Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tanooki
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5496.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 8 years ago

Syco

simpler(?) to try first.. move the coil forward or back 1/16" to see if changing the plunger/coil startpoint might help them hit a little harder. not deep enough could be making them mushy, or too deep making them slowish. I'll admit it right now too that I AM just guessing (and maybe right?). these units were mass produced slammed together, something 1-2mm off wouldnt have been noticed in production, but might be why-how your flippers are TOO weak?
    no cost but a little effort experimenting with coil-plunger start position/relationship.
    (hell, if it works.. sorry I didnt think of it a long time ago!)

check plunger pull angle and plunger puller angle stuff too while there, any kinking or binding in any of the stroke causing plunger to drag in its sleeve? small adjustments to where the coil casing is planted might (finally!) get your stuff working better, I hope.

#44 8 years ago

it didnt occur to me either for never having the problem myself, but the startpoint depth of plunger in coil-sleeve can very likely affect strength and speed. a friends HvsV has a somewhat mushy left flipper, really hard to make the ramp on the right side..
    what if my latest guess is IT? I can see how coil mech could have been planted 1-2mm off if the pf moved that much on an assembly line. right flipper no problem but that left one, ouch.
    the guess is the coil needs to be 1/16 or 3/32 closer for slightly deeper plunger startpoint.
    same left flipper is kinda spongy bouncy when catching too, like not strong enough.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-zizzle-machine?tu=zizzlemeplease and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.