Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2370 wires (resized).jpg
IMG_2372 left switch (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgamboa1988.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've been working hard to get this machine to work but now I'm having an issue when any time the bonus is advanced on the left side it immediately counts it down and adds it to my score. Super annoying and not sure where to start. hope its something obvious. Any pointers would be great. Thanks in advance.

#3 3 years ago

Mopar the thing is, I dropped down my left bonus stepper unit to work on the flippers and after I put everything back together I noticed this issue. The Left Bonus Relay looks fine and according to the manual I have the switches adjusted correctly. I also noticed that when the game starts and ejects the ball the left bonus stepper unit doesn't advance by 1 to light the 5000 light on the playfield. I'm assuming this is because something is stuck telling it to count down. Wish I had a picture of a working left bonus unit stepper to compare mine. For the time being I adjusted the switches to match the right bonus unit. hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

#4 3 years ago

just poked around a little more and the advance left bonus stand up switch is acting as if its the outhole switch. anytime I press the switch the ball count unit advances to ball 2, 3 etc. still not sure what's goin on. going to have a look at the schematics and see if anything stands out. Right bonus is working correctly.

#6 3 years ago

ok so I found that the paper on the switch in the outhole was missing causing the machine to think the ball was constantly in the outhole which explains the bonus unit counting down. But, now the problem I'm having is the left bonus unit isn't advancing after completing the spinner sequence. The spinner adds points but doesn't advance the left bonus.

#8 3 years ago

ok so I found a loose wire going to switch 1a on the spinner relay stack. soldered it back in place and now my right spinner/ advance is working. New problem popped up of course. Now I have an issue when I drain the ball the right bonus unit counts down but the ball count relay doesn't advance after counting down or pulse the bonus unit after its done like its supposed to. would this be switch 3a on the score motor causing this? Mopar phil-lee

#11 3 years ago

made the mistake of saying right relay in my last post, but the left relay is actually the problem. You do have it correct though, it counts all the way down but doesn't end the ball and move to ball 2. anyway, it seems like the alternating relay isn't pulling in at the end of the ball which doesn't step up the ball count unit. when I push in the alternating relay manually when I hit the out hole switch the game moves to ball 2, 3 etc. HowardHurtz Mopar

#12 3 years ago

SOLVED!!! using alligator clips I figured out that a zero switch on the left bonus unit wasn't making contact even though it looked like it was. I also went through and adjusted all the switches on the score motor. Now my game is working 100% for all 4 players! couldn't have done it without the help from Mopar and HowardR

#14 3 years ago

Mopar HowardR well I found another issue. looks like my 10,000 point relay isn't pulling in after my 1,000 point relay rolls over. its only happening to players 2-4. player 1 doesn't have this issue. when I hit a switch that scores 10,000 the 10,000 relay pulses. any tips would help greatly.

#17 3 years ago

SOLVED!!! This time, its for real! After using alligator clips from the 9 position switch on the second player 1,000 drum to the 10,000 point relay all players are now back to scoring correctly. not sure where the short is, but at least I know the r/o wire is broken somewhere. Thanks again for your guys help! HowardR Mopar

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgamboa1988.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-left-bonus-relay-keeps-resetting-?tu=dgamboa1988 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.