(Topic ID: 335835)

Which T.V. commercials are driving you nuts?

By timab2000

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 5.11.40 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240318_135140 (resized).jpg
    20240318_135133 (resized).jpg
    wp2417153.png
    415552 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 00-31-50 white lotus s02 gun - Google Search (resized).png
    images (9) (resized).jpeg
    default1-large (resized).jpeg
    default-large (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4444[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_7667 (resized).jpeg
    There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 9 months ago

Tom Vu will show you how to invest in real estate and get chicks

#252 9 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Tom Vu will show you how to invest in real estate and get chicks

He was a classic. Although i really loved John Patrick's gambling tapes commercials.
    What a dick.

2 weeks later
    #253 8 months ago

Just saw Hairy lip Amazon girl doing a Pop Tart commercial.

She did shave her lip, which is good, but almost has a unibrow going on.

#254 8 months ago

Just saw Hairy lip Amazon girl doing a Pop Tart commercial.

She did shave her lip, which is good

1 week later
    #255 8 months ago

Got a new one driving me nuts. I guess nowadays it doesn't take much to get me going.

Samsungs new flip phone commercial. All they show is a young guy and girl taking pictures of themselves.

It seems like the camera on the phone is more important than the phone itself.

Is it a phone or is it a camera?? Well I know it's a phone but how many pictures does a person need of themselves of gods sakes.

Just saying.......

#256 8 months ago

The Jeep commercial, with all the jeeps in the middle of no where yet 2 manage to find a EV charging station in the middle of the Bush!

#257 8 months ago

Okay, haven't seen that one yet...

#258 8 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

It seems like the camera on the phone is more important than the phone itself.
    Is it a phone or is it a camera??

Is this rhetorical? The camera aspect has been more important than calling people for years. Unless you're still using that Canon Sure Shot!

3 weeks later
    #259 7 months ago

"I've got type 2 diabetes but I manage it well..... Jardiance, it's really swell, the little pill with the big story to tell"

#260 7 months ago

Kelce getting two shots. Fuck off!!

#261 7 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Kelce getting two shots. Fuck off!!

Zero reason to believe it launched randomly this week. Nothing else going on with him that had been rumored for weeks…

#262 7 months ago

All drug company commercials can f*** off!

#263 7 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"I've got type 2 diabetes but I manage it well..... Jardiance, it's really swell, the little pill with the big story to tell"

Yea if she would drops about 100 lbs, she might not have to take anything. Welcome to America, fat, medicated, and lazy.

#264 6 months ago

Now we need Travis Kelsey to go away.

#265 6 months ago

Car Shilled,enough already,Get Car Shilled

#266 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Car Shilled,enough already,Get Car Shilled

If I wasn't a mechanic I'd own it.

Or the old dude with the suspenders, old lady, and canoe?

#267 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is this rhetorical? The camera aspect has been more important than calling people for years. Unless you're still using that Canon Sure Shot!

Canon Sure shot commercials were hot, with Maria Sharapova? (tennis player).

#268 6 months ago

The Jim Beam ad where everyone at the bar is singing Sweet Caroline. If I walked into that bar and that crap was happening, I'd walk right out. Part of it is I hate that song. I also hate that Boston seems to have adopted it as their sports theme song which makes it more annoying. Let me just have some drinks, socialize, and watch some sports.... not participate in a crappy-ass sing along. Jim Beam can go f*** himself

#269 6 months ago

If you’re from Kentucky, you get the pleasure of watching a pro abortion political ad. The ad is a girl who talks about being raped and impregnated at age 12 by her stepdad.

My issue with the commercial isn’t political (I’m not talking about that topic here). I simply don’t want to hear about that kind of thing while I’m trying to watch wheel of fortune with my young kids.

#270 6 months ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The Jim Beam ad where everyone at the bar is singing Sweet Caroline. If I walked into that bar and that crap was happening, I'd walk right out. Part of it is I hate that song. I also hate that Boston seems to have adopted it as their sports theme song which makes it more annoying. Let me just have some drinks, socialize, and watch some sports.... not participate in a crappy-ass sing along. Jim Beam can go f*** himself

We all know what the superior Tennessee whiskey is, anyway.

