pasted_image (resized).png
91FG84w591L._SL1427_ (resized).jpg
snake (resized).png
yng2 (resized).jpg
yng (resized).jpg
giphy (resized).png
2041a6d712cd7e9a0712454528193ef0 (resized).jpg
8EE6371C-7E98-4CF9-B968-10B2753DB3A1 (resized).jpeg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

shredders. They'd record instrumental albums and just blow people away with their Terminato...

Then Buckethead showed them how easy it was to make such an album. Every day.

#52 3 years ago

I had a similar experience with blue oyster cult well the lead guitarist anyway and eric Burdon

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

yes these 3 toured together for a bit i think it was called G3 or something

Steve Vai I know from his brief time with DLR and the amazing "Eat 'em and Smile" album.

Check that one out coolpinballdino!!

I think Vai ended up in WHitesnake?! This stuff paid the bills surely, while he was off making his shredder albums on his free time.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Steve Vai I know from his brief time with DLR and the amazing "Eat 'em and Smile" album.
Check that one out coolpinballdino!!
I think Vai ended up in WHitesnake?! This stuff paid the bills surely, while he was off making his shredder albums on his free time.

he was schooling in the frank zappa group where i am sure he learned a bunch,hes one of the best IMO

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

you want to go for cheese.. Then you could do wonders with a Manowar pin... lol

Oh lord. I can imagine the LE now. The sides of the cabinet will be done in tanned leather, with fur trim, and somehow a loincloth on the coin door.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Oh lord. I can imagine the LE now. The sides of the cabinet will be done in tanned leather, with fur trim, and somehow a loincloth on the coin door.

Some pinball machines play, Manowar's kills!!!!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

You trying to kill somebody?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than a rumor that Rush and Foo Fighters are the next music pins, with strong hints at a Queen pinball coming down the line.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

You trying to kill somebody?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More than a rumor that Rush and Foo Fighters are the next music pins, with strong hints at a Queen pinball coming down the line.

all excellent choices

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Vai ended up in WHitesnake?!...

Whom Didn't!
snake (resized).pngsnake (resized).png

#60 3 years ago

and then there was coverdale page

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

and then there was coverdale page

I assume with all the non stop shit Zep gets here these days people prefer Coverdale over Plant?

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

No doubt, this machine would play really fast, yet still be boring.

Comment of the year, lol

#63 3 years ago

Megadeth please! Will also accept ... Pink Floyd or Green Day.

#64 3 years ago

If we are doing a “neoclassical” Rock pin, I’d much rather stick with Ritchie Blackmore and Randy Rhodes.

Yngwie’s music just hasn’t aged well AT ALL, IMO; I think partly due to the “shred” aspect, partly due to the cheesy songs that give Manowar a run for its money, and partly due to the dated-sounding 80s production techniques (no bottom end, bass guitar mostly inaudible, drums compressed to the point of clicks, overuse of synths).

That mid 80s shred era was fun while it lasted and the skills on display were impossibly cool and impressive to every 16 year-old with a Kramer Baretta and solid-state carpeted Crate amp, but at some point you start craving something a little deeper from your music (perhaps some actual groove or swing, a taste of something abstract or psychedelic, some good songwriting or a bit of lyricism in the instrumental tracks, or simply something beyond recordings that sound like someone’s woodshedding).

That being said, there are a couple of tracks off “Rising Force” and “Trilogy” that could work, and the “you are a loser, and it’s such a shame you are a fool and you don’t know” lyric is so over the top cheesy that it could work well for pinball if done in the proper ironic context, but this would be even more of a niche within a niche thing than Primus or HM.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Megadeth please! Will also accept ... Pink Floyd or Green Day.

