(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 47.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey all,
any ideas why EatPM will not start a game when start button is pressed? It boots fine and enters attract mode fine. Start switch is good.
Thanks!

Is it in free play or have credits?

(That's all I got, btw.)

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey all,
any ideas why EatPM will not start a game when start button is pressed? It boots fine and enters attract mode fine. Start switch is good.
Thanks!

Is it on free play? Does it have enough balls

#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey all,
Thanks!

#1704 1 year ago

Just had this happen, ball didn’t make it down into the lock area, was just sitting there above the switch so it didn’t know & wouldn’t start.

#1705 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey all,
Thanks!

Got credits? 3 balls in trough?

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Got credits? 3 balls in trough?

-Yes, 3 new balls.

Well, talk about bad luck...
I go down to investigate the settings to see if the game somehow got reset when I was poking around in the service menu the other day and no longer in Free Play, and both displays quit working. So now I can't even use the service menu to trouble shoot.
Could the interconnect board cause this? Or would it just be the CPU/Driver board assuming it's not something else like cables etc?
Thanks!!

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

-Yes, 3 new balls.
I go down to investigate the settings to see if the game somehow got reset when I was poking around in the service menu the other day and no longer in Free Play, and both displays quit working. So now I can't even use the service menu to trouble shoot.
Could the interconnect board cause this? Or would it just be the CPU/Driver board assuming it's not something else like cables etc?
Thanks!!

It’s likely the PS board. Check to see if high voltage section is fried. Or if the displays are getting power

Also, if you’re wanting to play blind, just flick the credit switch a few times

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

-Yes, 3 new balls.
Thanks!!

On my game I unplugged the ribbon cable going to displays & reseated it. Displays fired up. My game has Xpin displays which work fine until ball got stuck & wouldn’t start a game & displays went out. Game hasn’t been played in a month so I found these issues when I tried to fire up game just from sitting. Try the reseat 1st.

#1709 1 year ago

I see the Williams System 9 - 11 PinWiki states that the later interconnect boards (EatPM) pass the following circuits:

- lamp general illumination circuits
- flipper power and ground
- lamp columns and rows
- switch columns and rows
- flash lamp power
** It says nothing about the display circuits. Would I be correct in assuming the interconnect board plays no role in displays not working?

#1710 1 year ago

- You guys were right. I flicked the coin mech wires and it put credits on it and now I can start games. It must have reset to factory when I was poking around in service menu blind.
- Unplugged and replugged ribbon cables. No luck.- Still have no displays. Either a bad connection or a cpu/driver board problem?

#1711 1 year ago

Say it with me, I solemnly swear to have an EATPM set up for the neighbors to play next Halloween.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

Say it with me, I solemnly swear to have an EATPM set up for the neighbors to play next Halloween.

Actually, that made me think…I live in a subdivision. There are 75 or 80 homes here. Probably 125-150 kids. We usually get between 60-80 trick or treaters. I should really consider opening my basement to the neighborhood kids and making it a haunted pinball basement. I bet it would be a big hit!

#1713 1 year ago

OK, I think I figured out the display problem!

Jmckune was right!

It is the power supply after all. The 100v dc section is outputting only +22V at fuse F2. Fuse F3 is outputting the correct -100V.

20221101_161824 (resized).jpg20221101_161824 (resized).jpg20221101_161830 (resized).jpg20221101_161830 (resized).jpg
#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK, I think I figured out the display problem!
Jmckune was right!
It is the power supply after all. The 100v dc section is outputting only +22V at fuse F2. Fuse F3 is outputting the correct -100V.[quoted image][quoted image]

If you go with XPin displays you can eliminate F1,2,& 3. Not needed.

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

If you go with XPin displays you can eliminate F1,2,& 3. Not needed.

I was planning on replacing the power supply with an Xpin PS and selling this old one on Ebay.
Then installing the Wolffpac display kit because it's cheaper and I'm good at soldering.

#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Exactly what I planned to do LOL!
I'll sell this one on eBay. Someone will rebuild it.

I have orange Rottendog ones that are like new that I removed for the green Xpins. If you need those lmk.

54C603C2-3074-47F9-A818-CCAFBA68D0BF (resized).jpeg54C603C2-3074-47F9-A818-CCAFBA68D0BF (resized).jpeg
#1717 1 year ago

I like the green!!
Also, BG looks really great!
Wolffpac make the various colors as well.

https://www.wolffpactech.com/product-page/bally-midway-d-12502-and-d-12706-display-kits

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I like the green!!
Wolffpac make the various colors as well.

