• Latest reply 6 years ago by guilds100
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Im trying to change the balls per game to 5 on my Williams world cup running on a system 6 board. Ive tried to follow the system 3 directions and the system 6 directions but neither seem to work. This is my first machine and it didn't have a mpu board when I got it, so I picked this board up online. I also have a system 3 board converted to system 4, but the guy I bought it from said it is no longer compatible with my world cup game. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Setting 30?

#3 6 years ago

when I go into self test mode, it only goes up to 23. My system 3 machine only has auto/manual and advance buttons and I may not be getting into the right mode to begin with.

#4 6 years ago

This might help if the machines controls don't match the board. This completely eliminates the existing service buttons and plugs directly into the connector on the board. It says system 3 ~ 11 so I might be way off base. You might pm him or maybe some if the smart people here will respond.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=20&controller=product&id_lang=1

#5 6 years ago

I think I may need that. I just came across this picture and my connector only has 3 wires.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

For $6 it can't hurt. You will probably need to get into the menu for more than just changing ball count too. You might want to pm him first

#7 6 years ago

WMS white ROMs are a pain to adjust. You have to use the command entry dip switches on the MPU. Audit mode adjustments didnt happen until Yellow ROMs.

The manual on IPDB should tell you all the command entry stuff including 3/5ball play.

Might be easier to find the bit(s) in the NVRAM chip an modify with eprom burner =)

#8 6 years ago

oh and the missing header pin is not a big deal when using older games. The older games have no coin door memory protect. There is usually a jumper or PCB track from p1 to p1

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

WMS white ROMs are a pain to adjust. You have to use the command entry dip switches on the MPU. Audit mode adjustments didnt happen until Yellow ROMs.
The manual on IPDB should tell you all the command entry stuff including 3/5ball play.
Might be easier to find the bit(s) in the NVRAM chip an modify with eprom burner =)

I was wondering if the programming could be changed in the eprom permanently as I've read that the changes go away if you pull the battery. Any recommendations on an eprom burner?

#10 6 years ago

I was using the wrong system 3 settings for the 5 ball game. Put in the right ones and now it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-world-cup-on-a-system-6-board-change-balls-per-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.