Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ray J.jpg
    Signal to Noise Ratio.png
    bronson no no.gif
    thats what she said.jpg
    beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead41-500x375.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

you have seen it for the last three years because Jack can't get a game out.I will jump on the JJP wagon when pre pay ends

You don't need to "jump on the JJP wagon" at all....

If you don't dig pre-pay (I don't either), you simply vote with your $$$$. iceman has made this point several times (correctly).

The Hobbit is obviously still following the pre-pay model, but that wont stop me (or anyone else) from simply WAITING for a playable, ship-able game and THEN making a buying decision. I wont let my distaste for his payment model stop me from buying a game i want (I just wont play those pre-pay reindeer games).

BTW, there's tradeoffs to be sure:
    1. I'd probably pay a little bit more for the luxury of holding my own money
    2. I'd probably NOT get one as quickly as the VERY early- pre-orderers
    3. I lose out on the pleasure of beta-testing Jack's new things....

I'm fine with that. Just like many of the JJP faithful believe the exact opposite is worthwhile (foolishly)

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

That must be why JJP fans pay years ahead of time they are not happy unless there miserable

Please stop, you're even giving the regular JJP-trolls a bad name now....

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Lowepg that was not even close to nasty and those were not my words I was just returning a volley .[not happy unless there miserable] are others words not mine.

A post doesn't have to be nasty to be dumb.

And..... The entire premise of the thread is flawed. Pre-pay exists not just because JACK wants it, it exists because the customers are willing to play along. THEY can end the whole prepay model in a heartbeat- by simply not doing it.

It reminds me of the conversations around "why stern should stop releasing games with incomplete code" or "why manufacturers should stop selling high priced LE models"

The power to fix those things lies with us... the CONSUMERS. That stuff gets resolved when we vote with our dollars....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-jjp-needs-to-get-rid-of-pre-pay?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.