pasted_image (resized).png
91FG84w591L._SL1427_ (resized).jpg
snake (resized).png
yng2 (resized).jpg
yng (resized).jpg
giphy (resized).png
2041a6d712cd7e9a0712454528193ef0 (resized).jpg
8EE6371C-7E98-4CF9-B968-10B2753DB3A1 (resized).jpeg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

its entirely possible he was just being super nice,and i was looking through the lens of a jealous boyfriend .its tough to compete with a rockstar.B O C is 1 of the best shows i have ever seen consistently great,very tight group

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Actually he was born Lars Lannerbäck. He’s named himself Yngwie Malmsteen.

Dont forget the J... Its Yngwie J. Malmsteen

As the guy in Spinal Tap said.. the J is important as you dont want to confuse him with the other Yngwie Malmsteens in the music business

#103 3 years ago

I saw Yngwie live in about 84. Talas (featuring Billy Sheehan) opened. It was mind blowing for a 14 year old rocker dude.
So. Many. Fast. Solos.
Dug his stuff for a while, then moved on, but still have some nostalgia for the guy. Would I buy an Yngwie pin? No chance.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Alright, just to make everyone happy how about the entire Hear 'N Aid line up? Everyone gets a solo!
That should cover enough ground if metal is your thing. Problem solved!

Without even watching this my money is on Buck Dharma. One of the most underrated guitarists ever--he can really play!

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Without even watching this my money is on Buck Dharma. One of the most underrated guitarists ever--he can really play!

Yeah his part in that is fantastic.

#106 3 years ago

Buck can be as quick as anyone, but he is very melodic and can make each note count for something which sets him apart. Saw BoC a couple of years ago and they were/are still a great live act.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

its entirely possible he was just being super nice,and i was looking through the lens of a jealous boyfriend .its tough to compete with a rockstar.

did this really happen? wow ! - sounds like a reenactment of the Marshall Plan...or maybe they were singing about you !

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

did this really happen? wow ! - sounds like a reenactment of the Marshall Plan...or maybe they were singing about you !

ok Donald is this you ?

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

ok Donald is this you ?

ha ha, good one!

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not even sure this would sell in Sweden...

Agree on that, I believe his fan base is quite limited here, most Swedes only knows about him by his name and reputation so likely not a success, Sabaton or In Flames would be better for metal music but ABBA is of course the number one choice in order to please the large crowd if there ever is made a pinball machine about a Swedish band.

#111 3 years ago

Yngwie F#@$in Who?
Who would have thought he’d end up here!
Seen him, listen to him, buy the pin......
If it had a ball drop to nowhere it could play “Theirs a hole in the sky, don’t ask me why, case l don’t know” Classic.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from darkpinball:

Agree on that, I believe his fan base is quite limited here, most Swedes only knows about him by his name and reputation so likely not a success, Sabaton or In Flames would be better for metal music but ABBA is of course the number one choice in order to please the large crowd if there ever is made a pinball machine about a Swedish band.

Speaking of good Swede bands my friend Erik Enstad is in Blender--who I'm told is pretty popular there. Erik is a great guitarist and very good vocalist.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Speaking of good Swede bands my friend Erik Enstad is in Blender--who I'm told is pretty popular there. Erik is a great guitarist and very good vocalist.

Had to look them up and its a dance band as suspected by their name, some of theese dance band names ends with a Z for some unknown reason.
There are lots of bands in that genre and they seems to be among the popular ones, would probably sell better as a music pin here than Yngwie

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

no one can be perfect all the time,and a rockstar gets a lot of scrutiny.I have enjoyed B O C many times live,Maybe i was just jealous he was hitting hard on my girlfriend.not the first time that happened with her I guess i cant blame him.I am sure hes a standup guy

I really couldn't care less how much of a douchebag a rock star is, I'm going to the shows and listening to the records and if I dig it that's enough. Not looking for a friend.

Ted Nugent is The biggest douche in the history of rock and I still nod my head when Stranglehold or Cat Scratch Fever comes on the radio.

Everybody who ever met Dick Dale said he was an insufferable prick but I saw him at Wetlands in NYC once (RIP - both Dick and Wetlands!) and it was a killer show. So I didn't invite him home for sunday dinner with mom, not a big deal.

Johnny Ramone, Chuck Berry, all of KISS and most of Van Halen...rock history is littered with people who you probably couldn't spend 10 minutes with without punching them in the face. Doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things when you just wanna rock.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really couldn't care less how much of a douchebag a rock star is, I'm going to the shows and listening to the records and if I dig it that's enough. Not looking for a friend.
Ted Nugent is The biggest douche in the history of rock and I still nod my head when Stranglehold or Cat Scratch Fever comes on the radio.
Everybody who ever met Dick Dale said he was an insufferable prick but I saw him at Wetlands in NYC once (RIP - both Dick and Wetlands!) and it was a killer show. So I didn't invite him home for sunday dinner with mom, not a big deal.

you nailed it my thoughts exactly good examples too

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you nailed it my thoughts exactly good examples too

Ha updated that list a little

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Johnny Ramone, Chuck Berry, all of KISS and most of Van Halen...rock history is littered with people who you probably couldn't spend 10 minutes with without punching them in the face. Doesn't mean a thing in the scheme of things when you just wanna rock.

Have to disagree about Dick Dale - absolutely the coolest, nicest, most appreciative guy when his career resurged (this is around Calling Up Spirits). I had him on my show in STL and he was great on the air AND off, and gave my former co-host (who had just been fired and was still mad at me.. long story) tickets to the show that night - he didn't meet him before the show and was as gracious as you'd like, then only later found out we were friends.

