image-463.jpg
WOZnado.jpg
image.jpg
trophy1.gif
rent.jpg
image-435.jpg
image-475.jpg
image-256.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Don't see it that way.
Most at $6500 got a lot more than they thought. It took longer and cost more and they deserve it.

Jack, this is the first time in history I've agreed with teekee. You really f*cked this up.

One of your (probably former) customers.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Being more the collector type, if I had already received my WOZLE, I'd be really fucking pissed right now.
You know me, Jack. Just telling it like it is.

I'm not even that much of a collector, and I'm pissed.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Why are you pissed? Please explain.

Because I feel I was lied to. 1000 LE games... buy early, support the company, and get rewarded with a special edition. So paid the first payment almost 3 years ago, paid off 2 years ago, and waited.. got a game a week ago, and find out there's a better "LE" a week later. So why did I preorder 3 years ago??

I like the game, but right now do not like JJP much at all. Crappy business practices, and they've lost my trust.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I purchased a an m3 (LE). Could have gotten a 335(standard). While my car was being built bmw announced the track edition m3 for 10k more. This happens every day with every product. Why this escapes some people is beyond me.
Apple does this every 6 months. Yet I would bet most of you own an apple product or 10.

That's a stupid comparison, Alex. Apple does not sell limited editions of their hardware (and if they ever did, they wouldn't pull a stunt like this).

#205 10 years ago

I can think of one who didn't: Stern and Tron. And I even want a Tron LE, but respect Stern for not making more.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

I'll be happy to give you 5k for your no-longer-LE version and maybe take BBH off your hands too

No way you're getting our BBH!

It's a great day for hunting pheasant!

#563 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What you don't understand is that the collectors/speculators/investors or whatever you want to call them are an important part of the market and their money helps pinball moving forward. They are probably more important to it than someone like you. You don't have to like them but they count big time. Take their money out of the market and new pinball suffers. Stern, JJP, JPOP, etc needs them as much as they need you, probably more...
You just don't understand... you think you do but you don't.

You know, that was a reasonable and well-written post, til the snarky comment at the end. You're getting better, though. Keep at it...

#939 10 years ago

Cal50, you're right about us having little effect compared to massive geological events. Here's another tidbit.. the planet doesn't care what we do to it! The earth will be just as 'happy' with global warming as it would be with another ice age. The question is whether WE will be happy with it, and the answer is, over and over: not very much at all.

Didn't even really have to look for a supporting article, yet another came out today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/science/earth/warning-on-global-food-supply.html

Fact is, it doesn't matter whether we are the principal cause of change or not... what matters is whether we can do some things to slow or prevent it. Not because of any conservative or liberal agenda, but because, you know, it's kinda nice to eat. This isn't petty politics, this is whether your children are going to live well, or live in a shitty dystopia. People who take good scientific research and distort it to promote an unrelated political agenda, in a word, suck.

#959 10 years ago

The code in the Pro is really good right now. The idea of three levels of six missions is pretty cool.. you can try to complete all the top level for the super awards and kobayashi multiball, or if you get tired of that, try drilling down and completing all three levels of one mission for a permanently multiplied shot. It's harder to drill down... the missions get quite a bit harder, but the perm multiplers are sweet!

One example - prime directive:

Level 1 - shoot any lit shots for points. Combos double shot scores (as they do for ALL missions). Mission ends on final shot after timer counts down. Can be timed out by wussies, but stupid as points are needed here and for later modes.

Level 2 - make sequence of ~7 shots. Shots flow as a combo so in theory can be done quickly, but yea.. theory. If you haven't made all shots when time expires, you fail and must restart level 2 mission. You pick up on shots where you left off on restart.

Level 3 - make those same 7 shots, but no restart when you left off if you don't make it in time...have to restart level 3 from beginning if you f it up. Ouch!

All six missions evolve like this, but all have unique rules. One (Nero II?) has you hitting 3 shots left to right to clear 3 enemies before they get reinforcements.. other advanced missions light only one shot, etc. All are varied.. you really have 18 modes here, plus three separate Vengeance batle modes (one multiball, two single ball), plus Klingon multiball, plus the two minor mission wiz modes (Kobayashi multiball and whatever you get for finishing all level 2 missions), and finally captains chair. All the missions have really good music and sounds from the movie.

All that is just what's in the Pro. I am quite confident that Steve is not going to let his game get short-changed by Stern. It's bad enough they missed with the LCD.. methinks he's going to make up for that in spades with one kickass traditional pinball.

#986 10 years ago

Somalia.

#995 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Summary of the last 20 pages:
"Waaaaaaaah! Jack made 4 new toys and a topper!!!"
"Global warming is a myth"
"This is/isn't capitalism at it's finest/worst"
-a description of StarTrek Pro rules (not sure why, but it's in here too)

Whoops, that last was mine. Responded to a comment about ST; actually thought I was in one of the ST threads at the time. They blur together after a while, especially the derailed ones.

Feel free to cut and paste that post into a relevant ST thread

Edit: yea that was a total mis-post, no idea how it got here, but supposed to be in the STLE thread... Trainwreck complete, 5 million!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-75th-anniversary-le-the-real-le?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.