#271 6 months ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Add to it that the inspiration for the song was a photo of 9 year old Caroline Kennedy dressed to the nines to go horse back riding -- while for years he said it was for his wife and used Caroline as it had three syllables and his wife's name didn't, but recently admitted it was the photo that was the inspiration. Maybe a it was a bit of both, but makes you pause when you think about lines like "touching me, touching you"

#272 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

If you’re from Kentucky, you get the pleasure of watching a pro abortion political ad. The ad is a girl who talks about being raped and impregnated at age 12 by her stepdad.
    My issue with the commercial isn’t political (I’m not talking about that topic here). I simply don’t want to hear about that kind of thing while I’m trying to watch wheel of fortune with my young kids.

That sorta reminds me of when they started showing all those boner pill ads and talking about four hour erections.

#273 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Yeah it’s sad they are using her like that. Both sides will do anything to smear the opposite side.

#274 6 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

We all know what the superior Tennessee whiskey is, anyway.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Our bar area is what We drink.
    20231016_132119 (resized).jpg20231016_132119 (resized).jpg

#275 6 months ago

Commercials in general are getting low brow. Popping zits, explosive ear wax, hair removal and close up cavity mouths, enough is enough.Been awhile since I viewed a TV, the fast talking drug commercials and dying dogs/kids were the worst.

#276 6 months ago

I agree some topics arent respecting that kids are in the room,Seeing the new exorcist commercials at noon while watching NFL or shows with the kids is too much.IMO.Maybe if you must play them specify after 8 or 10 PM or something.Or watching the woman talk about waxing Her golden triangle seems too much at that time of day.

#277 6 months ago

This one's an annual annoyance for me. Just started up again for the 3rd (maybe 4th) year in a row.

The Medicare annual enrollment pitch with the "I'm Not Calling!!!" old woman with that... -ugh- ...that... "face."
    I get sick just thinking of this one

#278 6 months ago

I've got another annoying ad that shows up early in the morning ..... Peloton. Why do I need someone getting overly intense and yelling at me when I'm trying to watch the morning news or Sportscenter? Why do people need yelling at them to do exercise? When I work out, I just f**king do it, no need to have someone breathing down my neck "FEEL THE BURN!!!!!!!!!!!" If I want to hear that, I'll watch some old WWF matches with Macho Man. 99% of those people will use it as a clothes drying rack after a month anyways.... so stupid. Bring back 1-877-Kars-4-Kids

Let me go run around with my dog .... "YEAH CHRIS...WORK THOSE QUADS!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

OK.... YES I CAN!!! YES I MUST!!! WATCH ME ARGHHHH!!!!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#279 6 months ago

Homeaglow….get your lazy ass off the couch!

#280 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

DUDE STFU! I want to shoot the goddam TV every time that comes on with that nasty hag and her gunt dancing around like it's the yellow brick rd.

#281 6 months ago

All of the Tom Brady Hertz commercials where he is pretending to be on an Oprah type show where he's getting interviewed. His acting is terrible. I guess he's trying to be Tom Cruise in the one where he stands up on the couch. They are all bad.

#282 6 months ago

I have them blocked on youtube and I almost never watch live TV...I do come across ads on Tubi when watching a "free" movie I suppose...I think its mostly pharma stuff...I usually zone out, grab a drink, my phone or hit the head...

2 weeks later
    #283 5 months ago

The Lume lady is back with something new to hate with the intensity of 1,000 suns.

IMG_1013 (resized).jpegIMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
    #284 5 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

The Lume lady is back with something new to hate with the intensity of 1,000 suns. [quoted image]

Ohbyeah I've run into her; horrible

2 weeks later
    #285 5 months ago
    20231124_165301 (resized).jpg20231124_165301 (resized).jpg
    #286 5 months ago

Ashley Park for Skechers UNO

Not a terrible commercial, but not when you hear/see it 3 times an hour 12 hrs a day for weeks on end

catchy tune
    but turns into an ear worm fast

#287 5 months ago

Two things at once.