XPin is plug & play. I don’t know much about Wolfpack. I think that’s more involved with soldering. I also got rid of all the chrome & red on the head. Powder coated armor & ramps.

#1719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

XPin is plug & play. I don’t know much about Wolfpack. I think that’s more involved with soldering. I also got rid of all the chrome & red on the head. Powder coated armor & ramps.

Yes, you have to solder all the components to the PCB's. But it's all layed out super easy if you like to solder! See link above. I did a kit for my Sorcerer.

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I have orange Rottendog ones that are like new that I removed for the green Xpins. If you need those lmk.
[quoted image]

You have a brand new playfield hanging behind there?? Get that sucker installed!!

#1721 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You have a brand new playfield hanging behind there?? Get that sucker installed!!

Lol, Really don’t need to install PF now. That’s got the Kruzman clear coat on it. One day when I have more room to work.

1 week later
#1722 1 year ago

Does anyone have any tips on getting the monster slide installed? I've probably spent about two hours trying to get that one screw in.

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Does anyone have any tips on getting the monster slide installed? I've probably spent about two hours trying to get that one screw in.

I love working on pins, I love working on pins, I love working on pins! Mindset is always a good place to begin…..

#1724 1 year ago

Took a dinner break and watched a little of the Hallmark channel. Decided to go back down to give it another shot and 10 minutes later, I did it. Elvira never looked better.

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Took a dinner break and watched a little of the Hallmark channel. Decided to go back down to give it another shot and 10 minutes later, I did it. Elvira never looked better.

I found out sometime a break helps.

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Hallmark channel, some good wholesome programming. Great for lowering that BP!!

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Hallmark channel, some good wholesome programming. Great for lowering that BP!!

Always a happy ending.

#1728 1 year ago

Now that I have my new ramps installed and they look great, would anyone be in the market for my used ones?

#1729 1 year ago

Hi all, new to the club! Looking for the left sling (take a set if I have to) and upper plastic (ones circled) Let me know if you can help!

Not perfect is ok, just looking to get by, players game for now. If I decide to do it up I'll buy all new later on. thanks

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Hi all, new to the club! Looking for the left sling (take a set if I have to) and upper plastic (ones circled) Let me know if you can help!
Not perfect is ok, just looking to get by, players game for now. If I decide to do it up I'll buy all new later on. thanks
[quoted image]

I have a whole used set stashed away. Shoot me a PM and we can figure out a deal for what you need, or just make me a reasonable offer for the entire set...

Thanks,

Matt

#1731 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I’ve seen single plastics for sale on EBay.

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I’ve seen single plastics for sale on EBay.

Those plastic prices are insane on ebay. on principal I'd rather buy a set to avoid someone jacking a 25$ used dirty plastic...

#1733 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I should have the left sling if MattElder can't hook you up. The other piece is always broken or missing, so i dont have it. I'll have to dig just a bit to find the spare sling plastic. Just cover the shipping, and you can have it free.

#1734 1 year ago

Yesterday afternoon I installed new bumper caps, new ramps, new plastics excluding the Organ Player and Elvira in the Cauldron (I didn’t see the need to replace those) and I also installed the M&M Creations rollover switch, so it was a long afternoon/evening. Doing all this at the same time made sense because I had everything ripped apart and its very time consuming.

I’d like to give a shout out to Kyle5574 on YouTube, his video helped me out quite a bit, but I did a couple of things differently. This is many layered processes that has a few curve balls, and his video is very helpful.

I removed the back playfield glass channel which allowed to get access behind the backwall making it easier to remove the screw holding the ramps together. By doing that and removing the Boogiemen plastic it will allow access to drill a new hole in the PF because the predrilled ramp hole did not line up.

The decal on the left ramp is not a perfect fit, I had to start mine slightly higher or the curve would have been offline, it’s not that noticeable but you can see part of the hole under the ramp.

20221120_081001_resized (resized).jpg20221120_081001_resized (resized).jpg

The M&M rollover switch is great and is working well but I wish I had installed it lower. I wasn’t sure if it was not long enough to span the gap to get a reading and may be too close to the PF. You can see it’s shadow where is sits now but if I had placed it lower it would have been out of view behind the Monster Slide sign.

