.

#2258 73 days ago

If possible have it scanned, or send it on loan to someone who can so then it can be reproduced for the community! ... I don't personally want one but just an idea

#2259 73 days ago

Pretty sure I have one left, I’ll look tomorrow.

#2260 72 days ago

Chris

Chris check with https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG480 their page says they have them. Part of the backing came off of mine or I'd offer it up.

17097370313483904729032353142418 (resized).jpg17097370313483904729032353142418 (resized).jpg
#2261 72 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Chris check with https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG480 their page says they have them. Part of the backing came off of mine or I'd offer it up.
[quoted image]

Those are both for Scared Stiff not EATPM.

#2262 72 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

Thanks I'll check with them on that.

Quoted from Pbpins:

Those are both for Scared Stiff not EATPM.

I did see that but hoping they are similar or might work on EATPM.

Chris

1 week later
#2263 66 days ago

Can anyone advise if the boogie men assembly coils has a diode on it? My old one did not but the replacement I got does.

Chris

B5542D44-D890-43E1-8555-F7FCBC108585 (resized).jpegB5542D44-D890-43E1-8555-F7FCBC108585 (resized).jpeg
#2264 66 days ago

Can anyone advise if the boogie men assembly coils has a diode on it? My old one did not but the replacement I got does.
Chris
[quoted image]

It does not have a diode.

#2265 66 days ago

Not great, but I think it's a scan, not just a picture...

modestydecal-01 (resized).jpgmodestydecal-01 (resized).jpg

#2266 66 days ago

Chris
[quoted image]

My replacement coil came with a diode and blew a transistor immediately, so you should remove it.

#2267 65 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

It does not have a diode.

Quoted from billsgto:

My replacement coil came with a diode and blew a transistor immediately, so you should remove it.

Thank you

#2268 65 days ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Not great, but I think it's a scan, not just a picture...
[quoted image]

I think I have some original ones, I’ll check when I get home

#2269 65 days ago

Me again! Since this was blowing fuses, I need to insure the last person knew what they were doing.

In this photo, the two violet/yellow wires would go on the LEFT lug, is that correct?

IMG_0195 (resized).jpegIMG_0195 (resized).jpeg
#2270 65 days ago

Me again! Since this was blowing fuses, I need to insure the last person knew what they were doing.
In this photo, the two violet/yellow wires would go on the LEFT lug, is that correct?[quoted image]

Doesn’t matter, since diodes are on the circuit boards.

But if you’re anal, put it on the same side as all the other coils.

On my machine it was the left side. But my coil was oriented different. I’d suggest swapping how yours is mounted, to get the lugs away from the coil stop.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2271 65 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Doesn’t matter, since diodes are on the circuit boards.
But if you’re anal, put it on the same side as all the other coils.
On my machine it was the left side. But my coil was oriented different. I’d suggest swapping how yours is mounted, to get the lugs away from the coil stop.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I am still confused about the diodes / no diodes on the coils but that's a me problem.

This machine I bought because the playfield was pretty nice. I played it before I bought it. Played strong, but the boogie men didn't work. I was ok with that. But now it's blowing fuses and I'll have to dig into it to try to find out why. F7 blows now (the 50V AC fuse). This should be fun.

Chris

#2272 65 days ago

I am still confused about the diodes / no diodes on the coils but that's a me problem.

On this era of game (and WPC), the diodes for all coils, other than flippers, are located on the circuit boards.

So you can hook the power and ground to either lug on the coil, as the diode is on the other end of the wire (at the board).

Since flippers are double wound, they have to be handled differently.

#2273 65 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

On this era of game (and WPC), the diodes for all coils, other than flippers, are located on the circuit boards.
So you can hook the power and ground to either lug on the coil, as the diode is on the other end of the wire (at the board).
Since flippers are double wound, they have to be handled differently.

Thank you. Appreciate your help. Now to figure out the other gremlins.

Chris

#2274 65 days ago

But now it's blowing fuses and I'll have to dig into it to try to find out why. F7 blows now (the 50V AC fuse)

Input side is J8 on the aux power driver board, then goes to BR2 (bridge rectifier), then gets filtered in C1 & C2, and through F4, F5, F6, then output at J12.

If you unplug J12, does the fuse still blow? If so, start by checking BR2, then the capacitors.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2275 64 days ago

Thank you.

All tested okay. I replaced the fuses, and connect the boogie men coil again. The machine seems to be back to normal now. Played about 20 games with no issues. I’m still not sure what happened but will keep an eye on it.

Started the topside tear down and that’s, well, not fun. So is there any way to remove the Monster Slide ramp? I hate when they run through the rear panel???!?!?

IMG_0206 (resized).jpegIMG_0206 (resized).jpeg

#2276 64 days ago

Thank you.
All tested okay. I replaced the fuses, and connect the boogie men coil again. The machine seems to be back to normal now. Played about 20 games with no issues. I’m still not sure what happened but will keep an eye on it.
Started the topside tear down and that’s, well, not fun. So is there any way to remove the Monster Slide ramp? I hate when they run through the rear panel???!?!?
[quoted image]

I just did a top and bottom side tear down. The ramp is two separate ramps that butt together behind the panel and rest on a metal bracket. There is one screw that holds them there.
IMG_9171 (resized).jpegIMG_9171 (resized).jpeg

IMG_9281 (resized).jpegIMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
#2277 64 days ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

I just did a top and bottom side tear down. The ramp is two separate ramps that butt together behind the panel and rest on a metal bracket. There is one screw that holds them there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome thank you! I had no idea it was 2 pieces. I feel silly now.