#288 5 months ago

This one is driving me nuts this Xmas season.

#289 5 months ago

The Geico commercial where the guy gets a mountain of cheese on his pasta. “Say when!”

0764FB82-F28A-4767-B882-20AA73586CBF (resized).jpeg0764FB82-F28A-4767-B882-20AA73586CBF (resized).jpeg
    #290 5 months ago

I’m totally fine if I don’t see those Old Navy X-mas commercials with that weird talking redhead anymore.

IMG_6119 (resized).jpegIMG_6119 (resized).jpeg

#291 5 months ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

This one is driving me nuts this Xmas season.

[quoted image]

I know its the new style but Tuck in all of the shirt or none.Looks like she ran out of the Bathroom in a hurry.

#292 5 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Two things at once.

Two things at once. Go fuck your self TK!

#293 5 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Two things at once. Go fuck your self TK!

The amount of commercials he’s in right now is staggering. During a football game commercial break (NFL/NCAA) you’re like 90% likely to see at least one of the dozen TK ads. If it’s not during a football game, that percentage drops to a strong 86%.

The TK fatigue and eventual backlash is in accelerated mode.

#294 5 months ago

I can't remember the last time I purchased something on a commercial.
    TV, YouTube or billboard.
    Do these Companies just enjoy wasting money?
    Do commercials actually work?
    I know people who actually boycott items simply because the commercial was pushy, irritating or repetitive.
    While I'm at it I really, really don't care what Taylor Swift, Megan and Harry or Snoop Dog are saying, doing or advertising.

#295 5 months ago

Add for Hunnington Bank I think [?] I get so angry when I hear the first three words that I black out and can't recall what the add is actually for.
    "Mindy? Oh MY GOD!!"
    Anouncer: You actually knew Mindy?
    This is where the rage makes everything fuzzy and my brain starts to get twitchy...
    First the add was just on the radio [every 11 minutes] which was bad enough, but then I was watching the sportsball and it came across the TV. I was mesmerized by the hate. I truly thought it couldn't get any worse. Then I saw the face behind that fucking voice.

1 week later
    #296 4 months ago

It's not a TV commercial, but there's a YT ad with Gordon Ramsay pushing some pans, and one is a 3min ad where he cooks a burger. Yesterday I was laughing at it. Today I counted.

He adds salt SEVEN TIMES to the burger and its layers! No shit a burger is going to have flavor when it's basically a salt lick with a bit of beef in there. Then in the 3 minutes he uses the word "beautiful" (or "beautifully") ELEVEN TIMES! Does he know any more adjectives??? Wow, I'm sick of him.

#297 4 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I can't remember the last time I purchased something on a commercial.
    TV, YouTube or billboard.
    Do these Companies just enjoy wasting money?
    Do commercials actually work?
    I know people who actually boycott items simply because the commercial was pushy, irritating or repetitive.
    While I'm at it I really, really don't care what Taylor Swift, Megan and Harry or Snoop Dog are saying, doing or advertising.

If you’re in your 50’s or older they’re not advertising to you anyway.
    You’ve already made up your mind on most products!

#298 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's not a TV commercial, but there's a YT ad with Gordon Ramsay pushing some pans, and one is a 3min ad where he cooks a burger. Yesterday I was laughing at it. Today I counted.
    He adds salt SEVEN TIMES to the burger and its layers! No shit a burger is going to have flavor when it's basically a salt lick with a bit of beef in there. Then in the 3 minutes he uses the word "beautiful" (or "beautifully") ELEVEN TIMES! Does he know any more adjectives??? Wow, I'm sick of him.

Oh yeah the Hexclad ones or whatever. I'll check it out, that's funny.
    I mean his #1 argument on kitchen nightmares is not enough seasoning.

#299 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

#300 4 months ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

If you’re in your 50’s or older they’re not advertising to you anyway.
    You’ve already made up your mind on most products!

Indeed. It was a lot easier sorting through all the sugary cereal and treats ads than all the medications for diabetes and such they are pimping now.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-tv-commercials-are-driving-you-nuts-/page/6?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.