Chuck Berry.. eeehh... yeah don't have a good story about him unfortunately. Also Ted. whew. There are literally no good stories about him.

Anyway, it does matter if you do meet these people, and there are definitely some artists I've basically stopped listening to as a result. Or maybe it's the fact that a lot of them are washed up 90s rockers. Who can say?

one more story - watch your feet! I'm dropping names!!! EVERY single dude in Anthrax is incredibly cool, gracious, HELPED US MOVE STUFF out of the studio, no attitude, no rock star ego - no, not even Scott Ian.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have to disagree about Dick Dale - absolutely the coolest, nicest, most appreciative guy when his career resurged (this is around Calling Up Spirits). I had him on my show in STL and he was great on the air AND off, and gave my former co-host (who had just been fired and was still mad at me.. long story) tickets to the show that night - he didn't meet him before the show and was as gracious as you'd like, then only later found out we were friends.
Chuck Berry.. eeehh... yeah don't have a good story about him unfortunately. Also Ted. whew. There are literally no good stories about him.
Anyway, it does matter if you do meet these people, and there are definitely some artists I've basically stopped listening to as a result. Or maybe it's the fact that a lot of them are washed up 90s rockers. Who can say?
one more story - watch your feet! I'm dropping names!!! EVERY single dude in Anthrax is incredibly cool, gracious, HELPED US MOVE STUFF out of the studio, no attitude, no rock star ego - no, not even Scott Ian.

Cool stories thanks!

#119 3 years ago

I dig his music, though he is indeed full of himself as others note. Met him a few times over some years (did some work for him through my father's business [Ferrari restoration], and spent some time on his tour bus before he went on stage).

While his persona can be off putting, it fits with a certain type of rockstar image, and I imagine that's a positive to some.

I'd consider an Yngwie pin, but can't fathom that happening before a Dio or Megadeth pin (unfortunate Dio wouldn't be able to do custom callouts, but I was lucky enough to see him live twice, both solo and with Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell...lost track of how many times I've seen Megadeth ).

#120 3 years ago

Goddammit cut the shit.

We all know the next rock pin SHOULD be Black Sabbath, classic Ozzy sabbath.

Dio is much more niche, just a fact.

The music and imagery of old school sabbath, plus the name recognition of Ozzy makes it a no brainer. YOu basically kill two birds with one stone. And (and I understand people who prefer DIo Sabbath REALLY are insane for Dio Sabbath) the old stuff is just better. Ozzy Sabbath invented metal and the first 5 albums are insanely sick from start to finish.)

PLus, Dio is just too short to be on a pinball machine. Like Doug Flutie.

And I'm not even a hater. It's well documented that I own Dio's couch.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddammit cut the shit.
The music and imagery of old school sabbath, plus the name recognition of Ozzy makes it a no brainer. YOu basically kill two birds with one stone. And (and I understand people who prefer DIo Sabbath REALLY are insane for Dio Sabbath) the old stuff is just better. Ozzy Sabbath invented metal and the first 5 albums are insanely sick from start to finish.)

i would like a Black sabbath ozzy only pin and an Ozzy only pin and a rainbow/Dio pin am I gready.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i would like a Black sabbath ozzy only pin and an Ozzy only pin and a rainbow/Dio pin am I gready.

In for all 3 of those, and add in a Sabbath/Dio pin, and a Dio only pin... Damn, I need a bigger house.

#123 3 years ago

Can't be a Stern pin. Maybe JJP?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from switch3:

Can't be a Stern pin. Maybe JJP?

count me in from both manufacturers dont care which split it up

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddammit cut the shit.

Quoted for truth. Good luck negotiating with Sharon.

#126 3 years ago

Dimebag asking Malmsteen about the DONUTS

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Dimebag asking Malmsteen about the DONUTS

LOL!! Was that in the CFH or the Vulgar video? Had to be Vulgar

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL!! Was that in the CFH or the Vulgar video? Had to be Vulgar

I want to say CFH! Haha!

#129 3 years ago
B051572C-31CB-4789-9910-9E754F150F84 (resized).jpegB051572C-31CB-4789-9910-9E754F150F84 (resized).jpeg
#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I want to say CFH! Haha!

found it! 30m 12s in

CFH video! wow. i could have sworn this was only 30 minutes on VHS. Looks like this also includes the Monsters of Rock set

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

found it! 30m 12s in

CFH video! wow. i could have sworn this was only 30 minutes on VHS. Looks like this also includes the Monsters of Rock set

HILARIOUS

#132 3 years ago

Dudes, no way a Yngwie pin is happening, for there is no such thing as mainstream Malmsteen.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Dudes, no way a Yngwie pin is happening, for there is no such thing as mainstream Malmsteen.

I dont think anyone believes yngwie will jump ahead of Black Sabbath,Rush Dio,Pink Floyd Rainbow ,Deep purple Or atleast 25 far more worthy pins,I do think his music would fit well but not necessarily a pin themed yngwie I would buy a RED ROCKER Sammy Hagar pin anyday its available

#134 3 years ago

you LIE!!!

#135 3 years ago

after single handidly crushing the dream of 10s of people the suicide rate went up.still i almost gave you a thumbs up for humour

#136 3 years ago

He should write a more accessible album, and call it "Mainstream Malmsteen"!

Then when he's got the fawning recognition he deserves, maybe his attitude will finally be justified?

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yngwie-malmsteen-next-music-pin/page/3?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.