Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ray J.jpg
    Signal to Noise Ratio.png
    bronson no no.gif
    thats what she said.jpg
    beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead41-500x375.jpg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Was it Jayhawkai that suggested we have a "Vote off a Pinsider" event every week? I have a great nominee for the inaugural event.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Miserable? I played WOZ before I left for work today. My only misery is that I seem to be completely incapable of melting the witch.

life's a witch then you marry one

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

That must be why JJP fans pay years ahead of time they are not happy unless there miserable

What? Thank you for the trolling comment.

I'm paying on The Hobbit and don't mind the wait after seeing the great work JJP did with WOZ. Now I'm off to go play some WOZ

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

So true, we all carry great sympathy for your husband.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

And then you divorce her and buy a bunch of pinball machines. Holla if ya hear me!

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And then you divorce her and buy a bunch of pinball machines. Holla if ya hear me!

Addition by subtraction. It was like getting a raise. LOL

#107 10 years ago

I don't think people are haters, I just think it's a basic discussion. I don't care for the kickstarter idea, I think it leads to bigger issues down the road. But whatever floats your boat...

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So true, we all carry great sympathy for your husband.

There is absolutely no doubt that ek is female, btw, not to hammer the cool chicks that float around here, Blondie, Taco, Bushmaster and a couple of others, we love you guys, but wtf I'm trying to escape my wife and 3 daughters for little pinball man cave time!

That said, hot chicks, with big racks are always welcome

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

That must be why JJP fans pay years ahead of time they are not happy unless there miserable

Please stop, you're even giving the regular JJP-trolls a bad name now....

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Was it Jayhawkai that suggested we have a "Vote off a Pinsider" event every week? I have a great nominee for the inaugural event.

Lol

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Please stop, you're even giving the regular JJP-trolls a bad name now....

I'm agreeing with lowepg? Well we better play some pinball quick because the end of the world is nigh.

#112 10 years ago

isn't the prepay done? my Hobbit next payment is mid april then the final once shipping date is received ( i believe it's 30 days prior?) but my 75th is only 2500.00 deposit, no payment options , balance 30 days from ship date.

#113 10 years ago

Lowepg that was not even close to nasty and those were not my words I was just returning a volley .[not happy unless there miserable] are others words not mine.

#114 10 years ago

Yeah the pre pay crap is bs; last time I checked you get to see your product from stern before having to choose to buy it and not support their company

#115 10 years ago

Even with a smaller company like spooky you do not have to prepay

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Don't say that ek77, ur wife a saint. Doesn't she cart u around cause you don't have a drivers license?

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Even with a smaller company like Spooky you do not have to prepay

Apples to oranges, but think you made that point yourself.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

isn't the prepay done? my Hobbit next payment is mid april then the final once shipping date is received ( i believe it's 30 days prior?) but my 75th is only 2500.00 deposit, no payment options , balance 30 days from ship date.

This is exactly right. The Hobbit is mostly prepay, but the 75th is not. So prepay is all but done. On to the next JJP bash topic. This one is dead.

#119 10 years ago

with stained glass it was half up front and half upon completion, typically 2-3 months done.
    yeah pinball is more complicated, I can understand maybe 12 months something like that. might be a working prototype should be developed near perfected before the announcement is made for them, with the prepay going straight into the production of the idea that IS already nailed down. i'm not against the prepay contracting but waiting 2-3 years on a game cant be fun. might be he needs virtual pinball creators more familiar with real CNC factory production who can port parts straight to MasterCam or similar, if not already happening.

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Don't say that ek77, ur wife a saint. Doesn't she cart u around cause you don't have a drivers license?

That explains a lot

#121 10 years ago

people shouldn't be prepaying for games anyway. That's why you end up with unfinished product. Plus, Jack loses his incentive to make the game after he already has the cash. I know for me. I don't take full payments until it's done and ready to ship. Which keeps me working on the stuff I need to finish. If I have the cash already in hand, it's way to easy to put it on the back burner.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Lowepg that was not even close to nasty and those were not my words I was just returning a volley .[not happy unless there miserable] are others words not mine.

A post doesn't have to be nasty to be dumb.

And..... The entire premise of the thread is flawed. Pre-pay exists not just because JACK wants it, it exists because the customers are willing to play along. THEY can end the whole prepay model in a heartbeat- by simply not doing it.

It reminds me of the conversations around "why stern should stop releasing games with incomplete code" or "why manufacturers should stop selling high priced LE models"

The power to fix those things lies with us... the CONSUMERS. That stuff gets resolved when we vote with our dollars....

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-jjp-needs-to-get-rid-of-pre-pay/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.