(Topic ID: 56828)

X-Men LE and Pro 1.30 pulled from Stern's website. Any theories?

By DugFreez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by judremy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago

I agree, a little communication regarding the issue would definitely be nice. Especially after many owners had to endure a rocky ride with this pin to even get to this point. I know they are probably pretty busy right now but the code being taken off the site for a while with no explanation is disappointing.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I know i may get clobbered for saying this, but nobody is OWED anything. Stern never said that the game will receive regular updates for X amount of months after release or anything. Is it good business practice to work on the code with updates and fixes? Sure. Are people OWED it? Nope.

YES absolutely on an expensive purchase like this with the unacceptable code upon initial release. We are owed updates without question. With the home market growing every year Stern would find out pretty quickly that most owners do think they are owed solid code for their expensive NIB pin purchases.

If they did not continue to work on improving XM code I and many others said we would not purchase a new pin from Stern if they did not make it right. Since they are on the path to making it right I have plans to buy a new release from them this year. I'm glad that Stern seems to be realizing this and allowing their team to dedicate the time to make sure each release receives solid code.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : I agree more work is needed to make it right.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I would be hesitant to say they have MADE it right. The code is still missing 2 completed wizard modes, no Deadpool (if not the last wizard) and a few options in the adjustments that still aren't in there. A few minor bugs to boot.
Again, game is a blast right now, but I wouldn't give the team a pass by saying they've made it right. They are on their way in the right direction to MAKING it right, but I'm not gonna let them rest on their laurels for my NIB money just yet.

Well said. I agree I just love playing the pin and am glad they continue to work on it. However, if they do not end up finishing the code I would likely spend my money on NIB pins with other companies.

#87 10 years ago

Pretty disappointing the response owners are getting especially after the turbulent ride we have already had to go through. Just pull the latest update that made the game better with no explanation? Seriously stop the craziness with this title and do the right thing and finish this game already. So frustrating!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

or server crashed and the regular IT tech is on vacation or at comic con and Melvin doesn't know how to restore the database.

Why would this only affect the XM code though?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im fine with all that BUT we must have one more update with Deadpool, epic fail if it doesnt happen.

Quoted from centerflank:

Must have Deadpool!

Yeah for sure. I definitely care and think it deserves an extra mode given the difficulty of the game. Deadpool will have a movie out this year would be great to have a well implemented Deadpool mode. Won't be complete without it and 100% complete wizard modes in my opinion.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Are there two different Dark Phoenix modes? I don't see any placeholder for defeating all villains.

Wondering about that myself I've never made it so am unsure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-and-pro-130-pulled-from-sterns-website-any-theories?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.