• Latest reply 8 years ago by Kcbbq13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shame.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Any advice appricate thinking about buying X men le should I look for anything before buying. Thanks John

#2 8 years ago

I'd see if they have replaced the aux board, from my reading they will all go out sooner or later, perhapse if they have not replaced the board yet, check with Stern service to see if it's still a free repair.

I believe the board is marked differently (somethig like mine said AcDc revision).

#3 8 years ago

I agree with RAI the aux board is a big issue. I would also check to see if the magnet is mushroomed in front of Wolvie. Speaking of wolvie make sure he is not cracking behind the figure and ready to come off expensive part if you want to go stock with the game. However, I personally like the captive ball on this version much better.

#4 8 years ago

As with most newer sterns, they are very reliable. DMD a known issue with a vertical line. Wear at scoop and magnets, not much else.

#5 8 years ago

Other known problems on the LE specifically were crosstalk for the LED boards where you had to isolate/separate/(spread?) the ground wire away from its harness.
Not doing so would light certain inserts when they weren't supposed to be on.
I used small flex tubing.
Some LE's didn't use loctite to secure Magneto's up-posts so you might check that out.
Disc also might need a slightly bent e-clip to keep disc vibration to a minimum.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks all I will use this info.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Any advice appricate thinking about buying X men le should I look for anything before buying. Thanks John

DON'T!

#8 8 years ago

Oh RareMeat,
You must still be attending those "Anti-Mutant" rallies and haven't been shown the Newton ball flowiness of light!

X-Men LE might just be the next Tron LE.
Color DMD will also put this overlooked game over the top.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

X-Men LE might just be the next TRON LE.

Shame.jpgShame.jpg

#10 8 years ago

It's easily the most impressive Stern I've owned to date. Tons of toys, lots of shots, multiple toys and a deep rulset. The only thing that hurts the game in my opinion are some of the callouts but that can be overlooked with everything else it offers. Best LE for the price in my opinion.

#11 8 years ago

I'm going to pick up a Wolverine tomorrow. Played the game extensively before and if you don't like it, you don't get it. Way underrated, but to be fair I also like TWD a LOT.

#12 8 years ago

Thumbs down?
Ooooooh, I guess I'd better just keep my Avengers LE/Prem comments to myself then too.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's easily the most impressive Stern I've owned to date. Tons of toys, lots of shots, multiple toys and a deep rulset.

You must have never owned any other Stern ever

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The only thing that hurts the game in my opinion are some of the callouts but that can be overlooked with everything else it offers.

Nope. Cannot be overlooked or unheard.

There are no thumbs anymore. I "disagreed" with your personal insult.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Ooooooh, I guess I'd better just keep my Avengers LE/Prem comments to myself then.

I...uh....don't care. lol

#14 8 years ago

Killer game.
Enjoy

#15 8 years ago

It is a great playing game, lots of shots, deep rules and great flow, plus it's a very fast game. Call outs are cheesy, but I don't mind.

#16 8 years ago

Your loss.

rd.

#17 8 years ago

Who's gain, then? My old X-Men has gone through like 20 owners. LOL

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I'm going to pick up a Wolverine tomorrow. Played the game extensively before and if you don't like it, you don't get it. Way underrated, but to be fair I also like TWD a LOT.

I played TWD at Modern in NYC and was really underwhelmed. Besides the modding, I don't get why people love it. Ironman is 10x better IMHO.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who's gain, then? My old X-Men has gone through like 20 owners. LOL

Maybe ONE of your old Xmen has been passed around a lot, but your OTHER forgotten Wolverine is still sitting right here from when I got it from you new in the box! Although they were separated shortly after birth and given up for adoption, it really is a fun game lol

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Maybe ONE of your old Xmen has been passed around a lot, but your OTHER forgotten Wolverine is still sitting right here from when I got it from you new in the box! Although they were separated shortly after birth and given up for adoption, it really is a fun game lol

Glad you like it.

#21 8 years ago

Check the iceman ramp to see if it's broken. If not, break it.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

X-Men LE might just be the next TRON LE.

Meaning that it will be the next to leave your collection?

Good call!

#23 8 years ago

John you should buy it! It's my favorite pin and I've got a couple of good ones imo...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-issues-to-look-for-if-buying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.