20221120_105932_resized (resized).jpg20221120_105932_resized (resized).jpg

I’m very happy with the way it turned out and I think it was worth all the time and aggravation. Pop Bumper caps were from Marco, ramps from Starship Fantasy, plastics from CPR and the rollover switch from M&M Creations. I had some of these parts for several years just waiting to be installed I was procrastinating due to the time and effort needed for this install. This is also a good time to replace those impossible rubber under the ramps so have some on hand!

The carnage

20221120_080838_resized (resized).jpg20221120_080838_resized (resized).jpg

The results

20221120_105852_resized (resized).jpg20221120_105852_resized (resized).jpg
20221120_105910_resized (resized).jpg20221120_105910_resized (resized).jpg
20221120_105900_resized (resized).jpg20221120_105900_resized (resized).jpg
20221120_105921_resized (resized).jpg20221120_105921_resized (resized).jpg

I wish someone would remake the Skull Cave again that would be great, mine is brittle and starting to fall apart.

Good luck to anyone redoing their ramps!
20221120_092650_resized (resized).jpg20221120_092650_resized (resized).jpg

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yesterday afternoon I installed new bumper caps, new ramps, new plastics excluding the Organ Player and Elvira in the Cauldron (I didn’t see the need to replace those) and I also installed the M&M Creations rollover switch, so it was a long afternoon/evening. Doing all this at the same time made sense because I had everything ripped apart and its very time consuming.
I’d like to give a shout out to Kyle5574 on YouTube, his video helped me out quite a bit, but I did a couple of things differently. This is many layered processes that has a few curve balls, and his video is very helpful.
I removed the back playfield glass channel which allowed to get access behind the backwall making it easier to remove the screw holding the ramps together. By doing that and removing the Boogiemen plastic it will allow access to drill a new hole in the PF because the predrilled ramp hole did not line up.
The decal on the left ramp is not a perfect fit, I had to start mine slightly higher or the curve would have been offline, it’s not that noticeable but you can see part of the hole under the ramp.
[quoted image]
The M&M rollover switch is great and is working well but I wish I had installed it lower. I wasn’t sure if it was not long enough to span the gap to get a reading and may be too close to the PF. You can see it’s shadow where is sits now but if I had placed it lower it would have been out of view behind the Monster Slide sign.
[quoted image]
I’m very happy with the way it turned out and I think it was worth all the time and aggravation. Pop Bumper caps were from Marco, ramps from Starship Fantasy, plastics from CPR and the rollover switch from M&M Creations. I had some of these parts for several years just waiting to be installed I was procrastinating due to the time and effort needed for this install. This is also a good time to replace those impossible rubber under the ramps so have some on hand!
The carnage
[quoted image]
The results
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I wish someone would remake the Skull Cave again that would be great, mine is brittle and starting to fall apart.
[quoted image]

I have done my research on those dastardly Skull Caves, b/c I think we all are in similar situations in reference to conditions. They were never designed to stand the tests of time. Talked to several manufacturers in the attempt to reproduce, but the money they want to simply create a form was cost prohibitive. With the increasing technology in 3D printing, I'd be interested if someone could print a killer reproduction. So yes, I'm putting out a challenge for those of you with design/printing skills!!

16689688712406757510423051442337 (resized).jpg16689688712406757510423051442337 (resized).jpg
#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The carnage
[quoted image]
The results
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great, about how long it take you to do all that work? I am going to do my soon?

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I’d like to give a shout out to Kyle5574 on YouTube, his video helped me out quite a bit, but I did a couple of things differently.

I'm glad it was useful!

Quoted from tiltmonster:

The M&M rollover switch is great and is working well but I wish I had installed it lower. I wasn’t sure if it was not long enough to span the gap to get a reading and may be too close to the PF.

I tried to line up the switch with the arrow on the decal so the shadow is kind of obscured by the arrow. I think if you put your switch any lower, you'd run into trouble with the ball not making consistent solid contact with the ramp surface, and/or trouble with the switch not spanning the width of the ramp, either way you'd end up missing switch hits. That's what happened with my first install in my MRS video. I installed the switch on my original ramps in my MRS video, but then realized I had put the switch too low, so sometimes it didn't register. That's what pushed me to buy new ramps. I figured if I was going to pull the ramps and replace that switch, then I might as well take the opportunity to put new ramps in (and make another video).

#1738 1 year ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

Looks great, about how long it take you to do all that work? I am going to do my soon?