Thanks again!

Chris

#2278 64 days ago

Awesome thank you! I had no idea it was 2 pieces. I feel silly now.
Thanks again!
Chris

There are a couple of write ups on the teardown with ramp replacement and plastics, it is a tedious process to get to the ramps. I've documented it with some photos and there is a posted YouTube video (not mine) of the teardown with some helpful tips.

#2279 64 days ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

There are a couple of write ups on the teardown with ramp replacement and plastics, it is a tedious process to get to the ramps. I've documented it with some photos and there is a posted YouTube video (not mine) of the teardown with some helpful tips.

Thanks, I'll have to look for those. Some things they did just baffle me. I'm not new to tearing down machines but this one seems especially odd with some of the stuff they did.

Chris

#2281 63 days ago

Thanks, I'll have to look for those. Some things they did just baffle me. I'm not new to tearing down machines but this one seems especially odd with some of the stuff they did.
Chris

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/35#post-7249223

#2284 63 days ago

Thanks to all here and the links shared, made significant progress today.

Can thank the group enough!

IMG_0208 (resized).jpegIMG_0208 (resized).jpegIMG_0209 (resized).jpegIMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
#2285 62 days ago

Does anyone have a source for these decals? I didn’t see them for sale at any of the usual places.

IMG_0226 (resized).jpegIMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
#2286 62 days ago

Does anyone have a source for these decals? I didn’t see them for sale at any of the usual places.[quoted image]

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/elvira-and-the-party-animals-playfield-decal-set.html

#2287 62 days ago

That link doesn't work
Chris

Sorry about that, not sure why it copied wrong. Good luck, this games is worth it

#2288 62 days ago

Cleaning is well under way! I know Williams and Bally did this, but as someone who is looking for a Black Knight 2000 I was slightly saddened

Black Elvira? Elvira 2000? You decide!

IMG_0230 (resized).jpegIMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
#2289 61 days ago

Cleaning is well under way! I know Williams and Bally did this, but as someone who is looking for a Black Knight 2000 I was slightly saddened
Black Elvira? Elvira 2000? You decide! [quoted image]

Recycling of left overs from previous runs at the cabinet maker....no games got slaughtered here

#2290 61 days ago
Quoted from harig:

Recycling of left overs from previous runs at the cabinet maker....no games got slaughtered here

Oh I know that. Just found it funny. Most of my System 11 machines have something else in this spot as well, and my CarnEvil arcade game has cabinet wood in it from Cirqus Voltaire :O

It's actually a good use of scrap wood that would normally be tossed. At least I have Part of a Black Knight 2000. LOL

Chris

#2291 60 days ago

My machine has almost the exact same design on that piece, never knew if it was intentional or a repair, glad to see it's how it left the factory.

#2292 57 days ago

Starting to reassemble the resto/playfield swap. Glad I took a ton of photos when I took this thing apart.

IMG_1502 (resized).jpegIMG_1502 (resized).jpegIMG_1501 (resized).jpegIMG_1501 (resized).jpegIMG_1500 (resized).jpegIMG_1500 (resized).jpegIMG_1498 (resized).jpegIMG_1498 (resized).jpegIMG_1497 (resized).jpegIMG_1497 (resized).jpegIMG_1496 (resized).jpegIMG_1496 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpegIMG_1494 (resized).jpegIMG_1494 (resized).jpeg

#2293 57 days ago

Starting to reassemble the resto/playfield swap. Glad I took a ton of photos when I took this thing apart.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great! How was the CPR playfield? I don't have the gumption to do a playfield swap. I really admire those that can!

Chris

#2294 57 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good, I just installed new ramps, plastics, and new ring kit. Man, I thought that was hard. You have me beat.

#2295 56 days ago

Looking great! How was the CPR playfield? I don't have the gumption to do a playfield swap. I really admire those that can!
Chris

Pretty happy with it, none of them are perfect, only a couple small imperfections that you won't really notice when playing. It's all in the prep on putting these things back together.

Quoted from pyrotech:

Looking good, I just installed new ramps, plastics, and new ring kit. Man, I thought that was hard. You have me beat.

This is my second one, I did a full resto (new playfield/cabinet) on my getaway last year. Every screw hole on the top has to be ground (slightly) with a cone grinder attachment on my Dremel and then pre-drilled with a bit a size or two down. Super tedious and time consuming, and that's all before you get to the trouble shooting lol.

1 week later
#2296 46 days ago

The plastic cover on my dead heads display (on the right side of the internal backboard) has yellowed. Anyone have a source on replacements? My plastic cover for the BBQ Dracula and Elvira pop overs still looks good but a slight tinge of yellow, though that piece seems to be unobtainum currently.

#2297 46 days ago

The plastic cover on my dead heads display (on the right side of the internal backboard) has yellowed. Anyone have a source on replacements? My plastic cover for the BBQ Dracula and Elvira pop overs still looks good but a slight tinge of yellow, though that piece seems to be unobtainum currently.

Coffin cover can be found here:
https://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Elvira-and-the-Party-Monsters-coffin-cover

#2298 46 days ago

Thanks mumble5 Now just to find a new holographic sheet of the dead heads and plexiglass piece. Would appreciate any help on those anyone has.

#2299 42 days ago

If you guys know the youtube channel of Joes classic video games or if you don't you do not know what you are missing. Check out his lastest video. Check what he is working on.

#2300 41 days ago

My boogie men keep jumping off their shafts. These are replacements from PPS. Should I use glue or something to keep them on?

IMG_0328 (resized).jpegIMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 49.99
$ 70.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 45.95
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miramar, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.