a (resized).jpg
Big House (resized).jpg
ro goe0e534ce93595f6449cd7e1fbacb7c17698108eb (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
Warlok (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
8_zps89ec9ba1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Nominees being accepted for the worst Translites in pinball ...feel free to nominate up to 5! I will collect the nominees for a bit then start a poll with the best of the worst! Mine are Demolition Man, High speed 2, Raven, Heavy Metal Meltdown

#2 7 years ago

Genesis

#3 7 years ago

The Shadow

#4 7 years ago

I think there is already a thread on this. But most Sys80s. A bunch of Data East.
Found it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-worst-translite-fun-debate/page/3#post-1748722

#5 7 years ago

bad girls. genesis.

sopranos

bsd

#6 7 years ago

Raven

#7 7 years ago

Last Action Hero, Gold Wings, Metallica Premium Road Case, Hollywood Heat, Arena

#8 7 years ago

Hardbody.

Thread closed.

#9 7 years ago

24 is pretty bad. Not a lot of excitement on that one.

The Stern NFL games are incredibly bad. Like "fake pinball movie prop" bad.

Lots of awful Gottlieb art including the street line games.

#10 7 years ago

iuO3NU8MS3 (resized).jpgiuO3NU8MS3 (resized).jpgiu[6] (resized).jpgiu[6] (resized).jpg

Also, South Park. Not so much because the artwork is terrible, but because all the white creates a ton of glare off the glass and makes it hard to see the playfield.

#11 7 years ago

Reason is that GOT is easily the hottest property going around. Such a detailed world.....and this is what they came up with.
Probably not the worst ever, but considering the theme... The biggest mismatch and biggest 'ball drop'

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Flash for the win.

#13 7 years ago

Another vote for GOT.

#14 7 years ago

Any Stern game.............that GOT bites..........nice dwarf............

#15 7 years ago

waterworld

#16 7 years ago

A few that haven't been mentioned yet...RoGo, Barbwire, Shrek, Monte Carlo(Gottlieb), Vegas and Lady Luck.

#17 7 years ago

I'd consider voting for anyone that has clowns. Happy ones. Sad ones. Doesn't matter, I really don't like clowns. Also Grand Lizard. The perspective on it is just terrible the art is poorly done. The Paul Faris prototype is much, much better.

#18 7 years ago

Dale Jr = 60 seconds in Photoshop using the lasso and feathered edges tools.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Street Fighter 2, love the game, but the translite was an atrocity.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Hardbody.
Thread closed.

Rachel Mclish is a beautiful woman! Though she does look like she's gonna assault you on the Hardbody translite.

#21 7 years ago

Spring Break. It is literally a photograph of photographs.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Any Stern game.............that GOT bites..........nice dwarf............

tyrian looks like he's having a wank and checking to see if anyone is watching him and the directions that everyone else is looking is so arbitrary.

there is so much photoshop wrong on most of the [licensor approved] art packages, it makes you wonder what the credentials are to get a job at the studio's art departments. "can you breath? great, you're hired!"

#23 7 years ago

I think this is the longest one of these threads has lasted without World Poker Tour being mentioned. Not the absolute worst, but still hideous!

WPTBackglass_SM (resized).jpgWPTBackglass_SM (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Dale Jr = 60 seconds in Photoshop using the lasso and feathered edges tools.

Pretty sure that Dale Jr is one of the all time worst. Terrible...

#25 7 years ago

Shrek. I couldn't have that one in my house.

Python's Grand Lizard glass is ridiculous.

#26 7 years ago

uhh, sfii

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

Just about any Gottlieb Premiere game, including this one.

arena (resized).jpgarena (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Stern KISS
Fore
Spanish eyes

#29 7 years ago

Top this! Game sucks too!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#30 7 years ago

but it's got an actual "working" roulette wheel!!! they could have gotten rid of the two street walker types and renamed it "sausage party"

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Top this! Game sucks too!