Honestly, actual hours are difficult to figure because there were some moments of frustration but I started at 5:30pm and almost completed it by 11:30 pm. I cleaned up and touched up the following am for about an hour more (this was all cosmetic and specific lighting mods) so I'd say a good 5 - 6 hours. Skill level and knowledge of how things work and access to other parts is the killer. You cannot get to certain points without removing 3 other obstructions; however, once you've done this I'm sure you can knock 2 hours or more off the time. Take you're time, review the video for Kyle5574, and get this done, it's worth the efforts. Good luck! It's worth all of your hard work

#1739 1 year ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I'm glad it was useful!

I tried to line up the switch with the arrow on the decal so the shadow is kind of obscured by the arrow. I think if you put your switch any lower, you'd run into trouble with the ball not making consistent solid contact with the ramp surface, and/or trouble with the switch not spanning the width of the ramp, either way you'd end up missing switch hits. That's what happened with my first install in my MRS video. I installed the switch on my original ramps in my MRS video, but then realized I had put the switch too low, so sometimes it didn't register. That's what pushed me to buy new ramps. I figured if I was going to pull the ramps and replace that switch, then I might as well take the opportunity to put new ramps in (and make another video).

Thank you! I'm glad you saw this post! For me, you made the project seem more doable, yes it's tough, and we can always tweak it to improve on how it's done but what you did was an inspiration.

As for the switch, I really like it's function but I'm not sold on it's location and looks. In a prefect world I'd leave it where is it is and install the old switch as a spinner and the problem would be solved. Only issue is I'm not sure how to do that...

Thanks for your video and popping into the thread!

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I have done my research on those dastardly Skull Caves, b/c I think we all are in similar situations in reference to conditions. They were never designed to stand the tests of time. Talked to several manufacturers in the attempt to reproduce, but the money they want to simply create a form was cost prohibitive. With the increasing technology in 3D printing, I'd be interested if someone could print a killer reproduction. So yes, I'm putting out a challenge for those of you with design/printing skills!![quoted image]

I'll second that but that's always the case until someone actually makes them, then people start to buy them and it's off to the races.

1 week later
#1741 1 year ago

I’m working on an EATPM restore and there are three missing plastics in the set I was given. The bag was unopened, so it seems they forgot to put these in.

It’s the three clear pieces (two of them come flat and are to be bent).

The clear pieces on the left is attached to screened piece.

Any chance that someone has any of these laying around?

Thanks.

0212D787-E994-43C0-B378-2BCA89DB6F28 (resized).jpeg0212D787-E994-43C0-B378-2BCA89DB6F28 (resized).jpeg

#1742 1 year ago

My set had the larger of the three, but not the two smaller ones. Any of them would be easy to make. Instead I retro-brited the old ones and it turned out okay. Info at...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

My set had the larger of the three, but not the two smaller ones. Any of them would be easy to make. Instead I retro-brited the old ones and it turned out okay. Info at...
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html

Yeah, worst case is I cut them out. I'll probably use the very large triangle piece that covers the upper right corner.

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I’m working on an EATPM restore and there are three missing plastics in the set I was given. The bag was unopened, so it seems they forgot to put these in.
It’s the three clear pieces (two of them come flat and are to be bent).
The clear pieces on the left is attached to screened piece.
Any chance that someone has any of these laying around?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

My set did not include that piece either, I took out the rivets and riveted it back to the new piece, it's sort of head scratcher why they didn't include in the set.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

My set did not include that piece either, I took out the rivets and riveted it back to the new piece, it's sort of head scratcher why they didn't include in the set.

The one with the rivet was included in the previous set I had. And it's also shown as being included in the set on their website, so I guess it's hit-and-miss. I did find one on epay, but not very interested in paying 15 plus shipping for one piece.

Hopefully someone has one they decided not to use sitting in their parts stash.

#1746 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Found the sling, still need the upper one on the left side of the pops

Scroll up to see post/picture. Thanks

1 week later
#1747 1 year ago

Found the sling, still need the upper one on the left side of the pops
Scroll up to see post/picture. Thanks

I'm also in need of one of these. If I can get a scan I can remake them.

1 week later
#1748 1 year ago

My cabinet tag was ripped off by some kid in the 90's. 3D printed plastic with green chrome vinyl. I left the bottom of the mounting tabs open so it could slide over/friction fit the existing original rivets

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

My cabinet tag was ripped off by some kid in the 90's. 3D printed plastic with green chrome vinyl. I left the bottom of the mounting tabs open so it could slide over/friction fit the existing original rivets
[quoted image]

Great job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
$ 69.99
$ 45.95
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 70.00
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.