img_02004_ride_or_die_design.jpg
shit_out_the_door.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1366.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

What about the insert brightness? Can you turn them down. The whole lighting situation on WOZ really... well it SUCKS! Too much brightness on the inserts and not enough GI.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Mayday! mayday!! Where's that eject button?!?

What?

#70 10 years ago

The GI brightness has been an issue for quite some time now. Finally JJP addresses the issue and it's not much better. Now that the second update in two days hasn't fixed the problem I wonder what they plan to do now?

Trying to keep this on topic.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The best thing they can do at this point is throw a couple spotlights on it from the factory and call it a day.

That's what I'm thinking too. I really hope they do something about the insert brightness though. Make it adjustable.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm a tinny bit glad I'm not getting my game for a couple of months.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I definitely have buyers remorse at this point but hopefully that will change if they ever get things worked out. The quality control is a little disturbing and to be honest the game at this point is not all that fun. The flippers are not as good as Stern flippers especially when it comes to backhand shots. Now go ahead and tell me why my opinion doesn't count because when you do actually get your game you will find out WOZ is not on that pedestal you think its on.

Ouch, tell me it isn't so. I've played it several times too and have thought maybe this game may not be for me. The last time I played it was at Rehoboth Beach and it was fun but still waiting for that damn code to finish so I can get a good feel for it. The game in Rehoboth didn't give any replays, matches or ball saver. At $1.00 a play it was a little unsettling. It also had the ball get stuck behind the left castle door. Other issues too but I figured it was a prototype so maybe these things will get fixed.

I agree about the flippers too. They are not as good as the new Sterns but they are still good enough. I could be wrong but I'm certain they are at least not any better than the new Sterns.

I really enjoyed the two outlane ball save features. The video and music was really nice for the TOTO last chance. I also thought this game may be too easy for me but after playing it this last time I think I was too quick to judge. Hopefully I get my game soon and get to play it and if it sucks I'll be able to flip it for 10K . At this point it would be stupid for me to sell my spot. Unless Jack is unable to fulfill his promise of getting me my game this year.

pappy

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Coming into a WOZ thread with a clearly anti-WOZ bias for the purpose of stirring up new WOZ owners with comments like "how's that crow taste", shows that it's pretty much time for you to take a time out and "give it a rest".

I'm really surprised you guys haven't "ignored" him yet. Really should just let him say his piece and leave it be so this thread can stay on topic.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Pappy - If this helps - I have a friend who did not order a WOZ, but played it everywhere he went (I think mostly to rub it in that I had paid for one, but had not received it OR played it) and he would complain about various things on the game - the flippers, alarmingly short ball times, adjustment issues, etc.

Now that I have the game, many of the things he was concerned about are non-issues or at least way better

Thanks for that. I hope you are right. We will see soon....I hope.

pappy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-118-online?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.