Dang, a Megadeth pin would be so great!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

it would certainly be better than an yngwie

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

if you like guitar look up some youtube videos,but as i am learning recently hes a horrible 1st date

LOL unfortunately, it's true. Even the guys in DREAM THEATER have a nasty story about him.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

If we are doing a “neoclassical” Rock pin, I’d much rather stick with Ritchie Blackmore and Randy Rhodes.
Yngwie’s music just hasn’t aged well AT ALL, IMO; I think partly due to the “shred” aspect, partly due to the cheesy songs that give Manowar a run for its money, and partly due to the dated-sounding 80s production techniques (no bottom end, bass guitar mostly inaudible, drums compressed to the point of clicks, overuse of synths).
That mid 80s shred era was fun while it lasted and the skills on display were impossibly cool and impressive to every 16 year-old with a Kramer Baretta and solid-state carpeted Crate amp, but at some point you start craving something a little deeper from your music (perhaps some actual groove or swing, a taste of something abstract or psychedelic, some good songwriting or a bit of lyricism in the instrumental tracks, or simply something beyond recordings that sound like someone’s woodshedding).
That being said, there are a couple of tracks off “Rising Force” and “Trilogy” that could work, and the “you are a loser, and it’s such a shame you are a fool and you don’t know” lyric is so over the top cheesy that it could work well for pinball if done in the proper ironic context, but this would be even more of a niche within a niche thing than Primus or HM.

Uli Jon Roth!

Shred did actually lead to the european prog movement - bands like Nighwish, Ayreon, Epica, Amorphis... Not everyone'e cup of team, but I'm personally very thankful for that!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

ok i might settle for a rainbow/Dio machine

Black sabbath. It can have both Ozzie and Dio

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I used to work for Bill Graham so I have met quite a few of these great musicians but I have been fortunate not to meet yngwie i guess.If I ruled out all the jack a$$es I would have few left.on the other hand Sammy Hagar and David Bowie are a couple examples of really nice people to be around back stage all of the Scorpions and mike and rudy schenker were very nice too

I've heard the Scorps are all pretty cool.

Can you share any insight on who the big Aholes were?

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whom Didn't!
[quoted image]

Yeah, Coverdale isn't easy to work with either. The best line up he had was with Sykes, but since both of them are difficult to work with, that didn't last long!

They did make 1.5 killer fucking albums together.

#72 3 years ago

Saw him once in concert, own one CD, but no way a pin

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Megadeth please!.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Spooky should do Megadeth. They really kicked ass with ACNC and they would actually get the theme right.

#74 3 years ago

Yngwie Malmsteen. Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time. A long time.

#75 3 years ago

Anyone?

91FG84w591L._SL1427_ (resized).jpg91FG84w591L._SL1427_ (resized).jpg
#76 3 years ago

Thinking Gwar or Suicidal- probably just a dream.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I've heard the Scorps are all pretty cool.
Can you share any insight on who the big Aholes were?

I am sure its a matter of opinion my least favorites would be Rick Wakeman of yes ,billy squire,Y N T,.but some of the geniuses in many fields lack social skills. Y N T roadies were making groupies bark like a dog to get back stage.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am sure its a matter of opinion my least favorites would be Rick Wakeman of yes ,billy squire,Y N T,.but some of the geniuses in many fields lack social skills. Y N T roadies were making groupies bark like a dog to get back stage.

thats Y & T

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Uli Jon Roth!
Shred did actually lead to the european prog movement - bands like Nighwish, Ayreon, Epica, Amorphis... Not everyone'e cup of team, but I'm personally very thankful for that!

(I listen to a lot of Jazz, Prog, classic Alt/Post Punk, and Classical, so that influences my perspective.)

Uli Jon Roth is one of the best of the best because he is a great artist and is skilled at using his abilities within the context of a band; sure he can shred with the best of them, but he also has a sense of taste and restraint and only goes into stunt playing mode when the song calls for it, and the end result is a satisfying musical “total package”.

The same applies to the Euro Prog bands; all of those you mentioned (you forgot Riverside, Pain of Salvation, Within Temptation, and Pineapple Thief ) feature top-level musicians on all instruments, collaboratively write great songs and release albums containing cohesive themes and fully-baked compositions, and any instrumental pyrotechnics are done in this larger context.

The guys I am critiquing are more one-dimensional; they have all the guitar chops, but are weaker with regard to composition, songwriting, improvisation, and musical collaboration, and most of their stuff tends to get very boring after 2-3 plays.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I heard Squire is a jerk, he didn't last long on Ringo's circuit.