You, sir, take this for the win. Absolutely awful

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Stern KISS
Fore
Spanish eyes

What about Kiss don't you like? Please don't take my comment as me being a dick. I'm just curious. I realize it is a rehash of the Bally artwork. But by Stern standards, I thought it was a success since it was a sign that they were willing to get away from the crappy photoshop artwork they were commonly relying on.

#34 7 years ago

The problem with some of the awful ones is they go into the territory of "so bad it's good". Examples of those are a lot of the photographic Gottlieb translites and the 90s big heads. Worse for me are the bland photoshop jobs like the examples given above like Dale Jr., 24, Wrestlemania, NFL and GOT. More nothing translites are BBH, CSI, NBA, Space Jam, No Fear, Barb Wire, Vegas, NASCAR.

#35 7 years ago

Torpedo Alley

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Hollywood Heat

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The problem with some of the awful ones is they go into the territory of "so bad it's good". Examples of those are a lot of the photographic Gottlieb translites and the 90s big heads. Worse for me are the bland photoshop jobs like the examples given above like Dale Jr., 24, Wrestlemania, NFL and GOT. More nothing translites are BBH, CSI, NBA, Space Jam, No Fear, Barb Wire, Vegas, NASCAR.

Agreed. Laser War & Torpedo Alley fit the bill for "so bad it's good". Genesis falls out of that category because of midget s&m.

Then there is just hideous artwork, like Flash.

Then the terrible photoshop posters. Some managed to squeak by, like LotR, but then couldn't help themselves and add in a wiener for good measure in LE.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Hardbody.
Thread closed.

Not the alternate....

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Then there is just hideous artwork, like Flash.

That was definitely the greatest period in pinball when you consider that despite the looks of Flash they sold close to 20,000 units.

Quoted from thedefog:

Then the terrible photoshop posters. Some managed to squeak by, like LotR, but then couldn't help themselves and add in a wiener for good measure in LE.

I looked for the weiner but couldn't find it.

#40 7 years ago

I love the Sys 80's translites, so bad that they become great, The Shadow is probably the worst but Demoman is close and too many others to list including most Sterns. How could you hate this.

14a674cfa0e6b04aa12446355c2196e457994d3f (resized).jpg14a674cfa0e6b04aa12446355c2196e457994d3f (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago

Torpedo Alley
Monte Carlo
Hollywood Heat
Bad Girls
Hardbody

Horrible Mentions
Raven
Genesis

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love the Sys 80's translites, so bad that they become great, The Shadow is probably the worst but Demoman is close and too many others to list including most Sterns. How could you hate this.

I like Raven. What does put me off is that cabinet color scheme? It looks like they tried to do camo but failed miserably.

#43 7 years ago

I see SF2 mentioned frequently as one of the worst, but I don't know what exactly people think is so hideous about it. I mean, it's not great or anything, but it seems to me like it captures the spirit of the video game. Besides, it looks as though Chun Li is not wearing any underwear.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I see SF2 mentioned frequently as one of the worst, but I don't know what exactly people think is so hideous about it. I mean, it's not great or anything, but it seems to me like it captures the spirit of the video game. Besides, it looks as though Chun Li is not wearing any underwear.

are you kidding me!

the characters dont look anything like the arcade game...

i think the art on the playfield is much better and more accurate to the source material. I have a sfii pin and enjoy the hell out of it, but i put an alt translite in as soon as i found a good one.

#46 7 years ago

Galahad: four guys who just looked into the Ark of the Covenant.

image-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago

Never liked demoman

#48 7 years ago

Any one of the poor 'alternate' translites that people make that take 0 account for how the bulbs are behind them, and what effect that they are supposed to have on the original translite.

#49 7 years ago

Who doesn't like Bad Girls? They need love too..... you have to appreciate the sides of the cabinet matching to sides of the pool table on the backglass.

#50 7 years ago

Screenshot_2016-09-12-13-35-12-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-09-12-13-35-12-1 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-translites-in-pinball-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.