(Topic ID: 88829)

WOZ SOTR Video - Spoilers!

By iepinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

SPOILER WARNING! Don't watch this video if you don't want to be spoiled!

Finally got to Somewhere Over the Rainbow! Very cool mode, great lighting effects, won't say anything else for those that don't want to be spoiled. If you do, watch the video. Sorry it's not the full game. I only setup the camera once I realized I would reach it.

SOTR starts around 3:20.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He only set up the camera after he put the glass back on. Let me one-up the old pinball adage for this feat that isn't humanly possible: If you didn't film it from ball 1, it didn't happen.

Yeah, if I hadn't already packed the my camera and rig for the Mustang launch party tomorrow it'd be a full game. Been thinking of making a video tutorial but need one more camera before I do, or a video capture card to grab the display directly.

Quoted from egyptrus:

the flipper noise was really loud in this video...

Glass was on, but I should have turned the volume up before recording. Doesn't help that I just recently tiled my gameroom (an unfortunate necessity) which has caused all sorts of expected echo issues that I'm still working through.

Quoted from Aurich:

I really like this game, I think JJP knocked it out of the park with a deep and original game that's like nothing else in so many ways. I even love the theme, I grew up reading the original Baum books, which are way trippier than the film.

But I just can't stand most of the music. *snip*

This game is certainly the oddball for my in-house gameroom lineup: Tron, Shadow, LOTR, ACDC, and then WOZ. I didn't buy it for the music but it doesn't bother me like I thought it would. In fact, the SOTR theme at the end here felt satisfying while playing it, almost like the final movement to a symphony. There's always Night on Bald Mountain during Rescue Multiball to get your blood pumping.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just connected your Pinside name with who you are in real life. I should have figured you for a Shadow owner with that secret laugh mode round at Steve's! I can't argue with your games being to my taste, so that's certainly something that you're mixing WOZ in with them.

So here's my question, how do you pitch your personal game? Because the Pinball Land one today was just so floaty it was kind of killing me, but it looked there was a good inch of thread showing on the front legs. Is that some default setup? Or maybe Ron just likes it that way? I was looking forward to playing a little more, but that pinball on the moon feeling kinda sapped the fun out of it for me.

I figured you knew already between setting up the tournaments and such. I do keep a low profile here most of the time though, not a big poster.

My game is set around 7 degrees and yes, Ron's game was way too floaty for me. Only played one other game on AC/DC to check it out but that was low on the pitch as well. It was my first time there but I assume that's simply how they like them. I'm hoping to run a larger tournament there at some point where I'd be increasing the pitch all around as long as they're ok with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-sotr-video-spoilers?tu=iepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.