I saw Y&T back in the day - not exactly top shelf music, but ok. Isn't like the entire band dead except for one member?

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I heard Squire is a jerk, he didn't last long on Ringo's circuit.
I saw Y&T back in the day - not exactly top shelf music, but ok. Isn't like the entire band dead except for one member?

that was the band minus lead singer who played with Alice Cooper in Waynes World 2 i think.not sure whos left.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

that was the band minus lead singer who played with Alice Cooper in Waynes World 2 i think.not sure whos left.

their shows were great

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not even sure this would sell in Sweden...

He moved to US a long time ago. We do remember him but there are others that we "remember" more than Yngwie

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Caribbean-Pin:

He moved to US a long time ago. We do remember him but there are others that we "remember" more than Yngwie

Fine we’ll do an ABBA pin!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fine we’ll do an ABBA pin!

finally a pin that would be available immediately ,no waiting

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

finally a pin that would be available immediately ,no waiting

Too bad Lemmy died, I heard he loved ABBA.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Too bad Lemmy died, I heard he loved ABBA.

Everybody loves ABBA.

The Sex Pistols stole the baseline from SOS for Pretty Vacant!

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You would be too if your parents named you Yngwie.

Actually he was born Lars Lannerbäck. He’s named himself Yngwie Malmsteen.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Yngve was in his name (3rd name) and then Malmsten was his mother's maiden name. He took his mom's name (changed spelling) and changed the spelling of one of his names. But Lars was his first name and Lannerback was his father's name.

Not that I am the expert on him, but just read that on Wikipedia... lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngwie_Malmsteen

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

wow what a set of names to work with

#91 3 years ago

Joe Walsh could include the James Gang ,solo and Eagles

#92 3 years ago

Malmsteen Multiball

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Malmsteen Multiball

he actually has a video with dio singing

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thinking Gwar or Suicidal- probably just a dream.

Yep, certainly never gonna happen - I'd never thought about it but an 80's Venice skate-themed Suicidal Tendencies machine would be so cool.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#95 3 years ago

Alright, just to make everyone happy how about the entire Hear 'N Aid line up? Everyone gets a solo!

That should cover enough ground if metal is your thing. Problem solved!

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Alright, just to make everyone happy how about the entire Hear 'N Aid line up? Everyone gets a solo!

Santana pinball hmm

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Great fuckin tune! All the guitar solos are epic and you can tell each persons distinct style. Metal fuckin rules!!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I had a similar experience with blue oyster cult well the lead guitarist anyway and eric Burdon

do elaborate! I‘d always heard ol‘ Donald is a stand up guy his guitar playing speaks for itself.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

(I listen to a lot of Jazz, Prog, classic Alt/Post Punk, and Classical, so that influences my perspective.)
Uli Jon Roth is one of the best of the best because he is a great artist and is skilled at using his abilities within the context of a band; sure he can shred with the best of them, but he also has a sense of taste and restraint and only goes into stunt playing mode when the song calls for it, and the end result is a satisfying musical “total package”.
The same applies to the Euro Prog bands; all of those you mentioned (you forgot Riverside, Pain of Salvation, Within Temptation, and Pineapple Thief ) feature top-level musicians on all instruments, collaboratively write great songs and release albums containing cohesive themes and fully-baked compositions, and any instrumental pyrotechnics are done in this larger context.
The guys I am critiquing are more one-dimensional; they have all the guitar chops, but are weaker with regard to composition, songwriting, improvisation, and musical collaboration, and most of their stuff tends to get very boring after 2-3 plays.

Great response! Really enjoying the latest Riverside. I adore the first couple Within Temptation records but they’ve gone in another direction of late. Pineapple thief! Forgot about them, thanks!

LTE3 in March!

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

do elaborate! I‘d always heard ol‘ Donald is a stand up guy his guitar playing speaks for itself.

no one can be perfect all the time,and a rockstar gets a lot of scrutiny.I have enjoyed B O C many times live,Maybe i was just jealous he was hitting hard on my girlfriend.not the first time that happened with her I guess i cant blame him.I am sure hes a standup guy

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yngwie-malmsteen-next-music-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.